Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Coastal Bend 2018

I was gonna start an Alice thread but there's some randoms in here from the Coastal Bend so this makes more sense.

Alice has Alexander, Kingsville and Rockport for it's non-district schedule (I don't like it. None of those teams make us better)...

Our district schedule will include Calallen, Tuloso-Midway, Gregory-Portland, San Antonio Southside, Floresville, Somerset and Port Lavaca Cahloun.

Platinum

I have a feeling PLC is gonna be good

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow SintonFan_inAustin On Twitter
    Visit SintonFan_inAustin's Youtube Channel

Sinton has Miller in Wk 2. Sinton still looking for Wk 3 opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I have a feeling PLC is gonna be good
    Triple-Option is a pain in the butt to defend especially when you have big linemen like PLC does.

Legend

My Social Networking

Sinton

Wk 1 La Vernia
    Wk 2 CC Miller
    Wk 3 ???
    Wk 4 Beeville
    Wk 5 Yoakum
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 02-01-2018 at 04:57 PM.

hola valley amigos , its been awhile

Hall of Famer

Calallen has San Benny, Flour Bluff and Needville for non district.

Legend

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Sinton

Wk 1 La Vernia
    Wk 2 CC Miller
    Wk 3 ???
    Wk 4 Beeville
    Wk 5 Yoakum

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post

Damn got stuck with Progresso? Miller will have a good deal of talent coming back. Their QB was only a freshman. Their best and biggest lineman was only a freshman. That 15" tall WR they had was only a freshman.

Legend

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Damn got stuck with Progresso? Miller will have a good deal of talent coming back. Their QB was only a freshman. Their best and biggest lineman was only a freshman. That 15" tall WR they had was only a freshman.
    Should be a good test early for Sinton, they had i think 21 seniors last season out of 36 players, normally have around 45 in varsity. Sinton will start a qb with no varsity experience as a starter so could be a rough start.

Key player coming back

A player from the 2008 team gave me a DVD with his plays so I could make a highlight video for him. If anyone wants something like this done just let me know. Can be player or team highlights and it doesn't have to be Alice. I'll do anybody... unless A.I.S.D. wants to create a Videographer position for the Athletic Department and put me on payroll :-) then there's no reason for my YouTube page to be Alice exclusive. I'm changing the name of it eventually.

Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 04-10-2018 at 08:22 PM.

Will Alice win state this season going 16-0? Or will they take a loss on their way to the state title?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Will Alice win state this season going 16-0? Or will they take a loss on their way to the state title?
    Alice will miss the post season after being eliminated by the eventual district champion Somerset Bulldogs on their road to a state title.

A lot of the players we are losing are being replaced by younger kids that are gonna eventually be better. They are more talented. As crazy as it may sound being that we lost so many seniors I think Alice will be better in 2018.

Legend

My Social Networking

Brett Brown, Brandon Gonzales and Devyn Orta starters as sophomores in 2016 on defense all 3 didnt play following season. Brown went to Baseball only, Gonzales transfer to Victoria West and Orta transfered to Alice. Gonzales has transfered back and hearing possibly Brown playing his sr season as qb. Orta will lead the Coyotes as their qb next season.

Brandon Gonzales last season at Victoria West

Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 05-07-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Legend

My Social Networking

Looks like Sinton was able to find a game for their original open week and now shows them playing Bruni pct 5th Week 6. Not sure if it's consider coastal bend team, valley team or Laredo team its pretty much on border of those areas.

Think they're 2a and guessing a team that passes the ball alot if i recall some of their highlights from years past.
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 05-07-2018 at 06:13 PM.

Someone on the Texxas5a forum is asking the G-P fans if they heard anything about Austin Ochoa choosing to only play baseball. I wonder if there's any truth to the rumor.

MVP

[QUOTE=SintonFan_inAustin;880392]Looks like Sinton was able to find a game for their original open week and now shows them playing Bruni pct 5th Week 6. Not sure if it's consider coastal bend team, valley team or Laredo team its pretty much on border of those areas.

Bruni is in Webb Co. So that would be Laredo area. The Valley consists of Cameron, Hidalgo, Willacy & Starr counties.
    Last edited by Mer-Tex Tiger; 05-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.

Rockport returns their entire team, Beeville has tremendous speed, Sinton will be very tough and they have a great head coach and tons of kids. In addition, they run the ball a lot in the Coastal Bend area

Legend

My Social Networking

Beeville stayed D1, good to see Rockport back in D2. Sinton handle RF run offense well past several seasons might be harder this season with some new faces on D. Orange Grove and West Oso in district also with Ingleside and Robstown. Softer district compare to previous years.

Thread Information