Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    I would like to see a mid level SA or Austin team. One that is maybe making the playoffs consistently at the 3rd or 4th spot in their district. Maybe a midway point game against an El Paso big dog. I would like to see who has the border crown.
    LF as El Paso Montwood for the next 2 years so we will see what it brings
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    I would like to see a mid level SA or Austin team. One that is maybe making the playoffs consistently at the 3rd or 4th spot in their district. Maybe a midway point game against an El Paso big dog. I would like to see who has the border crown.
    El Paso Montwood is coming to Los Fresnos for the next two years they're one of El Paso's strongest 6A teams and I believe El Paso will take this year now if we can also get a 5A team from El Paso it would be nice. El Paso Del Valle is playing Aledo next year also they're one of the strong team's from 5A for El Paso checkout Steven Montez he was their QB and is now at Colorado his younger brother is at the helm right now Raymond Montez it helps their dad is the QB coach former Raiders player.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by EP2RGV View Post
    El Paso Montwood is coming to Los Fresnos for the next two years they're one of El Paso's strongest 6A teams and I believe El Paso will take this year now if we can also get a 5A team from El Paso it would be nice. El Paso Del Valle is playing Aledo next year also they're one of the strong team's from 5A for El Paso checkout Steven Montez he was their QB and is now at Colorado his younger brother is at the helm right now Raymond Montez it helps their dad is the QB coach former Raiders player.
    I'd love to see my Rattlers play Del Valle, I'd love to see one of the Amarillo schools too, the Golden Sandies have a hell of a reputation...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I'd love to see my Rattlers play Del Valle, I'd love to see one of the Amarillo schools too, the Golden Sandies have a hell of a reputation...
    As long as Sharyland is willing to work with Coach Jesse Perales I’m sure it can happen he’s more than willing and wanting to play a valley team having that connection with the Superintendent from MCISD helps.

Heisman Winner

It takes money. How much will the Montwood series cost Los Fresnos ? They must have the coins to toss around. I don't think any other valley schools will consider that expense. Laredo United, Alexander, LUS, Alice and Cal will have to do for Valley schools. Those opponents are tough enough.
    As long as Sharyland is willing to work with Coach Jesse Perales I’m sure it can happen he’s more than willing and wanting to play a valley team having that connection with the Superintendent from MCISD helps.

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    It takes money. How much will the Montwood series cost Los Fresnos ? They must have the coins to toss around. I don't think any other valley schools will consider that expense. Laredo United, Alexander, LUS, Alice and Cal will have to do for Valley schools. Those opponents are tough enough.
    So let's say McMemorial wants to play an oppenant from Austin .Who picks up the tap for all the expenses , McMemorial school on it's own or the M.I.S.D?

Premium

A lot of money for a football game when they can find a closer team,
    They will just put in the budget the state will pay, ala robin hood act

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Heisman Winner

I don't know but Ranger 66 may be right. I think in a home and home series each school is responsible but talk is Montwood will travel both years. Their band and cheer squads will probably have to fundraise if they want to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    So let's say McMemorial wants to play an oppenant from Austin .Who picks up the tap for all the expenses , McMemorial school on it's own or the M.I.S.D?

Immortal

I don't know but Ranger 66 may be right. I think in a home and home series each school is responsible but talk is Montwood will travel both years. Their band and cheer squads will probably have to fundraise if they want to come.
    Or maybe lf picks up the tab once again as it did for lake travis? Maybe having incentives is another way to entice teams to travel down south.

Heisman Winner

Refugio is just down the road, forget El Paso or Amarillo LOL

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    I'd like to see Sharyland play Refugio, I personally thing we'd give them a good game...

Heisman Winner

The problem with Refugio is Depth. They have their best players going both ways and in a non-district game conditioning won't be there for them. Shary would beat them. RH or La Grulla may be better opponents this early in season.

Platinum

The problem with Refugio is Depth. They have their best players going both ways and in a non-district game conditioning won't be there for them. Shary would beat them. RH or La Grulla may be better opponents this early in season.
    Yeah, I kinda think we'd beat them too, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was high scoring... Refugio has better athletes than we do, without a doubt, but depth would get to them...

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Yoakum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Yoakum as well.
    Do the smaller schools find it much harder in finding oppenants for non-district games?

