Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    I really don't see a "home and home" with El Paso. I'm surprised LF was able to pull that off. Even if Montwood is coming here both years. I was thinking a two year midway point game would be very beneficial for both schools. Meet in Del Rio or Northwest SA. About the same distance for both areas. I've seen those top level EP schools and they are just like Valley schools. They'll have 1-3 special athletes on the team who can take over a game. Offensively or defensively. But just like the RGV, they lack the overall team speed, size, and discipline to match up with the top tears of Texas football. I think they would be competitive games. I guess we'll see when LF plays Montwood next year.

Teams I saw were Del Valle, Montwood, Franklin, and Coronado. Montwood and Del Valle are usually the most consistent in the area and usually give the Odessa schools a good game.

El Paso to San Antonio is 500 miles while LF to San Antonio is under 300. Ultimately, I agree with your notion of “trying” to meet halfway.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    El Paso to San Antonio is 500 miles while LF to San Antonio is under 300. Ultimately, I agree with your notion of “trying” to meet halfway.
    It’ll be a great game and yes Montwood is one of the top teams in the 90’s it was my Coronado Tbirds and Irvin high school but growth has hurt them. Coach Perales from Del Valle is a great coach and they’ll be playing Aledo this next season. About athlete wise yes EP and RGV matchup talent wise.

Thread Information