Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Premium

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Weslaco Panthers are winning state next year!
    There ad said Weslaco could win state

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    We are winning state in bowling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    We are winning state in bowling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nobody is winning state at least not any time soon.Since the majority of us say it's mainly cause BSF perhaps our RGV schools should focus on hiring better qualified coaching staff and HC to STOP hiring compadres,ex high school players who don't have any knowledge in coaching a successful football team..The Valley is ALWAYS satisfied with pity results ( winning a couple of games or making the playoffs) anything beyond is not necessary or demanded from our coaches. We should invest in money where kids can go to camps free of charge or anything needed to sharpen their skills to the max and use strategy, brains to beat North teams which is possible to me.Will probably see another soccer state championship or even a Volleyball state title( Mcallen schools) before we ever see a state title in RGV football ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Nobody is winning state at least not any time soon.Since the majority of us say it's mainly cause BSF perhaps our RGV schools should focus on hiring better qualified coaching staff and HC to STOP hiring compadres,ex high school players who don't have any knowledge in coaching a successful football team..The Valley is ALWAYS satisfied with pity results ( winning a couple of games or making the playoffs) anything beyond is not necessary or demanded from our coaches. We should invest in money where kids can go to camps free of charge or anything needed to sharpen their skills to the max and use strategy, brains to beat North teams which is possible to me.Will probably see another soccer state championship or even a Volleyball state title( Mcallen schools) before we ever see a state title in RGV football ever again.
    Probably baseball as well.

Immortal

You say on one hand that we need to get out of the compadre system and hire good coaches to change the mentality and strategy of winning a state title. Then on another thread your basically bashing a coach for not having humility to stop running up the score against other teams, which in his defense was what was needed to win a state title and it yielded results. Valley teams can beat northern teams, it is the powerhouses (the bsf) schools that give valley opponents and others in region 4 problems.

As far as the valley being satisfied with playoff results...do u really think our coaches tell the kids "well i guess were playing lake travis, time to pack it in", ofcourse they dont. No coach goes into the season or the postseason with a losing mentality. So ur saying because a team reaches the area round they should not have any reason to be proud? Our community is proud of our boys and they are proud of the work they did on and off the field to get those results. To you it probably doesn't mean much since to these kids and coaches and community it means a lot. It doesn't have anything to do with pity results, it has everything to do with earning an opportunity to play an extra week for them. The fact is 3rd round valley teams are playing against not only regional favorites but state championship favorite teams.

Got to also look at the playoff picture. In 6A, we're knocking off 4 teams within the valley bi-district games and praying the other 4 vs opponents from out of the valley; 5A is also a valley bi-district matchups. 4A and below is based on teams from the region or not (ala Kingsville, Orange Groove, etc.). I don't think those schools that matchup within the valley are not satisfied with just showing up/making it to the playoffs. Sometimes the ball bounces the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    You say on one hand that we need to get out of the compadre system and hire good coaches to change the mentality and strategy of winning a state title. Then on another thread your basically bashing a coach for not having humility to stop running up the score against other teams, which in his defense was what was needed to win a state title and it yielded results. Valley teams can beat northern teams, it is the powerhouses (the bsf) schools that give valley opponents and others in region 4 problems.

As far as the valley being satisfied with playoff results...do u really think our coaches tell the kids "well i guess were playing lake travis, time to pack it in", ofcourse they dont. No coach goes into the season or the postseason with a losing mentality. So ur saying because a team reaches the area round they should not have any reason to be proud? Our community is proud of our boys and they are proud of the work they did on and off the field to get those results. To you it probably doesn't mean much since to these kids and coaches and community it means a lot. It doesn't have anything to do with pity results, it has everything to do with earning an opportunity to play an extra week for them. The fact is 3rd round valley teams are playing against not only regional favorites but state championship favorite teams.
    I think I kind of understood little of what you just said. 1- Stacking up the score on another oppenant has nothing to with state title, strategy ( That's another topic in another thread).2- I said we need to use more money( on kids)/ forms,hiring better knowledgeable coaches ( NOT compadres/ ex HS players ).3- The valley needs to DREAM BIG, Demand much much more than just winning a couple of games or simply making the playoffs and be satisfied. Yes to me it's just nothing but pity results cause the valley is still in hault with little to no results when our supposed top ten RGV teams play Laredo,S.A teams .We agree North teams are BFS so in that case let's try other options to where our kids get better estima/ endurance, brains/techniques by going to camps free of charge to our players.I don't see why our HC's coaches would object to anything if everyone involved would benefit out of it.We can't just wait for it to happen on it's own and do nothing. If your a true fan you believe in your team all the way no matter what odds or obstacles they might have.So by you saying it's not in them to beat them ,Then why are you still here? I believe in McMemorial NO MATTER HOW CRAZY YOU THINK THAT SOUNDS .

