Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

As for the Lopez AD the vote for filling the position was turned down 6 to 1 with Joe Rodriguez being the only one to vote for Steve Marroquin to be the next Lopez coach. Was hoping for Tony Villareal but seems like Beto Leal is gaining traction as a lot of people including some board members want him as the next coach. Beto Leal is good as a coordinator but being a head coach is an unknown. This is not to be confused with new BISD AD Gilbert Leal. It is Albert Leal. Lets see who the next coach is for Lopez.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    As for the Lopez AD the vote for filling the position was turned down 6 to 1 with Joe Rodriguez being the only one to vote for Steve Marroquin to be the next Lopez coach. Was hoping for Tony Villareal but seems like Beto Leal is gaining traction as a lot of people including some board members want him as the next coach. Beto Leal is good as a coordinator but being a head coach is an unknown. This is not to be confused with new BISD AD Gilbert Leal. It is Albert Leal. Lets see who the next coach is for Lopez.
    Starkey left the Lopez program better than it was a few years ago. Whoever gets hired just needs to improve on the foundation Starkey and his staff created there.

Best wishes to Lopez and whoever is hired as HC.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Hall of Famer

Where did Starkey go

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ralphss434 View Post
    Where did Starkey go
    Jason Starkey resigned February 14 so he can pursue a career in the private sector. Allowed for family time better than HC have.

Retired Super Moderator

Where did Starkey go
    The guy is living well in Laguna Vista, and according to Jake Berry, is "building new houses, not programs." Suffice it to say, Starkey won't apply for the PI opening.

Gilbert will do great! He is a very intelligent coach. BISD made a great decision is selecting Gilbert Leal as their new AD. Good luck coach!
    Last edited by whouwit; 05-17-2018 at 07:10 AM.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by whouwit View Post
    Gilbert will do great! He is a very intelligent coach. BISD made a great decision is selecting Gilbert Leal as their new AD. Good luck coach!
    I hope this is the case. It will be very hard to do great if the good ole coach atop the entire district pulls the stings. Hope Leal stands ground for what is right for the kids. Good luck Gilbert Leal.

Quote Originally Posted by whouwit View Post
    Gilbert will do great! He is a very intelligent coach. BISD made a great decision is selecting Gilbert Leal as their new AD.
    For the record, the position is Athletic Administrator (AA), not Athletic Director (AD). Old Coach Joe will be the one DIRECTING (Leal). "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    I hope this is the case. It will be very hard to do great if the good ole coach atop the entire district pulls the stings. Hope Leal stands ground for what is right for the kids. Good luck Gilbert Leal.
    Go talk the the man....

He is easy to talk to and communicates well...

I met him while he was in Mercedes and I think he was a better administrator then coach (which probably wont go over well next time I see him)

Leal is a good oc, but as a head coach no,much less ad. What will this do to SB ?
    Infante to SB! Could happen.😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Wow, I thought Joe Rodriguez was long-since retired? Had no idea he was still a player in Brownsville politics because, you know.....retirement?
    Is there a retire rehire system in Brownsville?

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by REKAT View Post
    Infante to SB! Could happen.��

San Benito did pass more with Leal but still was balanced.

Infante uses Mike Leach's Air Raid offense. Passes about 80-20% of the time.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by REKAT View Post
    Is there a retire rehire system in Brownsville?

Shhhh......lol.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Thread Information