Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1

    Default 2018 Raymondville Bearkats

    Here's the schedule. Only 9 games.

    Aug 17 (scrim) La Joya HOME
    Aug 23 (scrim) TBA TBA

    Aug 31 La Feria AWAY
    Sept 7 La Grulla HOME
    Sept 14 Lyford HOME
    Sept 21 St. Joe AWAY
    Sept 28 Kingsville HOME
    Oct 6 Orange Grove AWAY
    Oct 12 OPEN
    Oct 19 *Rio Hondo HOME
    Oct 26 *PI HOME
    Nov 2 *Progreso AWAY
    Nov 9 OPEN
    BEARKAT BROTHERHOOD NEVER DIES!!!

  2. #2
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool2202 View Post
    Here's the schedule. Only 9 games.

    Aug 17 (scrim) La Joya HOME
    Aug 23 (scrim) TBA TBA

    Aug 31 La Feria AWAY
    Sept 7 La Grulla HOME
    Sept 14 Lyford HOME
    Sept 21 St. Joe AWAY
    Sept 28 Kingsville HOME
    Oct 6 Orange Grove AWAY
    Oct 12 OPEN
    Oct 19 *Rio Hondo HOME
    Oct 26 *PI HOME
    Nov 2 *Progreso AWAY
    Nov 9 OPEN
    It's too bad no one in D16 was able to schedule 10 games. Should have gone with a double round-robin setup. Each team in the district plays each other twice (Home & Away) which makes 6 games. Then only 4 non-district games would need to be filled which would be much more manageable.

  3. #3
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    It's too bad no one in D16 was able to schedule 10 games. Should have gone with a double round-robin setup. Each team in the district plays each other twice (Home & Away) which makes 6 games. Then only 4 non-district games would need to be filled which would be much more manageable.
    I know it happened back in '92 or '93 i believe the old 32-3A played one district opponent twice.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  4. #4
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    I know it happened back in '92 or '93 i believe the old 32-3A played one district opponent twice.
    I remember that. IIRC, those were the two seasons PI played the Weslaco High JV team.

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Calallen
    Posts
    5,719

    My Social Networking

    Follow SintonFan_inAustin On Twitter
    Visit SintonFan_inAustin's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Seniors this season, remember seeing them as freshmen, they had a good group in this class. Is the qb still still playing from that group he had some speed like the rb Capetllo. sp?

  6. #6
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Seniors this season, remember seeing them as freshmen, they had a good group in this class. Is the qb still still playing from that group he had some speed like the rb Capetllo. sp?
    Yeah, I believe the kid will be a Sr. this season. Don't be too surprised if Raymondville ends up winning the district with this Sr. group. I'm not too sure what Rio Hondo is bringing back.

  7. #7
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Yeah, I believe the kid will be a Sr. this season. Don't be too surprised if Raymondville ends up winning the district with this Sr. group. I'm not too sure what Rio Hondo is bringing back.
    I don't disagree with your take on Ray, they got a solid bunch over there coming back. I think their main issue has been beating themselves with offensive miscues.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  8. #8

    Default

    Rio Hondo's defense was young this past season and they did very well.

    They'll have enough skill players to get the job done, but it will come down to how Ortega does at QB and the play of the OL (most graduate, but the backups got playing time).

    Rio Hondo should be the favorite to win district again.

  9. #9
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Rio Hondo's defense was young this past season and they did very well.

    They'll have enough skill players to get the job done, but it will come down to how Ortega does at QB and the play of the OL (most graduate, but the backups got playing time).

    Rio Hondo should be the favorite to win district again.
    I don't know....I watched a Slot-T team drop 71 on Rio Hondo in person last season. I was told by Alaniz Rio Hondo returns 5 off. and 5 def. So there were 7 Srs. on a defense that got run over by a Slot-T freight train......at this point I'd give the edge to Raymondville. Sure Rio Hondo can move the ball offensively, but if their defense can't stop anyone (hell, they gave up 27 to an extremely weak Port Isabel Tarpon team) the Bobcats won't go very far. Again, I give the edge to Raymondville for winning the district.
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 03-08-2018 at 02:47 AM.

  10. #10

    Default

    5 + 7= 12
    Anyways, one game vs. BSF in the third round (the type of offense didn’t matter at this point) isn’t going to define what RH will do during district.
    Young means inexperienced at the varsity level which equates to points given up.

  11. #11
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    5 + 7= 12
    Anyways, one game vs. BSF in the third round (the type of offense didn’t matter at this point) isn’t going to define what RH will do during district.
    Young means inexperienced at the varsity level which equates to points given up.
    A fellow scholar I see. Let's dive into relativity and probability shall we?
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  12. #12

    Default

    RH has the capability, of who they have coming up, to reload.

    The incoming Seniors have been largely dominate since junior high.

  13. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,410

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

  14. #14
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    5 + 7= 12
    Anyways, one game vs. BSF in the third round (the type of offense didn’t matter at this point) isn’t going to define what RH will do during district.
    Young means inexperienced at the varsity level which equates to points given up.
    Give me a break. Look at the time I posted that. Insomnia is not a kind creature.

    As for "BSF", that's just an excuse.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Give me a break. Look at the time I posted that. Insomnia is not a kind creature.

    As for "BSF", that's just an excuse.
    That’s not an excuse, that’s a reality.

    Again, that playoff game vs. BSF isn’t going to define the Bobcats play during district.

  16. #16
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,410

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Who will be the Qb this coming season for Raymondville?

  17. #17

    Default

    More than likely Jake Posas. He was a stud defensive player last year. There are other options though. Going with the safe choice here. lol
    BEARKAT BROTHERHOOD NEVER DIES!!!

  18. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,410

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool2202 View Post
    More than likely Jake Posas. He was a stud defensive player last year. There are other options though. Going with the safe choice here. lol

    Gotcha, wish y’all well. There is talent there.

  19. #19
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool2202 View Post
    More than likely Jake Posas. He was a stud defensive player last year. There are other options though. Going with the safe choice here. lol
    What other options?
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  20. #20
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,159

    Default

    Raymondville won't need to cross the 50 yd line to put up points. Heard Saul Garcia hit a 65 yd field goal up in Corpus at the SoTx Showcase.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •