Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: 16-5A D1

  1. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    "We were missing five starters" David Gilpin.... I guess that loss to Sharyland had NOTHING to do with Landry tossing 2 INTS and Sharyland shutting that Vets Offense down the entire 1st half... Sure they came back on us, but it wasn't their Defense that couldn't punch the ball in for a TD at the end of the game...

    Hold on, even though you were wrong to accuse Harlingen posters of supposedly giving you crap about Shary starters out vs. WE, how come you are giving the coach crap about it? He’s doing the same thing you did..

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Hold on, even though you were wrong to accuse Harlingen posters of supposedly giving you crap about Shary starters out vs. WE, how come you are giving the coach crap about it? He’s doing the same thing you did..
    He’s not , he is just Adding that he didn’t mention his sons mistakes like 2 Ints and a Fumble that cost them the chance to try and win.

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    He’s not , he is just Adding that he didn’t mention his sons mistakes like 2 Ints and a Fumble that cost them the chance to try and win.
    True, but games are decided by more than a handful of plays.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    True, but games are decided by more than a handful of plays.
    It's hard to put the blame on an offense when they have 42 points on the board.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    It's hard to put the blame on an offense when they have 42 points on the board.
    Sounds like the defense had a big part of it.

  6. #46
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    It's hard to put the blame on an offense when they have 42 points on the board.
    Imagine had they scored as much in the 1st half as they did in the 2nd... Sounds like the Offense might have had a little to do with it...

  7. #47

    Default

    Any ideas on how PSJA Memorial and PSJA Southwest will fare in the new 16-5A DI district?

  8. #48
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Any ideas on how PSJA Memorial and PSJA Southwest will fare in the new 16-5A DI district?
    Uribe is a good coach over at PSJAM but they just don't have the kids to contend... This district is a two horse race, it'll be Mission or Brownsville Vets followed by RGC...

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    DC is up for grabs between Brownsville Vets and Mission Vets
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Most definitely see that happening but have a feeling Palmview will challenge em.
    What does Palmview return in 2018 from a 2-8 (0-6-District) 2017 season that will enable it to be a bonafide challenger for the 2018 16-5A DI district title? Is District 30-6A that much stronger than the new 16-5A district or does Palmview have an abundance of under-the-radar sub varsity talent that will make it a contender in 2018?

  10. #50
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Most definitely see that happening but have a feeling Palmview will challenge em.
    Palmview has a football team?

  11. #51
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,716

    Default

    Bvets and mvets will contend for the dc? No offense to palmview, I'm sure they will habe a good squad and probably get a playoff spot, but talent at mvets and coaching at bvets will be the difference.

  12. #52

    Default

    It's been over a month since the last post in this thread.

    What's been happening in District 16-5A DI lately? Any developments, coaching changes, or uncovering of new talent to watch in any of the 10 teams?

  13. #53
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,132

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    It's been over a month since the last post in this thread.

    What's been happening in District 16-5A DI lately? Any developments, coaching changes, or uncovering of new talent to watch in any of the 10 teams?
    Still havent heard a thing on Lopez vacancy. The position is still listed with no closing date posted. The position has been posted since 2 20 18. When this late chances the head coach will be within...most likely the offensive coordinator.
    Last edited by BFC; 04-21-2018 at 08:46 PM.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Still havent heard a thing on Lopez vacancy. The position is still listed with no closing date posted. The position has been posted since 2 20 18. When this late chances the head coach will be within...most likely the offensive coordinator.
    BFC, what is the latest on the Lopez HC vacancy?

  15. #55
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,132

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    BFC, what is the latest on the Lopez HC vacancy?
    Last I heard was Hanna OC former PSJA HC Coach Marroquin was voted down 6 to 1 the last board meeting. Most seem to want Coach Beto Leal for the job.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •