Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,043

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default Word on the street a new AD for BISD

    Brownsville Rivera baseball team was good enough to make playoffs this year. But they did not make it due to being eliminated by UIL after paperwork issues. Rivera had plenty of warnings from other AD from the valley especially from their own district. All this snafu is on the baseball coach for using a player not cleared even though he lives in the Rivera zone but was a transfer. The coach failed to file after repeated reminders. But not all is on the coach as the principal was notified along with the AD. The AD happens to be good old Tom Chavez. He also did nothing to correct this issue. Because of this the other kids had to pay tue big prize that is to have their season ended even though they were second place. Tom Chavez is very qualified to be a head coach but IMO does not have the administration part down. As a result BISD is looking to fill in for a new AD since Chavez was the interm. The board is looking for a replacement and will vote for a new AD and is none other than drumroll..... Gilberto Leal. Yes that Leal that didnt win at South that Leal that had a small but big problem with the law and current Greyhounds OC. What an evemtful turn this turns out to be. I dont know why Leal would be a choice but keep hearing that he was hand picked by good ole Joe Rodriguez. Hearing he might be another puppet to his will. Is this true not sure but that is the word on the street. Puro politics and in the end kids end up getting hurt. Board politics at its best. Im pretty sure another district east of the brownsville district know what it feels to have board politics ruin a tradition that can still be salvaged. The only good news for bisd is one of the finaliat for Lopez is Tony Villareal. Come back home Tony and ad to 200 you have. Your thoughts?
    Last edited by BFC; 05-13-2018 at 05:41 PM.

  2. #2
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,607

    Default

    Would Tony even consider the AD position for Brownsville ISD considering all of the politics involved?

  3. #3

    Default

    He's talking about Tony as the HC at Lopez.

    As for Leal as AD, he's going to be no more than Joe Rodriguez's Michael Cohen (the fixer). Leal's number one job will most likely be to ensure that Rodriguez and his associates get all the athletic department equipment contracts (scoreboards and artificial turf renovations too). And the student athletes will get thrown under the old yellow school bus again. That BISD budget is north of half a billion dollars annually. Hard to keep old Coach Joe and the ants away from the sugar.

  4. #4
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    He's talking about Tony as the HC at Lopez.

    As for Leal as AD, he's going to be no more than Joe Rodriguez's Michael Cohen (the fixer). Leal's number one job will most likely be to ensure that Rodriguez and his associates get all the athletic department equipment contracts (scoreboards and artificial turf renovations too). And the student athletes will get thrown under the old yellow school bus again. That BISD budget is north of half a billion dollars annually. Hard to keep old Coach Joe and the ants away from the sugar.
    You're right, my bad. I misread BFC's post. Thought he was saying for Tony to apply for the AD position if he didn't land the Lopez job.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,443

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    BISD cld look at former Coach Paula Gonzalez, she is familiar with BISD. Jst sayin....

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    BISD cld look at former Coach Paula Gonzalez, she is familiar with BISD. Jst sayin....

  7. #7
    Premium
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    RGV
    Posts
    7,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Brownsville Rivera baseball team was good enough to make playoffs this year. But they did not make it due to being eliminated by UIL after paperwork issues. Rivera had plenty of warnings from other AD from the valley especially from their own district. All this snafu is on the baseball coach for using a player not cleared even though he lives in the Rivera zone but was a transfer. The coach failed to file after repeated reminders. But not all is on the coach as the principal was notified along with the AD. The AD happens to be good old Tom Chavez. He also did nothing to correct this issue. Because of this the other kids had to pay tue big prize that is to have their season ended even though they were second place. Tom Chavez is very qualified to be a head coach but IMO does not have the administration part down. As a result BISD is looking to fill in for a new AD since Chavez was the interm. The board is looking for a replacement and will vote for a new AD and is none other than drumroll..... Gilberto Leal. Yes that Leal that didnt win at South that Leal that had a small but big problem with the law and current Greyhounds OC. What an evemtful turn this turns out to be. I dont know why Leal would be a choice but keep hearing that he was hand picked by good ole Joe Rodriguez. Hearing he might be another puppet to his will. Is this true not sure but that is the word on the street. Puro politics and in the end kids end up getting hurt. Board politics at its best. Im pretty sure another district east of the brownsville district know what it feels to have board politics ruin a tradition that can still be salvaged. The only good news for bisd is one of the finaliat for Lopez is Tony Villareal. Come back home Tony and ad to 200 you have. Your thoughts?
    I understand you want him to sound as awful as possible...but cmon

    You forgot to mention:

    The DWI was dropped
    He was successful or is succesful at Harlingen, San Benito, Mercedes

    I get it you have to make it sound terrible for BISD which is all well and good but keep it to the LOCALS doing this not somebody from the outside who may or may not accept a job in the future...

