Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Vela should be the #1 team coming into the 2018 season, mostly everyone is coming back. District champs from 7th grade all the way up to varsity
    Did Vela beat any tough opponent on nondistrict? Vela/ Stangs playa very weak district so I order to prove they are for real the need to play competitive teams and win or alteast stay in a close game.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by LupitoLPNL View Post
    Vela should be the #1 team coming into the 2018 season, mostly everyone is coming back. District champs from 7th grade all the way up to varsity
    The loss of Nate Garcia is gonna hurt... IF Christian Flores comes back, then yes... I'd say Vela needs to be ranked top 1 or 2...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    1./2. Mission Vets/Sharyland (interchangeable)
    3. Los Fresnos
    4. McMem
    5. Edinburg Vela
    6. Brownsville Hanna
    7. Weslaco East
    8. Harlingen
    9. Brownsville Vets
    10. PSJA High

32-6A will again be a tough district no matter who's in it.
    I think Shary is probably top 5... I don't know about top 2... Mission Vets should be #1 with Gilpin and Mikey returning, that's only naming two kids, next season they should be debuting that AJ Gonzaque kid at WR, that's gonna be huge for that Offense... I'm not real sure about Los Fresnos at #3, probably top 5 though for sure... Weslaco East has to be the discussion... Vela is bringing back a lot of kids and rumor has it that running back Christian Flores is coming back to the Sabercats after spending last season with Edinburg North. I'd say they're probably #2...

So my top 10:
    1. Mission Veterans
    2. Edinburg Vela
    3. Weslaco East
    4. Sharyland
    5. Los Fresnos
    6. San Benito
    7. Hanna
    8. McMemorial
    9. Harlingen
    10. Mercedes

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I think Shary is probably top 5... I don't know about top 2... Mission Vets should be #1 with Gilpin and Mikey returning, that's only naming two kids, next season they should be debuting that AJ Gonzaque kid at WR, that's gonna be huge for that Offense... I'm not real sure about Los Fresnos at #3, probably top 5 though for sure... Weslaco East has to be the discussion... Vela is bringing back a lot of kids and rumor has it that running back Christian Flores is coming back to the Sabercats after spending last season with Edinburg North. I'd say they're probably #2...

So my top 10:
    1. Mission Veterans
    2. Edinburg Vela
    3. Weslaco East
    4. Sharyland
    5. Los Fresnos
    6. San Benito
    7. Hanna
    8. McMemorial
    9. Harlingen
    10. Mercedes
    Mercedes has 18 starters to replace. I think replacing them with either PSJA OR Edinburgh since both return some players.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Mercedes has 18 starters to replace. I think replacing them with either PSJA OR Edinburgh since both return some players.
    Yeah I thought about it also the PSJA Bears have a lot of good kids coming back but they fell off the face of the Earth come playoff time.... and yeah Edinburg it's probably honorable mention as well

Immortal

Yeah I thought about it also the PSJA Bears have a lot of good kids coming back but they fell off the face of the Earth come playoff time.... and yeah Edinburg it's probably honorable mention as well
    Mercedes will be a shell of the last 4 years.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Mercedes will be a shell of the last 4 years.
    They've got that Pequeno kid and then there's another RB/WR Jackson, I think that is supposed to be good

So my top 10:
    1. Mission Veterans
    2. Edinburg Vela
    3. Weslaco East
    4. Sharyland
    5. Los Fresnos
    6. San Benito
    7. Hanna
    8. McMemorial
    9. Harlingen
    10. Mercedes
    Not sure about putting a team that didn't even make the playoffs in the top ten poll .

So my top 10:
    1. Mission Veterans
    2. Edinburg Vela
    3. Weslaco East
    4. Sharyland
    5. Los Fresnos
    6. San Benito
    7. Hanna
    8. McMemorial
    9. Harlingen
    10. Mercedes
    Mission Veterans are too high and no way Hanna is higher than McMemorial.

And East got beat by McMemorial so why are they higher than the Stangs? Yea they made the 3rd round but it was a super easy journey getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    And East got beat by McMemorial so why are they higher than the Stangs? Yea they made the 3rd round but it was a super easy journey getting there.
    Even Brownsville Porter and P.I could of gone to the 3rd round with those two oppenants in the 1st/2nd round.

Immortal

Haha...

Immortal

Your still trying to crap on east bro? By your logic ee beat lf in non district why is ee not ranked higher than lf? You've said it many times east always has an easy road to the 3rd round, when I've mentioned last year east faced a DC vela and dc del rio team to get to the 3rd round to which you had no response.

The fact that you don't understand (or more like you hate to acknowledge) how east can be up in the ranks year in and out is based on how east has performed in arguably the toughest districts since 2010. They haven't really been in a pushover district as some teams and still consistently make playoff runs. Again 3rd round 5 out of 8 years since 2010 is why east has the respect it has. Also doing this as one of the smallest enrollment if not the smallest 6a schools in the valley.
    Last edited by Truth; 01-02-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Immortal

Even Brownsville Porter and P.I could of gone to the 3rd round with those two oppenants in the 1st/2nd round.
    Maybe memorial....maybe

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Don’t understand why ppl ask for “their” top ten the crap on it and debate it. Why ask if your not gonna be happy if your team isn’t on it? Also last years results don’t mean a thing for this upcoming year. Rosters reshuffle and next man is up.

Enjoy your off season, the grind started after your loss.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Don’t understand why ppl ask for “their” top ten the crap on it and debate it. Why ask if your not gonna be happy if your team isn’t on it? Also last years results don’t mean a thing for this upcoming year. Rosters reshuffle and next man is up.

Muskank pride is who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post

Chill homie ...It's a forum and that's why they are made for to discuss/ debat. What is said here is just our personal opinions and nothing else. If your gonna get all feelings in here what anyone posts then this is not a place for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Your still trying to crap on east bro? By your logic ee beat lf in non district why is ee not ranked higher than lf? You've said it many times east always has an easy road to the 3rd round, when I've mentioned last year east faced a DC vela and dc del rio team to get to the 3rd round to which you had no response.

The fact that you don't understand (or more like you hate to acknowledge) how east can be up in the ranks year in and out is based on how east has performed in arguably the toughest districts since 2010. They haven't really been in a pushover district as some teams and still consistently make playoff runs. Again 3rd round 5 out of 8 years since 2010 is why east has the respect it has. Also doing this as one of the smallest enrollment if not the smallest 6a schools in the valley.
    DC Del Rio ....Since when is Del Rio a powerhouse? East 3rd round trips have been a peace of cake and East has always been embarrassed in the 3rd round .Atleast McMemorial has earn it's respect when playing in the 3rd Round.

Immortal

Chill homie ...It's a forum and that's why they are made for to discuss/ debat. What is said here is just our personal opinions and nothing else. If your gonna get all feelings in here what anyone posts then this is not a place for you.
    Says the guy who's crying because another poster didn't put his team higher on the list.

Immortal

DC Del Rio ....Since when is Del Rio a powerhouse? East 3rd round trips have been a peace of cake and East has always been embarrassed in the 3rd round .Atleast McMemorial has earn it's respect when playing in the 3rd Round.
    So I just gave you an example of east having the most difficult route to the 3rd round as you asked me to provide and now you jump to something else? Again east has one of the smallest enrollments in 6a and Memorial has (by rgvtrouble] the best athletes in the valley when it comes to football. You guys havent gotten to the 3rd round for some time now and when u did you guys had a division 1 skills position player on the team. East hasn't had that privilege and still has the respect of the valley. U just can't deal with facts and look to discredit a program that has earned it's respect. But haters gonna hate.

Thread Information