Do the smaller schools find it much harder in finding oppenants for non-district games?
    I would think if they had a smaller district and need 5 non district games compared to 3 than it might be.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow SintonFan_inAustin On Twitter
    Visit SintonFan_inAustin's Youtube Channel

Some south texas schools year in and year out that do well possibly good opponents for 5a schools and Calallen and Flour Bluff for 6a schools for Valley to consider than the long distance opponents.
    past 5 years that have been top programs and including Cuero they're at the very edge of south texas border always region IV and been in coastal bend district.

Last 5 years
    2A Refugio 67-9 (total playoff games 27)
    2013-14-2 Rd 5, 2014- 12-1 Rd 3, 2015- 13-3 Rd 6, 2016 15-1 Rd 6 State Title and 2017 13-2 Rd 6

5A Calallen 56-12 (total playoff games 19)
    2013 11-1 Rd 3, 2014 7-5 Rd 2, 2015 11-3 Rd 4, 2016 14-2 Rd 6 and 2017 13-0 Rd 4 currently

4a Cuero 52-14 (total playoff games 19 games)
    2013 8-4 Rd 3, 2014 10-3 Rd 3, 2015 9-6 Rd 5, 2016 13-1 Rd 4 and 2017 12-1 Rd 4

4a Sinton 52-14 (total playoff games 18)
    2013 12-3 Rd 5, 2014 11-4 Rd 5, 2015 12-1 Rd 4, 2016 9-3 Rd 2 and 2017 8-3 Rd 2

5a Flour Bluff 44-15 (total playoff games 10)
    2013 10-2 Rd 2, 2014 12-1 Rd 3, 2015 6-4 no playoffs, 2016 6-6 Rd 2 and 2017 10-2 Rd 3
    Last edited by SintonFan_inAustin; 01-05-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    Some south texas schools year in and year out that do well possibly good opponents for 5a schools and Calallen and Flour Bluff for 6a schools for Valley to consider than the long distance opponents.
    past 5 years that have been top programs and including Cuero they're at the very edge of south texas border always region IV and been in coastal bend district.

Last 5 years
    2A Refugio 67-9 (total playoff games 27)
    2013-14-2 Rd 5, 2014- 12-1 Rd 3, 2015- 13-3 Rd 6, 2016 15-1 Rd 6 State Title and 2017 13-2 Rd 6

5A Calallen 56-12 (total playoff games 19)
    2013 11-1 Rd 3, 2014 7-5 Rd 2, 2015 11-3 Rd 4, 2016 14-2 Rd 6 and 2017 13-0 Rd 4 currently

4a Cuero 52-14 (total playoff games 19 games)
    2013 8-4 Rd 3, 2014 10-3 Rd 3, 2015 9-6 Rd 5, 2016 13-1 Rd 4 and 2017 12-1 Rd 4

4a Sinton 52-14 (total playoff games 18)
    2013 12-3 Rd 5, 2014 11-4 Rd 5, 2015 12-1 Rd 4, 2016 9-3 Rd 2 and 2017 8-3 Rd 2

5a Flour Bluff 44-15 (total playoff games 10)
    2013 10-2 Rd 2, 2014 12-1 Rd 3, 2015 6-4 no playoffs, 2016 6-6 Rd 2 and 2017 10-2 Rd 3
    Very impressive overall records.Not sure about the rest but to me Calallen looks very beatable to what I have seen ( in video that is).

Platinum

Very impressive overall records.Not sure about the rest but to me Calallen looks very beatable to what I have seen ( in video that is).
    Please don't put Flour Bluff in the same conversation with the likes of Cuero, Refugio and Calallen... They're not on the same level...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    LF as El Paso Montwood for the next 2 years so we will see what it brings
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I really don't see a "home and home" with El Paso. I'm surprised LF was able to pull that off. Even if Montwood is coming here both years. I was thinking a two year midway point game would be very beneficial for both schools. Meet in Del Rio or Northwest SA. About the same distance for both areas. I've seen those top level EP schools and they are just like Valley schools. They'll have 1-3 special athletes on the team who can take over a game. Offensively or defensively. But just like the RGV, they lack the overall team speed, size, and discipline to match up with the top tears of Texas football. I think they would be competitive games. I guess we'll see when LF plays Montwood next year.

Teams I saw were Del Valle, Montwood, Franklin, and Coronado. Montwood and Del Valle are usually the most consistent in the area and usually give the Odessa schools a good game.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Thread Information