Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Default 2018 Mercedes Tigers

So what is to be expected for Mercedes in 2018 now that the Super Sophomores Team are gone. After all they were suppose to take Mercedes to heights never reach before by the Tigers. So did the Super Sophomores reach their potential or did they Under Perform where any future Tiger team can duplicate their accomplishments?
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    So what is to be expected for Mercedes in 2018 now that the Super Sophomores Team are gone. After all they were suppose to take Mercedes to heights never reach before by the Tigers. So did the Super Sophomores reach their potential or did they Under Perform where any future Tiger team can duplicate their accomplishments?
    Merc is the valley's premier program. We all know this.lol. All kidding aside

Merc has done well for themselves. They've set a foundation with district success but can't seem to build on that foundation with playoff success.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Merc is the valley's premier program. We all know this.lol. All kidding aside

Merc has done well for themselves. They've set a foundation with district success but can't seem to build on that foundation with playoff success.
    Yes they but the Super Sophomores team was a team that by their Standereds could compete with Cal.

Them Tigers are on your mind, LMKA?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Them Tigers are on your mind, LMKA?
    The forum has been kind of quiet.

Platinum

Sharyland BETTER be on EE and Mercedes minds!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Sharyland BETTER be on EE and Mercedes minds!
    As E-E on Sharylands

Hall of Famer

Mercedes will be in a place most teams face every year players lost due to graduation ...imo we will need to replace skilled players at certain positions .do we have athletes that can come in and play yes.. we have 9th grade group that I have been talking about since last year. We have 3 great qbs coming up to battle to take starting job... we will have some rbs back and will add a freshman or more to varsity this coming year...well see how our realignment happens if it looks like as long as we don't come in 4th place in district we will not be facing calallen rd 1
    Any more will be another coastal bend team we have not played in a while. ..I feel we will have a great chance to get past rd 1...imo...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 01-29-2018 at 08:55 AM.

Platinum

I'm just hoping we get Alice in our district...

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I'm just hoping we get Alice in our district...
    I hope we don't get Cigarroa. I hate that drive to Laredo. Even though if you go thru San Isidro its you save around 45 minute Commute.

Hall of Famer

Who knows Tigers schedule this year?

Premium

LJ Juarez Lincoln-scrimmage
    Mission High- scrimmage

@ Edinburg North week 1
    Nikki Rowe week 2
    @ La Feria week 3
    Edinburg High week 4
    Edcouch Elsa week 5
    @ Shary Pioneer week 6
    Bye week 7
    Valley View week 8
    @ shary High week 9
    Laredo Cigaroa week 10
    @ Roma week 11
    Are Gringos falling from the sky?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TigersPride View Post
    LJ Juarez Lincoln-scrimmage
    Mission High- scrimmage

@ Edinburg North week 1
    Nikki Rowe week 2
    @ La Feria week 3
    Edinburg High week 4
    Edcouch Elsa week 5
    @ Shary Pioneer week 6
    Bye week 7
    Valley View week 8
    @ shary High week 9
    Laredo Cigaroa week 10
    @ Roma week 11
    I like this schedule. No more having to drive to Calallen and Laredo Cigarroa will be at home.

Hall of Famer

Don't see pi
    Scrimmage

Cal game
    Panthers game..

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Ill take a shot at this......mmm no they did not meet potential. They were good but they had so much talent not to not make more noise. Plus if not mistaken gomez la villa transfer was part of the super sophs so no did not meet potential at Mercedes. Again still played good but not to what was to be.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Ill take a shot at this......mmm no they did not meet potential. They were good but they had so much talent not to not make more noise. Plus if not mistaken gomez la villa transfer was part of the super sophs so no did not meet potential at Mercedes. Again still played good but not to what was to be.
    Winning making back to back playoffs and bidistrct champs hasn't been done in Mercedes don't see how they went 9 and 3 last season. Don't sound like a bust to me they made history in Mercedes Tiger football program. ..
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 02-01-2018 at 08:33 PM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Winning making back to back playoffs and bidistrct champs hasn't been done in Mercedes don't see how they went 9 and 3 last season. Don't sound like a bust to me they made history in Mercedes Tiger football program. ..
    In all honesty im not knocking what was accomplished down. I would love those accomplishments for brownsville schools anytime. What i guess i tried to state is those kids were very good and they did impress when i saw them play. I think they couldve accomplished more than what they did. The past 2 years vets won district with sharing 1 yr with mercedes. I dont think that shouldve been the case. With the talent and experience it should have been 2 outright dc and deeper runs in playoffs. Now i know calallen happened but maybe closer games couldve been expected. Nevertheless good seasons for those kids in mercedes football history.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    In all honesty im not knocking what was accomplished down. I would love those accomplishments for brownsville schools anytime. What i guess i tried to state is those kids were very good and they did impress when i saw them play. I think they couldve accomplished more than what they did. The past 2 years vets won district with sharing 1 yr with mercedes. I dont think that shouldve been the case. With the talent and experience it should have been 2 outright dc and deeper runs in playoffs. Now i know calallen happened but maybe closer games couldve been expected. Nevertheless good seasons for those kids in mercedes football history.
    It's okay when we won district champs we were one and done
    Now you all won distinct champs and still only made it as to bidistrict as sharly too.. now if vets or shary would have gone 3rd deep then I can see you're argument...Mercedes will continue to make post season
    Looks like over 8yrs ..we have a good thing
    In Tiger Land...
    But you are entitled to you opinion. ..
    One person made vets move the qb...well see how they fare season...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 02-02-2018 at 04:09 AM.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    It's okay when we won district champs we were one and done
    Now you all won distinct champs and still only made it as to bidistrict as sharly too.. now if vets or shary would have gone 3rd deep then I can see you're argument...Mercedes will continue to make post season
    Looks like over 8yrs ..we have a good thing
    In Tiger Land...
    But you are entitled to you opinion. ..
    One person made vets move the qb...well see how they fare season...
    Problem with your post is that those Super Sophomores came into the Friday night lights with big expectations put on them. Did the meet their expectations? No. 1/2 a district title in 3 years is nothing to brag about because of the talent they had. 2 no bi-district title. 1 against an injury depleted Sharyland team and 1 against a team that had to fight to make the playoff in Pioneer. Again both were 4th place teams. They were labor the next great Valley Team.

Premium

A Mercedes Tigers thread started by LMKA with only 19 posts total and 7 of those are from LMKA. He hasn't even posted that much in his own EE thread. I think you should worry more about your jackets and whether or not they can make the playoffs this year.
    Are Gringos falling from the sky?

Thread Information