Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UTRGV Football

Hall of Famer

Start as a DII, I could see that.
    Remember if a coach is successful here the big boys would scoop him up asap and we would be back to square one.
    Also UTRGV/UTPan Am/Pan Am admin has never shown any type of support or success in athletics what makes anyone think they start now.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nightrain34 View Post
    Remember if a coach is successful here the big boys would scoop him up asap and we would be back to square one.
    Also UTRGV/UTPan Am/Pan Am admin has never shown any type of support or success in athletics what makes anyone think they start now.
    That's where the culture will need to change the most. They'll need to get onboard and put their agendas a side.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter

This again is why it will never succeed. The mentality is all Hidalgo County. Todo para aca nada para alla. Only when it is truly convinient will the other half use this half of UTRGV. UTB realistically in years was doom to be in serious economic trouble no doubt about it but Pan Am needed UTB to fulfill UTRGV. All started with a simple fight slash discussion of what should the mascot be. Of course the movement was we need to save Bucky the Bronc. All this petition started by Alex Del Barrio. There is when we should have noticed that the division was there. Will UTRGV be one...sure after this generation is gone. Then maybe football might be a possibility but till then enjoy high school football.

Parallel UTRGV football thread in a WAC Athletics forum:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-848708-post-15266100.html

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Parallel UTRGV football thread in a WAC Athletics forum:

https://csnbbs.com/thread-848708-post-15266100.html
    Interesting stuff.... from my sources Vackar nor Cantu are involved in the potential donation for stadium. That is all....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Interesting stuff.... from my sources Vackar nor Cantu are involved in the potential donation for stadium. That is all....
    I don't think anyone said anything about a donation......

I don't think anyone said anything about a donation......
    You got that right! Read posts #19 and #13 in this thread lmoya. The unfortunate irony is your sources are correct. That is all.

Don't believe the RGV is ready for college football. Best players in the valley go north to bigger established programs. Valley is not like UTSA which draws recruits from all around SNA and vicinity. Don't think that the better players from north of the valley would play or move to the valley when they will have more attractive offers from established schools. Just don't think that a college football program in the RGV would get the community fan base and attendance necessary for it to survive.

Feasibility report due to be released this week. Well it's COB Thursday and nothing yet. Oh wait, finals exams start tomorrow and run through next week; and, summer break follows that.

GAME PLAN: Wait until final exams begin to release the study, put a 30-60 day window for student comment after the study's release, push the students out the doors for summer break, and miraculously point out there is no student objection to the study. UTRGV should offer a course called Principles of Upper Tier Hidalgo County Politics 101.

Looks like it takes less time to earn a Bachelor's Degree at UTRGV than it takes to do a straight forward football program feasibility report. Only thing I can think of is Cantu wanted to re-edit his previous edits.

According to the report at the below link, its been complete for awhile:

http://riograndeguardian.com/anderso...o-be-released/

Perhaps a Texas Open Records Request is in order.

Immortal

I would go. I used to go see 4 A&I games a year. I would definitely go see the Vaqueros.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

What does everybody think about UTRGV administrators failing to release results of the football feasibility study which reportedly was complete over three months ago and has taken 2 1/2 years since started?

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    What does everybody think about UTRGV administrators failing to release results of the football feasibility study which reportedly was complete over three months ago and has taken 2 1/2 years since started?
    I think the administrators want it, but the study said no.

UTRGV Football Feasibility Study completed 12 months ago and they were forced to release it by an Open Records Act Request by McAllen Monitor Sports Writer Greg Luca. UTRGV pointmen are really avoiding discussing particulars with the press. Reasons given for non action don't pass the smell test.

Here's the (now outdated) feasibility study for those who want to view it.

https://www.themonitor.com/sports/ut...90d264636.html
    Last edited by Valley Night Lights; 08-09-2018 at 11:38 AM.

Thread Information