Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 16 5A ll

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Where is Poppy Thompson going?? Marcy's dad used to the the Head Coach at Sharyland, we always had a solid Defense when he was there, we NEVER had an Offense though, not until Fred Sanchez in 2002.
    IMO Coach Sanchez wasn’t the best... lost two years in a row in the 2nd Rd to Edinburg Schools, then lost in the 1st Rd the following year before retiring.

Immortal

Shary,ee and mercedes playoff bound, in what order only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Shary,ee and mercedes playoff bound, in what order only time will tell.
    My pre-season prediction is = Shary > Mercedes > EE > Pioneer. The Adames at head coach will dominate the district and the dc game will be between the tigers and Rattlers , ultimately Rattlers winning it in my prediction. GO RATTLERS!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    My pre-season prediction is = Shary > Mercedes > EE > Pioneer. The Adames at head coach will dominate the district and the dc game will be between the tigers and Rattlers , ultimately Rattlers winning it in my prediction. GO RATTLERS!
    You do know Mercedes has to replace 18 starters nexr year.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    You do know Mercedes has to replace 18 starters nexr year.
    LMKA

I am curious what you think about this one observation I will make about your team last year. I only saw your team once and that was against Mercedes so it may have been different in other games but I was struck by something and I am curious to see if you agree and how it may look this next year.

I thought you guys looked strong but you lacked team speed. I mean I really thought you lacked team speed, which is suprising for you guys. I knew early in that game that we were going to win because we could get to the corner on you very easily.

But I thought you guys had good size and were just going to try an outmuscle us. Is that what you think you will be next year or do you see more speed coming up because I thought you looked good in pads but lacked team speed.

Just my observations.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
    LMKA

I am curious what you think about this one observation I will make about your team last year. I only saw your team once and that was against Mercedes so it may have been different in other games but I was struck by something and I am curious to see if you agree and how it may look this next year.

I thought you guys looked strong but you lacked team speed. I mean I really thought you lacked team speed, which is suprising for you guys. I knew early in that game that we were going to win because we could get to the corner on you very easily.

But I thought you guys had good size and were just going to try an outmuscle us. Is that what you think you will be next year or do you see more speed coming up because I thought you looked good in pads but lacked team speed.

Just my observations.
    We lack a lot if speed at especially at the LB position. I honestly believe some of the backup LB had more speed than 2 of the starting LB that we had. As of now Coach Chavez is focusing on team speed. I believe E-E will be very competitive this coming year. We had a lot of Jrs and Soph seeing playing time.

1. Shary
    2. EE or Mercedes (Big game)
    4. Pioneer

Yes Mercedes has many gaps to fill but I feel they have some good kids to do so Pioneer will be very competitive based on talent but will fall short. EE has a new system but will be mainly spread, they bring back some experience yet have lost a lot in the trenches bringing back only two O-Line kids. Like many have stated only time will tell and the DC title will be up for grabs anything can happen.

Default District Title

1. Shary
    4. Pioneer

Yes Mercedes has many gaps to fill but I feel they have some good kids to do so Pioneer will be very competitive based on talent but will fall short. EE has a new system but will be mainly spread, they bring back some experience yet have lost a lot in the trenches bringing back only two O-Line kids. Like many have stated only time will tell and the DC title will be up for grabs anything can happen.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket For Life View Post
    1. Shary
    4. Pioneer

Yes we lost both the twins and big #75. But when 75 went down the Soph # 62 played very good the last 2 1/2 games. Plus one of the twins was rotating all year with '#54 a Jr. La Maquina will be good this year. Don't let last year lull you on them.

Starting DE Brandon Mireles 6’0 245 ,
    Is one of the main runners in the Varsity 4x2 team. Shows the speed all around

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Starting DE Brandon Mireles 6’0 245 ,
    Is one of the main runners in the Varsity 4x2 team. Shows the speed all around
    Brandon is taller than that, he's about 6'3 maybe 220 though...

Brandon is taller than that, he's about 6'3 maybe 220 though...
    You’re correct, just confirmed this in person lol. That 3 looks a lot better

Two peas in...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Two peas in...
    Que te valga! No tells you anything when you are complaining about your own playoff missing program...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 07-14-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Que te varga! No tells you anything when you are complaining about your own playoff missing program...
    Hahahahaha, I knew you were going to post that...

Y’all are good together though.

Platinum

Hahahahaha, I knew you were going to post that...

Y’all are good together though.
    Funny... I knew you were going to post that...

Funny... I knew you were going to post that...

Sure.

Hey, he has your back and vice verse. Trouble and Trouble Jr.!

I’m looking somewhat forward to the Harlingen-Sharyland scrimmage. It will be a decent indicator to what Harlingen will look like for the coming season.

Platinum

I’m looking somewhat forward to the Harlingen-Sharyland scrimmage. It will be a decent indicator to what Harlingen will look like for the coming season.
    Don't expect to see much, except for our BIG OL... I don't expect to see many returning starters play any significant time at all...

Don't expect to see much, except for our BIG OL... I don't expect to see many returning starters play any significant time at all...
    They’ll get there reps in the end. Enough for your staff to get a feel...

Lord Gomez will probably go all in...lol.

Sure.

Hey, he has your back and vice verse. Trouble and Trouble Jr.!

I back up what I believe in and what I know of , what’s true , and what’s right; But you could say I do back him up , again refer to the above statement tho ^ , I bet if you knew one of the Harlingen posters in person it would be the same w one of them (not saying you don’t), just doesn’t seem like it.

I hope we see starters in both teams play each other tho, spoke w Edgar (QB) this morning , and he’s ready to go and ready to play Senior Season as he graduates December.

Thread Information