Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    6,122

    Default Port Isabel Tarpon Basketball 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by osprey fishing View Post
    Forget football!!!!!!!!!.PI IS OFFICIALLY A BASKETBALL TOWN!!!will be making its 1st appearance in the 3rd round in PI basketball history this coming tues vs Somerset....and the word is that they have a chance to win this game as well....14 players in the rooster and only have I think 2 maybe 3 seniors
    Maybe start this in the Basketball thread. Good to hear something is up for the Tarpons. Don't know much about it. Who are the stars etc.?? I will start it in the Basketball thread.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Ok football is dead the only positive in PI is that basketball has risen from the dead....lots of guys coming back from this 3rd round playoff team which if you go by success is the best PI has ever had
    Last edited by osprey fishing; 02-28-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

  3. #3
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    This team was not better than the 89-90 team

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Again if teams are judged by how the performed in the playoffs no your 89-90 team is at best in 2nd place
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

  5. #5
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by osprey fishing View Post
    Again if teams are judged by how the performed in the playoffs no your 89-90 team is at best in 2nd place
    You need to look also how the playoffs where not watered down in those days, not the same very good run couldn't be happier for them especially the seniors.
    The 98 team was better also
    So I put them in the top 5,
    Only 2 teams made it back then so the competition
    Just like in football was much stiffer right out the gate

  6. #6
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    You could thank Polo Sanchez for starting an AAU basketball program in P.I. These varsity players were one of his first squads he coached. By the way does P.I still have peewee football? I know the Little League baseball program is hanging on by a thread. It starts with the little ones.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RipTide11 View Post
    You could thank Polo Sanchez for starting an AAU basketball program in P.I. These varsity players were one of his first squads he coached. By the way does P.I still have peewee football? I know the Little League baseball program is hanging on by a thread. It starts with the little ones.
    Itís travel team ball AAU is a whole different animal.

  8. #8
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Itís travel team ball AAU is a whole different animal.

    Select team, Travel team, whatever you want to call it. Basketball program for the younger ones.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •