Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by panther85 View Post
    Does anyone have any updates on how spring ball went for the Panthers?
    There was no spring ball after all, guess Salinas changed his mind, so we should be having an extra scrimmage in the fall.

Immortal

It has been pretty quiet, i know some of the impact players we have returning are planning on attending quite a few camps this summer, which is good, i would have thought some of the 7v7 would have started up by now but havent heard anything yet..Looking forward to the upcoming season though, think we can and will have alot more success in salinas's 2nd season.
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 05-27-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Immortal

Also congrats to Elijah Banda and Richard Olszak on signing with Crown College up in MN

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    It has been pretty quiet, i know some of the impact players we have returning are planning on attending quite a few camps this summer, which is good, i would have thought some of the 7v7 would have started up by now but havent heard anything yet..Looking forward to the upcoming season though, think we can and will have alot more success in salinas's 2nd season.
    Thanks for the update midvalley, things were way too quiet if spring ball had taken place and no one not mentioning anything. Hopefully that extra week in August will be better served for the team.

Moderator in Training

Sup Panther peeps..

Just wanted to say a few words...

I'm sure everyone see's the construction going on at the high school by the field now. High is finally getting there new field house and from what I seen it's going to be nice. It was long over due.

I also heard we are getting a new scoreboard next year. From what I been told, this scoreboard will be one of the best in state. It's going to be huge.

On another note, sad to hear about loss of P.C. He was doing great things in Dallas in the music industry and his loss and contributions he made will never be forgotten. RIP Michael (PC)
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Immortal

Sup booost...

And yeah you definately cant miss the construction going on at the high school, long over due on a new fieldhouse is an understatement, should be nice, and new scoreboard as well i feel was needed, when we expanded the stadium the scoreboard lagged behind not to mention all the audio issues it had. Looking forward to August..

Hall of Famer

How about the team? How's this upcoming season looking? Have the players been putting in the work? Pretty quiet so far, that's not a good thing IMO.

ďA rivalry? The third time weíve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.Ē-Coach Burget

Immortal

Heard the offensive line coach left. Coach rosh...I believe.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    How about the team? How's this upcoming season looking? Have the players been putting in the work? Pretty quiet so far, that's not a good thing IMO.
    Couldn't tell you, we know whose returning and we hope to see some improvement going into the season but i know i havent heard much, was hoping we were gonna do spring ball but didn't happen after all so but hoping to go catch some of the 7on7 games at the mission sqt on saturday to see how things are looking, i know we just started the mcallen tourney this past Tuesday, so not sure how theyll do on saturday, guess we'll see, i do know its Cavazos and Devin Hanks the sophomore rotating at Qb.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    A little update..

Immortal

I also hear Peyton Knaub has been working really hard and should be on the field this upcoming season, had been mentioned that he might not because of the injury he suffered, but kid has put in a lot of work in the weight room and has bulked up and is ahead in his rehabbing process. So that be good news to have him and Coronado in the backfield this coming season..

Don’t get your panties in a knot, but can coaches lead/help with workouts during the summer?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Don’t get your panties in a knot, but can coaches lead/help with workouts during the summer?
    lol idk call over there and ask if you're so concerned..
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 07-11-2018 at 10:41 AM.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Donít get your panties in a knot, but can coaches lead/help with workouts during the summer?
    Wtf of course they can thatís a stupid question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Wtf of course they can that’s a stupid question.

Last edited by cardinal85; 07-12-2018 at 04:17 PM.

Immortal

Just got word that weslaco high will have its first scrimmage in psja on Aug 11. It will be a tri scrimmage with psja memorial and harlingen.

Hall of Famer

So the season is almost here & they have yet to start on the new scoreboard hmmmm

Immortal

I personally think the city of weslaco should focus more on the cities infrastructure first before we get a scoreboard. I think folks would be pissed if we get a state of the art scoreboard and nothing gets done about the drainage systems. I know its two different issues but city has taken it on the chin twice with these crazy floods.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    I personally think the city of weslaco should focus more on the cities infrastructure first before we get a scoreboard. I think folks would be pissed if we get a state of the art scoreboard and nothing gets done about the drainage systems. I know its two different issues but city has taken it on the chin twice with these crazy floods.
    The city is funding the district’s scoreboard?

Thread Information