Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Naw muskank pride let me reword it for you cause I'm sure you know what I meant but your latching on to the last year as in 2017. Who had the toughest route to the 3rd round the previous football season since you say east has always had an easy route.
    Are u pulling a typical mustangpride I'll be back when the bad man has gone away routine? Just a simple question. Go research it. Who had the toughest route in the 2016 season to the 3rd round, since you say east has always had an easy ride to the 3rd.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Top passer against what district and teams ? I saw no top QB passer against Vela and I think after the Vela game they were exposed and fell apart .
    Iagainst better teams than those in your district.

Immortal

I wonder what excuse muskank will use this time? He's already used "I'm not going to respond to name callers" and " your twisting my words around" to invoking houndfan to get out of answering the question. There is no level he won't stoop too. Or maybe he'll surprise us all and bust out a new one.

Premium

1-mcallen memorial
    2-vela-
    3-mission vets
    4-sharryland
    5-brownsville vets
    6-san benito
    7-hanna
    8-psja
    9-edcouch elsa
    10-TIE/weslaco east/cardinals
    From mr.Selbers

“You play Thanksgiving Week, you are the real deal.” Or some such.

But to play beyond it, after the leftovers are gone and the world returns to work, that is something else. Only the class teams in the state play football in December. And in 2011, that means Harlingen…one of the best teams in the state. The state.

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    1-mcallen memorial
    2-vela-
    3-mission vets
    4-sharryland
    5-brownsville vets
    6-san benito
    7-hanna
    8-psja
    9-edcouch elsa
    I would have to probably wait after non-district game ends till I start ranking teams from 1-10 .We have too many unanswered questions for the majority of the RGV teams .But the teams you just listed looks good and valid but not sure about who comes Who 1st,2nd etc.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by bigred View Post
    1-mcallen memorial
    2-vela-
    3-mission vets
    4-sharryland
    5-brownsville vets
    6-san benito
    7-hanna
    8-psja
    9-edcouch elsa
    San Benito has been top valley team last 2 years, and their backups saw plenty of playing time just past, Weslaco East have been winning with that simple offense and look for them to continue, and Harlingen will continue to slide down 5-5 maybe again.

1. SB
    2. Memor
    3. WE
    rest pick a number.

Immortal

1 San Bene
    2 Mc Memorial
    3 Vela
    4 Hanna
    5 Los Fresnos
    6 Sharyland
    7 East
    8 PSJA
    9 Mission Vets
    10 Edinburgh
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

I wonder if SB & McMemorial will continue to schedule each other on non-district ? It has been a really good back and forth fights and feels like a rivalry starting to build .It's a positive / beneficial playoff astmophere every time they go at it.

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    1 San Bene
    2 Mc Memorial
    3 Vela
    4 Hanna
    5 Los Fresnos
    6 Sharyland
    7 East
    8 PSJA
    9 Mission Vets
    10 Edinburgh
    Where is EE considering you predicted the Jackets beating out Shary for the DC?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    They will be there at the end.

They will be there at the end.
    So a pre-season poll, alright.

Immortal

So a pre-season poll, alright.
    Yeah. I want everyone to sleep on the fact that E-E finish 5-5.
    Last edited by lmka; 01-04-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Yeah. I want everyone to sleep on the fact that E-E finish 5-5.
    EE is EE. That 5-5 record won’t play a factor. Plus, was EE even readily whipped in those five losses? I doubt it. You did mention that three of those losses could have gone either way, what about the other two?

Platinum

This is what I know about EE going into next season... Their QB Albert Trevino can flat out run, IF he can get past the secondary, there aren't a lot of people in the RGV that can run him down, in all acuality Albert is probably a better WR... I personally would keep him at QB unless they can find someone to get him the ball, until then, Albert is their best athlete and needs to have the ball in his hands every play... EE RB Jared De Los Santos is probably gonna be the leading rusher in 16-5A DII, unless he splits carries, he's a very capable runner and probably even better catching the ball... He's not fast, but he's shifty with good balance and vision... EE's biggest loss is the graduation of Marc Lara, I saw him vs Vela and he was a problem for that Sabrecat Defense... I think Sharyland will beat them, but if Chavez schemes his Jackets right, they'll be in contention.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    This is what I know about EE going into next season... Their QB Albert Trevino can flat out run, IF he can get past the secondary, there aren't a lot of people in the RGV that can run him down, in all acuality Albert is probably a better WR... I personally would keep him at QB unless they can find someone to get him the ball, until then, Albert is their best athlete and needs to have the ball in his hands every play... EE RB Jared De Los Santos is probably gonna be the leading rusher in 16-5A DII, unless he splits carries, he's a very capable runner and probably even better catching the ball... He's not fast, but he's shifty with good balance and vision... EE's biggest loss is the graduation of Marc Lara, I saw him vs Vela and he was a problem for that Sabrecat Defense... I think Sharyland will beat them, but if Chavez schemes his Jackets right, they'll be in contention.
    Ayala will play some offense this year beside play FS. He has very good hands

Heisman Winner

Congrats to that kicker from raymondsville. He is one of my brother in law students and he tells me very smart and humble individual. Someone needs to help him in his recruiting journey. Can anyone help him. Contact his coach. This is great honors and big time recognition.

1 San Bene
    2 Mc Memorial
    3 Vela
    4 Hanna
    5 Los Fresnos
    6 Sharyland
    7 East
    8 PSJA
    9 Mission Vets
    10 Edinburgh
    I know you have Hanna ,PSJA .But when was the last time a team that has not been consistent come back the following year to pick up where it had left the year before? Will probably have those consistent teams like EE,Harlingen H, Weslaco H coming back to fill those top ten spots.We might see a new team shinning and stunning everyone.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    I know you have Hanna ,PSJA .But when was the last time a team that has not been consistent come back the following year to pick up where it had left the year before? Will probably have those consistent teams like EE,Harlingen H, Weslaco H coming back to fill those top ten spots.We might see a new team shinning and stunning everyone.
    Its the pre season poll. Usually the pretenders fade away by week 3.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    San Benito has been top valley team last 2 years, and their backups saw plenty of playing time just past, Weslaco East have been winning with that simple offense and look for them to continue, and Harlingen will continue to slide down 5-5 maybe again.

1. SB
    2. Memor
    3. WE
    rest pick a number.
    yes the last 2 years with probably the best QB and best Running back there gone dude... and I don't know how many more are gone it's always tough to come back the next year after a very successful season like they had last year BUT Leal will teach them well they will be there But no way like last year........
    From mr.Selbers

“You play Thanksgiving Week, you are the real deal.” Or some such.

But to play beyond it, after the leftovers are gone and the world returns to work, that is something else. Only the class teams in the state play football in December. And in 2011, that means Harlingen…one of the best teams in the state. The state.

Thread Information