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,043

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
    I understand you want him to sound as awful as possible...but cmon

    You forgot to mention:

    The DWI was dropped
    He was successful or is succesful at Harlingen, San Benito, Mercedes

    I get it you have to make it sound terrible for BISD which is all well and good but keep it to the LOCALS doing this not somebody from the outside who may or may not accept a job in the future...
    I see where you can see why it may be dismissing Leal off the bat but my intention was more about Joe Rodriguez than Gilbert Leal. Ole Joe will pull his strings that is a given. Leal was good at Mercedes cant deny that. He is a good coordinator at San Benito but IMO coach Gomez is a big reason for the success there. Where he was a flop was at South where he was 2 and 18 his 2 full seasons. Just remember where there is ashes there was fire.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
    I understand you want him to sound as awful as possible...but cmon

    You forgot to mention:

    The DWI was dropped
    He was successful or is succesful at Harlingen, San Benito, Mercedes
    Everyone posting here is entitled to their view and opinion. But can someone please explain to me in the most elementary terms how the following record as HEAD COACH at Harlingen South even remotely borders on the most liberal definition of "successful":

    2009 - 0-10
    2010 - 1- 9
    2011 - 2- 8

    Three year LOSS RATIO = 90%

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    BISD can always send Coach Guess back to the AD position
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,043

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    BISD can always send Coach Guess back to the AD position
    Wont happen as coach Guess missed the sidelines plus he wasnt very popular with the crooked clan and he is very well embraced at Hanna right now. BISD will never learn and will always be the same compadre titere system. The more things change the more they stay the same.

  12. #12
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,443

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Jst saw Carl Padilla congratulating Coach Leal on the AD job. Guess it’s a done deal?

  13. #13
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlingen
    Posts
    1,682

    Default

    Leal is a good oc, but as a head coach no,much less ad. What will this do to SB ?

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Jst saw Carl Padilla congratulating Coach Leal on the AD job. Guess itís a done deal?
    Seems you missed BFC's introductory post in this thread. In pertinent part it reads:

    "... As a result BISD is looking to fill in for a new AD since Chavez was the interm. The board is looking for a replacement and will vote for a new AD and is none other than drumroll..... Gilberto Leal. Yes that Leal that didnt win at South that Leal that had a small but big problem with the law and current Greyhounds OC. What an evemtful turn this turns out to be. I dont know why Leal would be a choice but keep hearing that he was hand picked by good ole Joe Rodriguez. Hearing he might be another puppet to his will...."

    It's been a done deal for awhile. A new puppet for the old puppet master.

  15. #15
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,607

    Default

    Wow, I thought Joe Rodriguez was long-since retired? Had no idea he was still a player in Brownsville politics because, you know.....retirement?

  16. #16

    Default

    Blogger reporting from BISD school board meeting:

    http://rrunrrun.blogspot.com/2018/05...ard-lives.html

  17. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,443

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Seems you missed BFC's introductory post in this thread. In pertinent part it reads:

    "... As a result BISD is looking to fill in for a new AD since Chavez was the interm. The board is looking for a replacement and will vote for a new AD and is none other than drumroll..... Gilberto Leal. Yes that Leal that didnt win at South that Leal that had a small but big problem with the law and current Greyhounds OC. What an evemtful turn this turns out to be. I dont know why Leal would be a choice but keep hearing that he was hand picked by good ole Joe Rodriguez. Hearing he might be another puppet to his will...."

    It's been a done deal for awhile. A new puppet for the old puppet master.
    Didn’t miss the original post, just posted a reliable outlet was congratulating him on the he job. Geez....

  18. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,043

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Blogger reporting from BISD school board meeting:

    http://rrunrrun.blogspot.com/2018/05...ard-lives.html
    Yup a big board meeting for BISD. Maybe big news was sent to the puppet master Rodriguez. Also big news just like a commentor posted was the situation with Lopez AD. Valley Night Lights you are well informed and very well articulated. May I ask what your Alma Mater is at the University Level.

  19. #19
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,043

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Wow, I thought Joe Rodriguez was long-since retired? Had no idea he was still a player in Brownsville politics because, you know.....retirement?
    OMG that man really makes things as crooked as they can be while trying to appear as a straight arrow. Was he ever a service to BISD yes he has. He has been a big figure who has done many good things. Yet we live for today and it is string pulling at its finest with greed and monetary beneficial rewards in mind.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Everyone posting here is entitled to their view and opinion. But can someone please explain to me in the most elementary terms how the following record as HEAD COACH at Harlingen South even remotely borders on the most liberal definition of "successful":

    2009 - 0-10
    2010 - 1- 9
    2011 - 2- 8

    Three year LOSS RATIO = 90%
    People just say crap and don't know what they are talking about. You found great example.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •