Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 90

Thread: 31-6A football

  1. #41
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,424

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Had a chance to watch Vela’s potential starting Qb for next season AJ Sotelo at camp this past weekend. Ive known the kid for awhile now but maturity and physical attributes are coming along now. Kid has good upside to keep Vela on top....

  2. #42
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Had a chance to watch Vela’s potential starting Qb for next season AJ Sotelo at camp this past weekend. Ive known the kid for awhile now but maturity and physical attributes are coming along now. Kid has good upside to keep Vela on top....
    So no Chase Campbell??

  3. #43
    Junior Varsity
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    17

    Default

    chase will be groomed in slowly.


    i'd start him off in freshman team then move up to jv midseason...transition into varsity come playoffs, get some varsity reps/potential plays if score lead allows for it.

  4. #44
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Intresting matchup for east in the Manor mustangs. Not a powerhouse but is a mid texas team and a good measuring stick game.

    Just thought I'd bring this one over. These are the types of teams I think valley squads showed get in non district. Not the juggernauts just a good mid Texas squad. These teams should alow your team to actually work some offensI've plays in.

  5. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Just thought I'd bring this one over. These are the types of teams I think valley squads showed get in non district. Not the juggernauts just a good mid Texas squad. These teams should alow your team to actually work some offensI've plays in.
    You can come and watch Hrlingen play Judson at Boggus this year. You can have a chance to see a really great team play plus you will get a chance to see Judson too.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  6. #46
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    You can come and watch Hrlingen play Judson at Boggus this year. You can have a chance to see a really great team play plus you will get a chance to see Judson too.

    Haha este vato!!! I might go check that game out but, I really don't see Harlingen getting any offensive work in on a team like that. I could be wrong and trust me I wish harl all the best but judson is judson.

  7. #47
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    I think at East's max preps schedule and it has vela twice as second to last and final game....I look at wes highs schedule and it has east as the final game it looks more like east and high will meet in the final game of the reg season. I belive playoff implications or seedings will definatly be a big factor at the end. Hopefully both teams will be in the playoffs this year. Really looking forward to see how high does after one year with salinas and with a healthy cavasos as qb.

  8. #48
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, Tx
    Posts
    592

    Default

    For those of you that didn't know, Both Marc buhidar and Christian Flores are back at Vela. Looking forward to this upcoming season, should be a good one.

  9. #49
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    For those of you that didn't know, Both Marc buhidar and Christian Flores are back at Vela. Looking forward to this upcoming season, should be a good one.
    I saw that Christian was back during a track meet, I didn't know about Buhidar.... Thats a lot of depth at RB....
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 04-13-2018 at 08:58 AM.

  10. #50
    All Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default

    DONNA NORTH CHIEFS
    Scrimmages
    8/17/2018 Harlingen South 7:30 pm HOME
    8/24/2018 Nikki Rowe 7:30 pm @ Rowe H.S.

    8-31-2018 Donna Redskins 7:30 pm HOME Alumni Night
    9-7-2018 Mission 7:30 pm AWAY
    9-14-2018 Grulla 7:30 pm AWAY
    9-21-2018 Valley View 7:30 pm HOME Parent's Night


    9-28-2018 Weslaco East 7:30 pm AWAY
    10-5-2018 Edin. North 7:30 pm HOME Father-Son Night
    10-11-2018 Edin. Economedes 7:00 pm AWAY Thurs.
    10-19-2018 Weslaco 7:30 pm HOME Middle School Night
    10-25-2018 Edin. Vela 7:00 pm AWAY Thurs.
    11-02-2018 OPEN
    11-08-2018 Edinburg High 7:00 pm HOME Thurs. Homecoming
    TRUST ME !

  11. #51
    All Star
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default CHIEFS in THE LAND of CATS

    *DOUBLE POST*
    Last edited by RATS; 05-13-2018 at 02:04 PM. Reason: DOUBLE POST
    TRUST ME !

  12. #52
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Edinburg, Tx
    Posts
    592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I saw that Christian was back during a track meet, I didn't know about Buhidar.... Thats a lot of depth at RB....
    Sorry your right, not buhidar

  13. #53
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Will vela go undated for the season with new qb or what do u guys say percentage wise the chance of theM doing that is?

    Has any one seen the dctf predictions for this district, I have yet to pick up a copy. I'm sure vela should be on top. It will be intresting to see how the kids respond to the offseason controversy the vela staff had.

  14. #54

    Default

    Vela, PSJA...forgot three and four.

  15. #55
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Will vela go undated for the season with new qb or what do u guys say percentage wise the chance of theM doing that is?

    Has any one seen the dctf predictions for this district, I have yet to pick up a copy. I'm sure vela should be on top. It will be intresting to see how the kids respond to the offseason controversy the vela staff had.
    With Jacob Rosales they're 10-0 and probably wouldn't have many close games, without him they'd probably still go 10-0 maybe 9-1 but they could lose one or two more... Games will be much closer without him.

  16. #56
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    With Jacob Rosales they're 10-0 and probably wouldn't have many close games, without him they'd probably still go 10-0 maybe 9-1 but they could lose one or two more... Games will be much closer without him.
    The Vela/Los Fresnos game is going to be a interesting game
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  17. #57
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    The Vela/Los Fresnos game is going to be a interesting game
    I think LF might win IF Jacob can't play... Jacob is a beast, he'll probably play D1 baseball but he's a talented football player.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    For those of you that didn't know, Both Marc buhidar and Christian Flores are back at Vela. Looking forward to this upcoming season, should be a good one.
    Are you sure Marc Buhidar is back to Vela. Do you know why Christian came back.

  19. #59

    Default

    Did anyone see the article on Chase Campbell; I feel that it’s going to be to to win starting position with Jacob and Sotelo (sophomore next year) at Vela.

  20. #60

    Default Chase

    Did anyone see the article on Chase Campbell; I feel that itís going to be to to win starting position with Jacob and Sotelo (sophomore next year) at Vela.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •