Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    My 3 sons graduated from McHi already so don’t have one.
    Last time you told me you support Edcouch-Elsa.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by E-E PoWeR HoUsE View Post
    He does...

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by E-E PoWeR HoUsE View Post
    Ugh ok.....

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    He does...
    Always stirring the Pot, Trouble.....

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Always stirring the Pot, Trouble.....

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    We have varsity back up coming back skills like current qb..

Our jv went undefeated imo qb reminds me of presas
    Big qb and can shread defenses..

Our 9th qrade qb is mobile like our current qb and can also pass ball ...
    Well see in preseason.
    We have varsity rbs back with addition to jv this upcoming season will be stacked at
    Qb and rb...hope we have wrs
    To catch all these balls coming there way.

Mercedes always has pretty solid d.
    Well see in aug...
    New district new teams...

Think we might surprise some peeps in our district
    Imo...
    We will have some good running backs with Sonny Vela and Aleks Ramos returning and then speedy Samuel Jackson will be on varsity as a sophomore. Receivers returning will be Lee Roy Garcia and Alex Rincon from the JV. QB returning is Israel Alegria. Horace Pequeno Jr was the JV QB and at 6'2" is more of a pocket QB. Upcoming QBs from the freshmen is Jacob Cantu and Coach Martell's grandson. Defensive line will be returning Marcus Garcia and Christopher Hogan. Bob Gutierrez will also be returning. Brandon Davila and Sebastian Arteags will be returning DBs.

Hall of Famer

Amazing year flew by son will be finishing up his 9th grade school year in 15 days.....
    And a few months later he will coming back as a sophmore
    10 th grader..have some stuff planned for him in summer break...
    Go Tigers....
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 05-09-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    We will have some good running backs with Sonny Vela and Aleks Ramos returning and then speedy Samuel Jackson will be on varsity as a sophomore. Receivers returning will be Lee Roy Garcia and Alex Rincon from the JV. QB returning is Israel Alegria. Horace Pequeno Jr was the JV QB and at 6'2" is more of a pocket QB. Upcoming QBs from the freshmen is Jacob Cantu and Coach Martell's grandson. Defensive line will be returning Marcus Garcia and Christopher Hogan. Bob Gutierrez will also be returning. Brandon Davila and Sebastian Arteags will be returning DBs.
    Sounds like y'all have a bunch of talent coming up next season, doesn't look like a whole lot of experience though... I can see Mercedes running through that easy non district schedule undefeated then getting beat up by Pioneer in the district opener... The playoff teams are most likely going to be Shary, Pioneer, Mercy and EE... Possibly in that order... Gonna be fun

Premium

Sounds like y'all have a bunch of talent coming up next season, doesn't look like a whole lot of experience though... I can see Mercedes running through that easy non district schedule undefeated then getting beat up by Pioneer in the district opener... The playoff teams are most likely going to be Shary, Pioneer, Mercy and EE... Possibly in that order... Gonna be fun
    Pioneer didnt even try on defense most of the time and were not helped by that lets go a s fast as posible on offense philosophy which put them on the field a bunch

they may have scored a bunch of points but it left them vunerable to giving up a bunch of points especially in the second half when they were gassed

I could see Mercedes going 0-3 in non district while they get some varsity experience

I could see a 3rd or 4th place finish for us next year as these youngs kids get experience

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by eyeofthetiger View Post
    Pioneer didnt even try on defense most of the time and were not helped by that lets go a s fast as posible on offense philosophy which put them on the field a bunch

they may have scored a bunch of points but it left them vunerable to giving up a bunch of points especially in the second half when they were gassed

I could see Mercedes going 0-3 in non district while they get some varsity experience

I could see a 3rd or 4th place finish for us next year as these youngs kids get experience
    Pioneer was an anomaly last season, the prior season Pioneer had one of the top Defenses in the district they fell off the face of the earth last year though... What they do have is a whole lot of Offense coming back, they D couldn't possibly be any worse though... I see them doing pretty well next season... QB Jacob Rosales is gonna be unstoppable...
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 05-10-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Hall of Famer

Son's 9th grade year flew by...
    I will wait to make my assessment on Tigers after week 3. Mercedes will be fine we are going to be a young team in preseason .. As far as teams blowing us out don't see that happening. Too much talent on Defense and offense
    I said it since last year son's 2012 state champs coming thru I know it doesn't translate to varsity but we are going to score a lot of points we see week on vs ee with there talent back if we win doubt any one will be blowing us out Imo... we will be ready for district play same offense they
    Use in jr high...

Hall of Famer

Well see football season..,
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 05-10-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Son's 9th grade year flew by...
    I will wait to make my assessment on Tigers after week 3.

1. Mercedes will be fine we are going to be a young team in preseason.
    2. As far as teams blowing us out don't see that happening.
    3. Too much talent on Defense and offense.
    4. I said it since last year son's 2012 state champs coming thru I know it doesn't translate to varsity but we are going to score a lot of points.
    5. We['ll] see week on vs ee with there talent back if we win doubt any one will be blowing us out Imo...
    6. We will be ready for district play same offense they Use in jr high...
    I mean this with all due respect, but it kind of looks like an assessment to me. Looking forward to week 3 just the same.

Hall of Famer

Yes I can say we are going to go 12 and 0
    But will it have any substance to my pick...?
    Im a rational person and try get a feel on Tigers preason with some new opponents this year... I will have a better feel on my young Mercedes Fighting Tigers. .after preseason that's what those games are for to help us get ready for district play vs ee week 1
    32-5aaa

Not Valley View...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 05-10-2018 at 04:51 PM.

Platinum

Right off the bat, I'll make a little assessment of Mercedes 2018 non-district... Week 1 vs Edinburg North shouldn't be a very difficult game, I can see Mercedes easily winning that game... Week 2 vs Rowe, that game is gonna be interesting... Rowe QB Jonas Ortiz is really good, I think Mercedes is gonna still be scrambling to find a replacement for Roger Adame III and Rowe will win... Wk 3 vs Edinburg High, the Bobcats bring back a heavy run game... I went to a couple of their games last season and they can't throw the ball to save their lives, but they have some really good RBs... I think that game is gonna be tight... I'll take Mercedes

Hall of Famer

Will be getting some athletes back this season who sat out for different sport reasons one played lb last year.
    Should be a great season any word on CSI in McAllen?
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 05-11-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Hall of Famer

I'm not sure I would call it an easy non-district schedule with the likes of Edinburg North, Edinburg High, and McAllen Nikki Rowe. Tigers district opener will be EE, not Pioneer. I can understand that Pioneer will be a tough match up since tigers destroyed them in bi-district and they will be looking for payback time. Playoff teams will be Sharyland, Pioneer, EE, and Mercedes not necessarily in that order. Go Tigers!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    I'm not sure I would call it an easy non-district schedule with the likes of Edinburg North, Edinburg High, and McAllen Nikki Rowe. Tigers district opener will be EE, not Pioneer. I can understand that Pioneer will be a tough match up since tigers destroyed them in bi-district and they will be looking for payback time. Playoff teams will be Sharyland, Pioneer, EE, and Mercedes not necessarily in that order. Go Tigers!
    Edinburg North has lost pretty much all their talent... Their starting QB and RB both transferred to Vela, they graduated everyone else... I think they have a good WR, but he can't throw to himself so that'll be blowout win for Mercedes, Edinburg High brings back probably one of the top rushing attacks in the RGV, it'll be tough and Nikki Rowe might give you guys some issues with that talented QB they have... Pioneer has Rosales back and y'all lost Adame III, I don't think they'll be looking for "payback" after being "destroyed" because they played with y'all for 3 quarters and they didn't have a Defense all season long...

Hall of Famer

Edinburg North has lost pretty much all their talent... Their starting QB and RB both transferred to Vela, they graduated everyone else... I think they have a good WR, but he can't throw to himself so that'll be blowout win for Mercedes, Edinburg High brings back probably one of the top rushing attacks in the RGV, it'll be tough and Nikki Rowe might give you guys some issues with that talented QB they have... Pioneer has Rosales back and y'all lost Adame III, I don't think they'll be looking for "payback" after being "destroyed" because they played with y'all for 3 quarters and they didn't have a Defense all season long...
    Interesting to read your analysis! You are very well versed with south texas football. Of course, we will actually know more about these teams in the scrimmages and non-district games. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and we shall see what happens in about 3 months.

Hall of Famer

Did anyone make the mhs
    Today 8am to 11am ? Orange and white...
    My son was there this morning but I missed it....

Thread Information