Immortal

You complaining about a coach utilizing a strategy of playing his starters for 3 qtrs even with a big lead in order so they wouldn't gas out come playoff time. That is a winning style football coach, meanwhile your worried about feelings.as far as hiring coaches aND kids attending camps...your not saying any thing different that most of us hear on the forum have said in the past so your preaching to the choir.

As far as you being a dreamer and dreaming big...that's the difference between u and I and the way we see things. Your a dreamer while I see everything wide awake. Valley kids can attend camps and get coached by nfl coaches and most of all they can believe (which is a big thing for you), but the reality is that these bsf teams attend the camps, are well coached and believe just as much as the valley squads do and they have as much as it pains u and others on here to hear it they have better talent when it comes down to football than down here. A good big kid will more than likely always be better than a good small kid.

How has u believing in memorial helped out the mustangs these past years?....and thays been with a div 1 talent in a skill position.There's lots of folks who believe they will win the lottery as well. I'm hear to route for our teams as long as they are still taking the field. When it's done they are going to do what the majority of the football teams in Texas do....turn in there pads put in the work in the offseason and wait again till next year.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    They've got that Pequeno kid and then there's another RB/WR Jackson, I think that is supposed to be good
    Yes sir you are well versed! Pequeno was the starting QB for the JV is a freshmen and did well throwing the football. He is currently about 6 ft 1in or 6 ft 2 in. and growing. Samuel Jackson another freshmen on the JV who won district is going to be an amazing running back. He will supplement Sonny Vela very well in the backfield. The beast, Alec Ramos, will also return. Another good athlete who is currently playing basketball will probably play football. We shall see next fall!

Hall of Famer

So mustangpride asked if 32-6A will remain the same and Clay Williams has posted his mock realignment with Donna North joining 32-6A and Weslaco and East joining 31-6A and it looks Donna North has hired Coach Marichilar
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    So mustangpride asked if 32-6A will remain the same and Clay Williams has posted his mock realignment with Donna North joining 32-6A and Weslaco and East joining 31-6A and it looks Donna North has hired Coach Marichilar
    I thought Donna North would move to 30-A .Atleast Vela will have the Weslaco schools to deal with.Panthers are going through some changes but East will big headaches or even take away the crown from Vela. All the other teams in 31-6A are weak.

Hall of Famer

I thought Donna North would move to 30-A .Atleast Vela will have the Weslaco schools to deal with.Panthers are going through some changes but East will big headaches or even take away the crown from Vela. All the other teams in 31-6A are weak.
    I would have thought Donna would go to 30-6A as well but with 3 McAllen’s, 2
    La Joyas and Mission (if you were to add in Donna North) it’s makes 30-6A even more weaker. Donna North is gonna struggle big time in 32-6A

Immortal

Hope the mock alignment doest hold up, really hoping the weslacos can stay in 326a....donna n throwing a wrench into that plan

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Hope the mock alignment doest hold up, really hoping the weslacos can stay in 326a....donna n throwing a wrench into that plan
    Me too, send Donna N to 30-6A where it can be weak with all the other weak teams

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    I think PI can win state in fishing, LOL

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    I think PI can win state in fishing, LOL
    I don't know. Those kids in Rockport might have something to say about that. Raymondville too since they're close to Port Mansfield.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    Me too, send Donna N to 30-6A where it can be weak with all the other weak teams
    I say put Donna North in 30-6A and move up McMemorial to with SB,Los Fresnos, Harlingen H. 31-6A is as weak as 30-6A .McMemorial/ Vela should not have to suffer and play them.We benefit absolutely nothing been there.

It would be interesting to see the McAllens get into a better district, maybe with the psjas or Edinburgs. The district they have been in doesn’t give
    Them any credibility.

It seems like every district that Harlingen is in is the best.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    It seems like every district that Harlingen is in is the best.
    Por que son los muy muy's!!!!
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Thread Information