Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 244

Thread: 2018 32-6A

  1. #61
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    harlingen
    Posts
    1,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Lets not forget Hanna is returning the majority of the team including the skill players from last year. Im pretty sure Hanna is not going to be the second tier team. Im also sure Hanna is going to be pissed aswell for the doubters.
    I think Hanna will just fade away and be a distant memory.i could be wrong but the time is coming we will find out

  2. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralphss434 View Post
    I think Hanna will just fade away and be a distant memory.i could be wrong but the time is coming we will find out
    Imo Hanna wins district next year or runner up.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Imo Hanna wins district next year or runner up.
    I'm with you on Hanna Jesus! The only team in 2017 that really took care of business with Hanna was the Retta/Harper-led Greyhounds of San Benito. Even the losses Hanna had were super close and could have gone either way. The 2018 team is almost the mirror image of the 2017 team. Barring any injuries, the 2018 team should be a year older and a year better than its very good 2017 season. The 2018 District 32-6A championship is a very attainable goal for the Golden Eagles.

  4. #64
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    1,137

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    I'm with you on Hanna Jesus! The only team in 2017 that really took care of business with Hanna was the Retta/Harper-led Greyhounds of San Benito. Even the losses Hanna had were super close and could have gone either way. The 2018 team is almost the mirror image of the 2017 team. Barring any injuries, the 2018 team should be a year older and a year better than its very good 2017 season. The 2018 District 32-6A championship is a very attainable goal for the Golden Eagles.
    Agreed. While its understandable to doubt an inconsistent program it is naive to dismiss a team returning most of its players who were key. Also would be awesome if Julian Hodge got on the field and lives up to his athleticism on the field. Go Eagles

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    That sounds right.

    I'm looking forward to next season as I am sure the Harlingen coaches and players are pissed. It's going to be interesting to see how they respond from one of their worst seasons dating back to the 1998 and 1999 seasons.
    As a Harlingen fan I feel it will be about the same as last year. I think they have to many questions on both sides of the ball and if their O-line cant block wont matter. Plus OC is going to have to step up and if they cant produce then they will need to look elsewhere. I personally feel some coaches got to comfortable and were use to plugging in players and not doing their job coaching.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    As a Harlingen fan I feel it will be about the same as last year. I think they have to many questions on both sides of the ball and if their O-line cant block wont matter. Plus OC is going to have to step up and if they cant produce then they will need to look elsewhere. I personally feel some coaches got to comfortable and were use to plugging in players and not doing their job coaching.
    Harlingen had a good team and a good season last year in many respects. If one judges a season only by W vs L then it was average. If one judges success game by game, it's clear Harlingen played well enough to win in all its games, save and except versus San Benito and Hanna where they were outplayed and out coached. Most of the Card losses were one score games that were gift wrapped by the Cards to their opponents via senseless turnovers. I just viewed the Mission Vets game in full and the Cards fumbled the ball as they were about to score on two occassions. Get those two TOs back and they have a W in that game against a very good Patriots team. Humbleness goes a long way Card fans. Your boys give it their all every game. Celebrate the wins and support them after the losses without comparision to what happened in Cardinal Land the past 40+ years.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Harlingen had a good team and a good season last year in many respects. If one judges a season only by W vs L then it was average. If one judges success game by game, it's clear Harlingen played well enough to win in all its games, save and except versus San Benito and Hanna where they were outplayed and out coached. Most of the Card losses were one score games that were gift wrapped by the Cards to their opponents via senseless turnovers. I just viewed the Mission Vets game in full and the Cards fumbled the ball as they were about to score on two occassions. Get those two TOs back and they have a W in that game against a very good Patriots team. Humbleness goes a long way Card fans. Your boys give it their all every game. Celebrate the wins and support them after the losses without comparision to what happened in Cardinal Land the past 40+ years.
    Nobody questioning tradition like I mentioned before Iím a fan but i also have to be realistic. Playing hard should be something that all players and team should do. But if talent isnít there itís hard to win letís face it. I hope they put it together!

