Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

Default RGV Sportís Final Top Ten

From a Harlingenís fans perspective, it looks off having Edinburg North and Pace ahead considering Harlingen beat both.

A little surprised that Santa Rosa didnít make the top ten...

Pfft, looked up Vela and they weren’t very impressive, especially at 19-15.

1. Los Fresnos 31-7 1
    2. McAllen Rowe 24-9 2
    3. Edinburg Vela 19-15 3
    4. Brownsville Pace 28-9 4
    5. Edinburg North 25-12 5
    6. Harlingen High 30-11 6
    7. McAllen Memorial 25-10 7
    8. Hidalgo 25-11 8
    9. Rio Grande City 24-10 9
    10. Edinburg High 26-11 NR

This list by the Herald?

Here is my top 10

1) Los Fresnos
    2) Harlingen High
    3) Brownsville Pace
    4) McAllen Rowe
    5) Edinburg North
    6) Santa Rosa
    7) McAllen Memorial
    8) Weslaco High
    9) Edinburg Vela
    10) Hidalgo/Edinburg Economedes

There is my TOP 10.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by laratadedospatas View Post
    Here is my top 10

1) Los Fresnos
    2) Harlingen High
    3) Brownsville Pace
    4) McAllen Rowe
    5) Edinburg North
    6) Santa Rosa
    7) McAllen Memorial
    8) Weslaco High
    9) Edinburg Vela
    10) Hidalgo/Edinburg Economedes

There is my TOP 10.

Hidalgo???....they lost in the 1st round of the playoffs......PI made it to the 3rd round with a bunch of sophomores and a couple of jrs and couldn't crack the valleys top 10....lmao!
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Hidalgo and or Edinburg Economedes

Both those teams are better than Port Isabel. Yes Port Isabel did get to the third round but that does not necessarily mean they are better than both those teams. Hidaldo beat Port Isabel not once, but twice in district.

Again this is just my opinion. You are more than welcome to do your won top 10.

Here I can even do it for you since you think PI is better and should be included in the top 10 because they got to the 3rd round. So I get it, the further you go the better you ranking.

1) Santa Rosa
    2) Port Isabel
    3) San Perlita

Are you kidding me!!!??

Come on now. LOL. No disrespect to any of those teams but they will struggle with most bigger schools. Santa Rosa is the only one that "I" think belongs in the top 10. They won their district, they did get to the state tournament, they did play very well when they played bigger schools here in the valley and they do have a couple of stand out players. One of them can start for just about anyone in the valley and that is AB.

So in my opinion, the top 10 I posted is what i think it should have been.

Really curious to see yours.

Post it please.........

Santa Rosa should be at the top of the list! HARLINGEN high made it to the 3rd round minus their top player and are ranked 6.
    (Last 6a team in the playoffs)Yet you have Rowe(bounced 1st rd), Edinburg north(HARLINGEN beat them by 20) a head of them. That's a terrible top 10 in my opinio.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    From a Harlingen’s fans perspective, it looks off having Edinburg North and Pace ahead considering Harlingen beat both.

A little surprised that Santa Rosa didn’t make the top ten...
    HARLINGEN would have had Arellano they would have made it to the 4th round. The team was finally hitting their stride but injuries are part of the game but they deserved to be a top three team and end of the year.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    HARLINGEN would have had Arellano they would have made it to the 4th round. The team was finally hitting their stride but injuries are part of the game but they deserved to be a top three team and end of the year.
    You seem to be pretty sure of that! Alexander had Pena playing injured in the game and had beaten Harlingen earlier in the year down at a Valley tournament. Also, Alexander had just beaten the "Top Team" from the Valley, Los Fresnos, and had 2 of its district mates playing for the other spot (South San and Del Rio) in the regional tournament. Just pointing out some facts that challenge your assertions!

Quote Originally Posted by lrdohmr View Post
    You seem to be pretty sure of that! Alexander had Pena playing injured in the game and had beaten Harlingen earlier in the year down at a Valley tournament. Also, Alexander had just beaten the "Top Team" from the Valley, Los Fresnos, and had 2 of its district mates playing for the other spot (South San and Del Rio) in the regional tournament. Just pointing out some facts that challenge your assertions!
    You got a valid point but come on you lose your best player and still able to compete that says a lot about your team. (Hard to replace 20pg) In that valley tournament should have gone into ot but a lane violation gave Alexander that win.

Heard Luna from Rowe transfered to Lajoya palmview ��

Thread Information