Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 30-6A football

Heisman Winner

I trust your calculation but I would rather have 3 third round appearances and several 2nd round games and a bunch of DC's ( Littleton) than 2 loses to Brownsville Rivera in 2nd round (McHi).... Proof, after the Permian series there was no progress. They missed playoffs in '16 and 1st round exit in '17 with a below .500 record.... Littleton would have more wins if he didn't have to face stout Harlingen teams (3) where he gets outcoached. I realize the talent pool has been better at Memorial lately but McHi isn't without good players. RB's McGowen, Roy and Gunnar are good players to make things happen but it didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Proof? Idk, since he has been at McHi, Littleton only has 1 more playoff win in same time frame.
    Last edited by redwave; 02-03-2018 at 07:22 PM.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    I trust your calculation but I would rather have 3 third round appearances and several 2nd round games and a bunch of DC's ( Littleton) than 2 loses to Brownsville Rivera in 2nd round (McHi).... Proof, after the Permian series there was no progress. They missed playoffs in '16 and 1st round exit in '17 with a below .500 record.... Littleton would have more wins if he didn't have to face stout Harlingen teams (3) where he gets outcoached. I realize the talent pool has been better at Memorial lately but McHi isn't without good players. RB's McGowen, Roy and Gunnar are good players to make things happen but it didn't.

Sure 3 rd appearances are nice but not in same time frame, In that time with Littleton, Harris was at McHi.

Sure McHi has talent, those kids are are scrappy and fight. McMemorial has benifited the most of this open enrollment thing in McAllen.

Harlingen is just another valley team, sure probably the best team in that time but those games weren’t competitive. Overall Mcallen schools need to do better.....
    Last edited by lmoya; 02-04-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Heisman Winner

K, I misunderstood "time frame". Maybe McHi should have hired a name like Koy Detmer . He has great values and imo would have attracted players.
    Sure 3 rd appearances are nice but not in same time frame, In that time with Littleton, Harris was at McHi.

Sure McHi has talent, those kids are are scrappy and fight. McMemorial has benifited the most of this open enrollment thing in McAllen.

Harlingen is just another valley team, sure probably the best team in that time but those games weren’t competitive. Overall Mcallen schools need to do better.....

Bears early DC favorite
    Not even close. McMemorial will continue to dominate 30-6A.

Who did the Bears schedule for non-district?

Will be interesting to see Marcus Kaufmann on the other side of the field .

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Who did the Bears schedule for non-district?
    Flour bluff corpus king San Benito

Quote Originally Posted by tangs23 View Post
    Flour bluff corpus king San Benito
    Good matchups and looking forward how the Bears go against them.

Good matchups and looking forward how the Bears go against them.
    I noticed in the other thread you said that you were disappointed with the 30-6A realignment. What would you have preferred the UIL had done?

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I noticed in the other thread you said that you were disappointed with the 30-6A realignment. What would you have preferred the UIL had done?
    Move McMemorial out of the La Joya schools,McHi, Rowe ,Mission H.I rather lose some games against better competition than playing every week ,winning games so easily that the Stangs don't benefit anything in those wins.

Move McMemorial out of the La Joya schools,McHi, Rowe ,Mission H.I rather lose some games against better competition than playing every week ,winning games so easily that the Stangs don't benefit anything in those wins.
    I think if a school district has 8 or less schools, they have to be in the same district if enrollment permits.

I think if a school district has 8 or less schools, they have to be in the same district if enrollment permits.
    Isn't Brownsville schools in different districts, PSJA District? Sharyland supposedly part of Mission so why are they always in another district? Realignment mainly goes by #'s and ways of cashing in as much as possible. Sharyland Rattlers,Pioneer, Mercedes,Edcouch Elsa could easily not only compete but beat any of those teams in 30-6A / 31-6A .

Isn't Brownsville schools in different districts, PSJA District? Sharyland supposedly part of Mission so why are they always in another district? Realignment mainly goes by #'s and ways of cashing in as much as possible. Sharyland Rattlers,Pioneer, Mercedes,Edcouch Elsa could easily not only compete but beat any of those teams in 30-6A / 31-6A .
    That's why I said if enrollment permits. The Bro schools are in different classes same for PSJA.

Legend

My Social Networking

Is Mission Hs back?

Is Mission Hs back?

I've watched that video probably 100 times, along with the eagle rap.

Legend

My Social Networking

I've watched that video probably 100 times, along with the eagle rap.

Good times, remember attending numerous games. Rgv had good football when towns only had 1 school

Good times, remember attending numerous games. Rgv had good football when towns only had 1 school
    One of the things that I find crazy about that year is they beat a san antonio team in the 3rd round like san antonio teams beat valley teams. Mission 59, San Antonio Madison 17

One of the things that I find crazy about that year is they beat a san antonio team in the 3rd round like san antonio teams beat valley teams. Mission 59, San Antonio Madison 17
    That’s happened in somewhat recent times.

Probably Mission High will come in second and Bears 3rd in our district.

Legend

My Social Networking

Y’all think recent transfer Cortez will push Gomez for reps or simply take the Qb spot at Mission?

Thread Information