Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 31-6A football

Immortal

East final 2 games will be against wes high and final game vs. Vela. They need to get things done early cause those 2 final games will be tough especially if you need them 2 move on.

Immortal

Immortal

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    I think youíre getting a little carried away with a run away district in football, Weslaco and edinburg will be much better than last year. You forget the dominant softball program in Weslaco.

Dont let it bother you that people think Panther football stinks, the schedule alone means more wins automatically

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Hell yea, thought it was time to check it out in here. Interesting already the comments, expectations of the new district. I notice some things (posterS) never change.

Alot of guys return, especially defensively and with big time playoff experience. We'll see what the O can cook up.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I'd keep my eyes on Weslaco, Mike Salinas has had a year with those kids playing in a tough district
    True

They got a good chance at beating us this year even if people may not think so. Thats my gut feeling. The fact we play the panthers towards the end helps them in my opinion with this new coach.

Immortal

Vela will be the team to beat in this district, after that i say its anyones guess, looking forward to seeing a coach salinas vs his old team matchup.

Bobcats
    Vela
    weslaco East
    Weslaco
    thats my prediction, Vela will be with a inexperience’s QB if Rosales isn’t eligible to play. I think last year was left leftover from Coach Salinas program. Watch out for Weslaco Salinas is getting those kids ready to compete this fall.

Bobcats
    Vela
    weslaco East
    Weslaco
    thats my prediction, Vela will be with a inexperienceís QB if Rosales isnít eligible to play. I think last year was left leftover from Coach Salinas program. Watch out for Weslaco Salinas is getting those kids ready to compete this fall.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Vela will be the team to beat in this district, after that i say its anyones guess, looking forward to seeing a coach salinas vs his old team matchup.
    True

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcats View Post
    Bobcats
    Vela
    weslaco East
    Weslaco
    thats my prediction, Vela will be with a inexperience’s QB if Rosales isn’t eligible to play. I think last year was left leftover from Coach Salinas program. Watch out for Weslaco Salinas is getting those kids ready to compete this fall.
    Interesting, bobcats over vela and everyone

Bobcats will be lead by the running back Herlin and playmakers Cano and Woodward. On defense their linebackers will be lead by kid Champion. Secondary kid Ochoa and Salinas. They have been out of the radar which keeps them focus on their task this offseason. It’s up for grabs this district between East, Vela, Weslaco and Bobcats not just Vela. I’m curious to see how that QB is from East, I heard some good things. Weslaco, Salinas is going to have those kids ready.

Watch out for Marco Noriega for Weslaco at LB, Jacob Banda at DE, and Freddy Cardenas for Weslaco East. Weslaco school district is different than PSJA. Vela will have their hands full and zoning is being enforced a little better at ECISD.

Heisman Winner

Bobcats
    Vela
    weslaco East
    Weslaco
    No bro this years Vela team should be the best we have seen yet IMO, I went to both spring ball practices and Vela has bigger, faster and stronger kids. I'm a bobcat alumn, wish they would be on top again.

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    No bro this years Vela team should be the best we have seen yet IMO, I went to both spring ball practices and Vela has bigger, faster and stronger kids. I'm a bobcat alumn, wish they would be on top again.
    I believe you, but Bobcats have athletes with size and speed also. Iím not sure what the kiddos eat but they seem to get bigger and faster. The training is more advanced nowadays for sure. I saw Weslaco Panthers doing some high speed drills. Good luck to your Sabercats

Immortal

Bobcats will be lead by the running back Herlin and playmakers Cano and Woodward. On defense their linebackers will be lead by kid Champion. Secondary kid Ochoa and Salinas. They have been out of the radar which keeps them focus on their task this offseason. It’s up for grabs this district between East, Vela, Weslaco and Bobcats not just Vela. I’m curious to see how that QB is from East, I heard some good things. Weslaco, Salinas is going to have those kids ready.
    Woodward the basketball player? He plays football too? kids a good athlete on the court, havent seen him on the ftball field though. And curious to know what makes this new transfer east qb so good? I know east has been lucky with transfers at qb as of late, but where is this kids highlights, where was he last yr what were his stats, just curious since none of us know nothing about him. Just that hes from mexico? Panthers Qb jacob cavazos if he can stay healthy has the potential to do some big things this coming season, he showed it last season in the time he was put under center before he got injured and lost for the season. Looking forward to seeing what he can do as the starter this coming season.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 07-13-2018 at 12:48 PM.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    Woodward the basketball player? He plays football too? kids a good athlete on the court, havent seen him on the ftball field though. And curious to know what makes this new transfer east qb so good? I know east has been lucky with transfers at qb as of late, but where is this kids highlights, where was he last yr what were his stats, just curious since none of us know nothing about him. Just that hes from mexico? Panthers Qb jacob cavazos if he can stay healthy has the potential to do some big things this coming season, he showed it last season in the time he was put under center before he got injured and lost for the season. Looking forward to seeing what he can do as the starter this coming season.
    Maybe they chose East over Panthers idk. Id like to know how it all went down though. If I had to choose Id go with East over high for a few reasons. For one East has been consistently really good for years n years now, consistent at head coach, beating the panthers lately, NEED for qb with Lefevre gone and less comp for the starting job.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post
    Maybe they chose East over Panthers idk. Id like to know how it all went down though. If I had to choose Id go with East over high for a few reasons. For one East has been consistently really good for years n years now, consistent at head coach, beating the panthers lately, NEED for qb with Lefevre gone and less comp for the starting job.
    Lol im not saying i care that hes going to east, lefevre went there cause his dad got a coaching job so he tagged along, my whole point was wanting to know how bobcat knows hes a good qb this new kid from mexico if nobody really knows nothing about him. And or maybe his family got a home zoned to east and we dont need to jump to assumptions. Either way its all good, just curious to know thats all.

Heisman Winner

I wanna see his highlights also and ANYTHING hes done really. I would also like to know what makes him so good and "the real deal"

When I get a chance im gonna go find out myself

Unless Bobcats or someone else in here can spill the beans

Immortal

And FYI not like the Panthers havent beat east, you all just got caught up remember, its tied at 3-3 now, just saying..

Thread Information