Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Varsity

ok Truffles pump your brakes...I don't think it's so much that people are stuck on that freshmen are playing on Varsity, it's more of the obvious that there are players at the JV level that are more experienced and more capable of contributing to the team. This is not poking but it is a fact that we have seen since the beginning that the freshmen are not ready to compete at this level. That is not being mean but I'm quite sure that the people that sit on the stands will agree on this. Some of these parents are not letting the Head Coach make these decisions that should be entirely his to make. No parent interference, no parents calling and/or texting people with influence to sway decisions on who should be on the team. "Some will play and some will not. Let it be! Move on and find something else to gripe about" is exactly why we should not let it be and move on because it's absolutely wrong, we need to bring light to this matter and remove the toxic people that are allowing this to happen. Changes should be made, not left alone...

Junior Varsity

Sneekypete, we can agree to disagree on some things. I don't think the integrity of this softball program is bringing the program down but I think it's the people outside the dugout who are keeping the program down with their selfish actions/demands (My daughter should be on Varsity, my daughter plays Select Ball, why is my daughter not playing, etc). This softball team will never reach it's full potential as long as we have parents trying to coach and manage this team while sitting on the bleachers...

Junior Varsity

Wizard I do agree with you 100% the coach should be left alone to make decisions that are best for the team. Discipline should fit the crime. Waiting to see what will happens in tomorrow’s game. God Bless You All

Junior Varsity

Wizard I do agree with you 100% the coach should be left alone to make decisions that are best for the team. Discipline should fit the crime. Waiting to see what will happens in tomorrow’s game. God Bless You All

Junior Varsity

Wizard, you might be right! It may not be that it's the newcomers that are taking the positions, it's that the positions are being taken.
    I would agree if I would saw any coach playing favorites. It appears that he's playing the ones he believes are best qualified. The Coach has moved players around to make adjustments. What I'm trying to say is when the opportunity is given, capitalize and prove you belong in that position! OWN IT! In my opinion, there is 1 maybe two positions up for grabs but no takers!

Junior Varsity

Default Lady Wolverines Awaiting Friday's Showdown . . .

A friend of mine asked me to check this site out and give my thoughts considering I'm a huge softball fan and I happened to be at the game last night cheering on. Here are my thoughts whether you like it or not...

The Wolverines looked lazy and not focused or prepared. Their starting pitcher is talented no doubt but word is this young athlete participated in a track meet earlier in the day. If there is any truth to this, what a shame for this being allowed. If the coach allowed it, extremely poor judgment, if a track coach encouraged this knowing the importance of this game, I'd be questioning his/her loyalty to the program. It's almost a form of sabotage. As good as this young girl is at softball and her potential to only become 10x better makes this almost criminal. I hope this is addressed properly because you're putting this athlete at risk unnecessarily which could ultimately lead to injury and poor performance as witnessed last night. Turn the page...

After reading all the previous comments about freshmen and whether they deserve to be on Varsity or not and witnessing 5 errors from a position in the infield I think just solidifies some of the previous comments made. I'm not to sure how many freshmen actually batted but the two hard hits that were made I can say were not by freshmen.

As for the comments that were talked about from a freshman parent being made on FB, it seems like this parent really took comments made personal because as of now NO ONE has come out and singled any freshman by name except this parent. My friend and I are actually kind of fond by the comments made by Wizard because they seem to be spot on and not sugar coated. I sure hope these young ladies get it together soon or this has the potential to be a very short season...
    Last edited by BettyBoop; 03-24-2018 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BettyBoop View Post
    A friend of mine asked me to check this site out and give my thoughts considering I'm a huge softball fan and I happened to be at the game last night cheering on. Here are my thoughts whether you like it or not...

The Wolverines looked lazy and not focused or prepared. Their starting pitcher is talented no doubt but word is this young athlete participated in a track meet earlier in the day. If there is any truth to this, what a shame for this being allowed. If the coach allowed it, extremely poor judgment, if a track coach encouraged this knowing the importance of this game, I'd be questioning his/her loyalty to the program. It's almost a form of sabotage. As good as this young girl is at softball and her potential to only become 10x better makes this almost criminal. I hope this is addressed properly because you're putting this athlete at risk unnecessarily which could ultimately lead to injury and poor performance as witnessed last night. Turn the page...

After reading all the previous comments about freshmen and whether they deserve to be on Varsity or not and witnessing 5 errors from a position in the infield I think just solidifies some of the previous comments made. I'm not to sure how many freshmen actually batted but the two hard hits that were made I can say were not by freshmen.

As for the comments that were talked about from a freshman parent being made on FB, it seems like this parent really took comments made personal because as of now NO ONE has come out and singled any freshman by name except this parent. My friend and I are actually kind of fond by the comments made by Wizard because they seem to be spot on and not sugar coated. I sure hope these young ladies get it together soon or this has the potential to be a very short season...
    HAHAHA, really?

Junior Varsity

What a joke? Someone actually asked you-Bettyboop to look into this site to give feedback? Purely entertainment for sure! I would not ask other people to add to this mayhem. Surely, no one takes one word seriously??? These are opinions with some truth but Those truths should be left on the field not in a place of ridicule. They should not be someone else's reading pleasure.

I venture to say that a most of the people commenting are parents and or close relatives. Don't forget that Your girls play together day in and day out. Maybe, just maybe you are contributing to the problem.

Hmmmm?

My recommendation is let it go.. Stop commenting and encourage the girls to do better.