  8. #68

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Nobody questioning tradition like I mentioned before Iím a fan but i also have to be realistic. Playing hard should be something that all players and team should do. But if talent isnít there itís hard to win letís face it. I hope they put it together!
    Vaild point.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    As a Harlingen fan I feel it will be about the same as last year. I think they have to many questions on both sides of the ball and if their O-line cant block wont matter. Plus OC is going to have to step up and if they cant produce then they will need to look elsewhere. I personally feel some coaches got to comfortable and were use to plugging in players and not doing their job coaching.
    Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Nobody questioning tradition like I mentioned before I’m a fan but i also have to be realistic. Playing hard should be something that all players and team should do. But if talent isn’t there it’s hard to win let’s face it. I hope they put it together!
    Your Post are all over the place.......

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greyhound24 View Post
    6 homes games!...Midland Lee at home
    Yeah, but itís at 4 on a Saturday. Does this mean that the game will be played at a neutral site?

  11. #71
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Benito, Tx
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Resaca City Gold View Post
    Yeah, but it’s at 4 on a Saturday. Does this mean that the game will be played at a neutral site?
    Your right....that would make sense

  12. #72
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kennewick, Washington
    Posts
    540

    My Social Networking

    Follow De Ridder Dragon On Twitter

    Default

    Micheal Mull took the DC position at SA TAFT.
    "They messed with the wrong people", Rick Grimes TWD
    Delta foxtrot whiskey mike!

  13. #73
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by De Ridder Dragon View Post
    Micheal Mull took the DC position at SA TAFT.
    Who ?
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  14. #74

    Default

    Was he a DC in the district?

  15. #75
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,504

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    Was he a DC in the district?
    Was DC at San Benito

  16. #76
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,717

    Default

    This is still "the" district. Coaches whether there from up north now coaching in the valley know that valley teams are being the black ball when it comes to size speed and strength when it comes to playing in the 3rd and 4th round in region 4. It's in treating to see teams like lf and harl south which have coaches who have been with teams from up north try to do the impossible. They know the discrepancy when it comes to the gridion and the hefty task they have. You could have nick saban coach a valley squad and I believe the same results occur. That being said really looking forward to next season and how teams try to get over the hump that they have been trying to get over since donna did the impossible.

  17. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    Harlingen had a good team and a good season last year in many respects. If one judges a season only by W vs L then it was average. If one judges success game by game, it's clear Harlingen played well enough to win in all its games, save and except versus San Benito and Hanna where they were outplayed and out coached. Most of the Card losses were one score games that were gift wrapped by the Cards to their opponents via senseless turnovers. I just viewed the Mission Vets game in full and the Cards fumbled the ball as they were about to score on two occassions. Get those two TOs back and they have a W in that game against a very good Patriots team. Humbleness goes a long way Card fans. Your boys give it their all every game. Celebrate the wins and support them after the losses without comparision to what happened in Cardinal Land the past 40+ years.
    Harlingen had a crappy season last year....period.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  18. #78
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Harlingen had a crappy season last year....period.
    Harlingen should have no problem making the playoffs this year. But are valley teams catching up to the cards or did the cards have a down year? The cards were plagued with injuries this past year and it will be intestine to see how they match up against lf and sb as well with hanna. Is the hanna program on the turnaround or was last year just there magical season? Based on harl history it seems that they did have an off year and will be out to prove it was. Most 326a teams will be playing a tough non distrit schedule and we will see if that can translate into success or more injuries. Harl had a huge victory over reagain last year but missed the playoffs. I for one not being from Harlingen but being a valley football fan am looking forward to see how the cards respond to last season.

  19. #79
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Harlingen should have no problem making the playoffs this year. But are valley teams catching up to the cards or did the cards have a down year? The cards were plagued with injuries this past year and it will be intestine to see how they match up against lf and sb as well with hanna. Is the hanna program on the turnaround or was last year just there magical season? Based on harl history it seems that they did have an off year and will be out to prove it was. Most 326a teams will be playing a tough non distrit schedule and we will see if that can translate into success or more injuries. Harl had a huge victory over reagain last year but missed the playoffs. I for one not being from Harlingen but being a valley football fan am looking forward to see how the cards respond to last season.
    The only thing with Hanna is that back in 2009 or whenever it was they had that one magical season and they won a DC and then made the playoffs only for next year they only won 2 games and couldn’t compete, I think this might be that way for them again but who knows !!!
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  20. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    The only thing with Hanna is that back in 2009 or whenever it was they had that one magical season and they won a DC and then made the playoffs only for next year they only won 2 games and couldn’t compete, I think this might be that way for them again but who knows !!!
    Shary still beat them

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •