Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 31-6A football

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Wish kwes would of put the video on YouTube but this is kwes facebook page with video of todays realignment with both both coaches.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...345&__tn__=C-R
    This is the actual vid

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by 956jake View Post
    This is a run away district for East and Vels in football. Girls and boys b-ball weslaco makes it stronger,baseball itís weaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think youíre getting a little carried away with a run away district in football, Weslaco and edinburg will be much better than last year. You forget the dominant softball program in Weslaco.

I feel that Vela, Edinburg, Weslaco, and Weslaco East will make the playoffs in football.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    I feel that Vela, Edinburg, Weslaco, and Weslaco East will make the playoffs in football.
    I would agree, but what can we expect from Econ and Ed North, anyone know who they have coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    I would agree, but what can we expect from Econ and Ed North, anyone know who they have coming back.
    Isn’t Ed North still coach less?

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Between those 2, whoever wants it more in their rivalry game has the inside chance. They can still ride on with the emotions of a rivalry game against EHS and possibly upset them to sneak in. Who knows, maybe Marichalar has some magic and pulls the upset too and sneak in.

Good to see 31-6A having the Weslaco schools and bringing a little more if enthusiasm, competition other than 32-6A.This will be great for Vela .Not happy with our new realignment in 30-6A but at least we got 2 new teams to go against other than La Joya schools .I see Vela/ East fighting for a district championship or simply sharing it.

Ed. North had hired their baseball coach as the new head football coach

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Yeah heard about it . What is North thinking about when they hire people so unqualified is beyond me.

Junior Varsity

Ed. North coach is not unqualified, he served as an offensive coordinator 2 years ago, and was their offensive line coach before that. Trust me when I say he knows football and I believe is a good hire for that program

Quote Originally Posted by JDDL30 View Post
    Ed. North coach is not unqualified, he served as an offensive coordinator 2 years ago, and was their offensive line coach before that. Trust me when I say he knows football and I believe is a good hire for that program
    Wasn't he a choice like Rene when Roy stepped down?

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    Wasn't he a choice like Rene when Roy stepped down?
    yes correct, damian & rene were the 2 finalist last time. they of course had chosen rene then.

All Star

Iím hearing a lot of chatter about runner up trying to create waves at Edinburg North. Trying to get kids involved.

Immortal

The mobility and elusivness of cavasos for wes high will pay dividends for the panthers. Although they had a rough first year under Salinas, I think this coming year they have a perfect non schedule to make that system work and gain confidence going into district. I know alot of panther folks that I know expected a tougher district but confidence is what's needed so the players to belive in the system. HopING the panthers can get back on track this year and contend for a dc. Would be great to have both weslaco squads back in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JDDL30 View Post
    I'll stay firm to my comment unless he proves me wrong .His resume is weak to me compare to other candidates outside the compadre system.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    I'll stay firm to my comment unless he proves me wrong .His resume is weak to me compare to other candidates outside the compadre system.
    Absolutely correct, when you hire someone from the baseball program to be your next head football coach throws up too many red flags.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Very Interesting.

*Photo Courtesy of texashshelmetproject.com

Hall of Famer

Wow. I didn't know Edinburg had representation here on the forum.

Heisman Winner

*Photo Courtesy of texashshelmetproject.com

Immortal

Intresting matchup for east in the Manor mustangs. Not a powerhouse but is a mid texas team and a good measuring stick game.

Thread Information