All teams have their challenges. As all teams have their issues. Again, leave them out of the media.

Hall of Famer

This coach does not believe in using the JV to build for the future and/or support the varsity. They don't even practice together, the jv practices on the cow pasture next to the Varsity field and never interacts with the varsity. The 4 years I have been watching the program I have never seen JV players move up and down, if you are sent to JV might as well be Siberia. If you are sent to JV as a freshman you will never make Varsity.
    There a couple of jv girls that can help the varsity (and are better than some of the 9th graders, can I say that or am I being mean?) but he does not/will not do it.

Hall of Famer

8-0 baby, great game vs Bobcats. 1B player crushed a 3 run homer vs bobcat pitcher (UTSA commit, I think). Great game by wolverine pitcher. Vela next.

Hall of Famer

Vela 6- Wolves 4, same ole same ole. Coach make some changes, all you need is 1 or 2 not overhaul.
    Take off those rose colored glasses.
    Last year 1-5 vs big 3 (ehs, enhs, vela)
    2018 1-4 vs big 3 (enhs next)
    Just look at the score book (offensively & defensively), its all there.

Junior Varsity

Whoa whoa Truffles, where are you, perfect time to chime in on nightrain34 comments? Nightrain34, you do have some valid points and I agree with you on some items. However, I can't lie and say that there are freshmen on this team who are ready to play on the Varsity level period. The SS which has lots of errors, it's in the book as you stated, and the rest of them need to move down. Coach needs to move some of the JV girls up who will and can actually help the TEAM. I heard the freshmen that played left field who has trouble fielding the ball and throwing didn't even get an at bat, hence the DH. Their ace pitcher looked tired and wears down easily. Is the coach working them to hard in between games or is she still doing other activities? These girls cant be trying to pin their losses on certain players in certain positions because unfortunately, they are a team and there was errors everywhere...

Junior Varsity

What can I say? What is evident is that these girls have the ability to compete. There will be games in which not all come out and play in the same capacity. This is not a select team therefore, girls are pre selected Kuddos for that big win against Bobcats! Wolverines have the ability to compete with any good team.
    Last edited by Truffles; 04-14-2018 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Misspelled word

Hall of Famer

Tomorrow night is a big night will the wolverines pull off the upset over enhs and try to get a 3rd seed? Does not really matter cause 32-6a has a 3 headed monster over there, so the 3 and 4 seed in our district will play a buzz saw either way.
    In the playoffs it's all about coaching (usually) and our fearless leader is usually on the short (pun intended) end of the stick.

Hall of Famer

Great win 2-0 over ENHS, wolves will probably get the 3rd seed and play either Wesloco or HSHS. First, kudos to pitcher for wolves who kept the enhs hitters off balance all night she also hit a 2b with a rbi. Good "D" by 3b & SS. And congrats to wolves coach.

Hall of Famer

Great series vs HSHS, but as I predicted it came down to coaching or those little decisions that impact the game. Like I predicted, out in the first round.

Junior Varsity

Nightrain, why am I not surprised you would say something like this? If you want to talk about coaching decisions then let's go...yes where the coach messed up was when he played the one athlete that decided to leave her team during playoffs to go run, that was a major impact to the team. Even though the team won WITHOUT HER the day she was gone, that was a poor choice from her and for what, did she place where she went and did she do anything spectacular when she came back to play? I understand the coaches reasoning for that move: #1-if she doesn't play then parents are just going to go cry as they have been from the get go. #2-who did he have to fill the outfield? IF the girls had less errors like when the SS bobbled the ball for a forced out and better at bats then maybe they could've won the game because there were some girls who did absolutely nothing when batting in all the 3 games, didn't even get on base on a walk, let's not make any EXCUSES for them. The coach did a great job this season but everyone has to remember and most will agree that when the parents are pulling the strings, there is only so much he can do...

Hall of Famer

1. I pretty much agree with you.
    2. Go back to the 2 losses what led to the all the runs? Game 3, what decisions were made or not made that led to the loss? It's all in the score book, what was done and more importantly what should have been done. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Hall of Famer

It all comes down to the players, they do the hitting, batting, throwing, running, the coach is just there to lead the team, girls should be ready to play when they come in to hi school. Parents and family members are the best coaches.

Junior Varsity

Well as the season has come to an end Wizard is sending his final comments and thoughts until next season. It sounds like the Lady Wolverines had a good season overall despite the drama that surrounded the team all season. Now to all the parents who seem to know it all, my advice to you is, be their number one fan! Let the coach and staff do their jobs. If you think your player should be playing more then they need to come out next year with great attitude and effort. All of you that keep talking about "my kid plays select ball" so she must be a starter, she must be good enough to play Varsity Softball need to wake and smell the coffee. Most of the select softball coaches out there do not teach mechanics, fundamentals and IQ of the game. They merely coach girls and look for girls that are better than others. From what I understand, all these girls play select ball, my question to you parents is, Why are their mechanics and IQ so poor as witnessed by all on this forum and on the field? To the Coach, you did a great job despite all the drama however I have a suggestion...put all of this years freshmen on JV next year minus the ones who showed they can contribute to the team, make them EARN their playing time at the varsity level. There were girls on the JV team this year that could've done more for the team than most of the freshmen that played this year, that is a fact! DO NOT let parents or anyone else force you to play girls who are not ready...UNTIL NEXT YEAR, WIZARD SIGNING OFF

Thread Information