Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    You got to be real with your program and that's the fact in Port Isabel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    Exactly. We're not trying to be jerks or anything. Just keeping things real, and the reality is under the current leadership, PI is nowhere close to where it needs to be unless things change. That change needs to happen sooner rather than later, otherwise the damage done will be irreparable.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Exactly. We're not trying to be jerks or anything. Just keeping things real, and the reality is under the current leadership, PI is nowhere close to where it needs to be unless things change. That change needs to happen sooner rather than later, otherwise the damage done will be irreparable.
    At this moment pi is treading water

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    At this moment pi is treading water

Nope, I think they are drowning.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    Drowning while tied to an anchor at the bottom of the Intercoastal Waterway directly beneath the Queen Isabella Causeway.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    Can't argue with that

Premium

Drowning while tied to an anchor at the bottom of the Intercoastal Waterway directly beneath the Queen Isabella Causeway.
    The school board and sup are the ones who provided the heavy anchor while providing a boat that is not seaworthy

Last edited by Rang66; 12-29-2017 at 09:24 PM.

So P.I has talented , skilled players but the issue here is the coaching staff?How are the JV kids doing lately?

Hall of Famer

Growing up in La Feria, I know all too well how dominant of a football program Port Isabel had. They were the most storied program in the valley. It will be a shame if they become a mediocre program. Good luck to the tarpons, hope they can get their swagger back.
    Last edited by Rattlerbacker; 12-29-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    So P.I has talented , skilled players but the issue here is the coaching staff?How are the JV kids doing lately?
    That's a pretty loaded question.

Let's just say, my answer would get me in trouble with Chuck. I'd like to keep my record clean, tyvm.

That's a pretty loaded question.

Let's just say, my answer would get me in trouble with Chuck. I'd like to keep my record clean, tyvm.
    Gotcha...Hope Tarpons gets back to it's winning tradition once again for the sake of the kids and give back the proud pride P.I community always had.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Gotcha...Hope Tarpons gets back to it's winning tradition once again for the sake of the kids and give back the proud pride P.I community always had.
    We definitely need to get the fans back attendance was extremely low never in my life have I seen it like this, oh well

Heisman Winner

All damage is repairable in a traditional program like PI but the ? is how long will they allow program to decay.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    All damage is repairable in a traditional program like PI but the ? is how long will they allow program to decay.
    Word is they're giving him another year, which to me, is unfathomable. What the powers that be in PI see in this guy is beyond me.

How long has it been decaying in your opinion? I don't agree with decaying at all. If its decaying like you put it then it started way before any new coaches got there. Maybe it takes another year or two but I say this is just a bump.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    How long has it been decaying in your opinion? I don't agree with decaying at all. If its decaying like you put it then it started way before any new coaches got there. Maybe it takes another year or two but I say this is just a bump.
    It's really a matter of opinion, but I'd say the hiring of Infante is when the decay really got going. I mean, a 2-8 result speaks for itself after a 9-2 season just 1 year ago.
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 12-30-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Premium

At this point it's a mountain

Heisman Winner

In my opinion it started last fall with the only wins against Hidalgo and Progreso . Those teams might have combined for 2 wins this year. PI's loses were ugly. They say attendance dropped as well. They were projected to finish 2nd in polls and only won those 2 games.

In '12 they made 4th round, 'in '13 they made 3rd round. In '16 they were 9-2 and district co-champs. They battle Sweeney in a close bi-district game. They also beat a highly touted St Joseph team that had Ricardo Miner and Kai. The program had been solid.
    Last edited by redwave; 12-30-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Hall of Famer

Mercedes will be okay we have some holes to fill like everyone else. We have some great talent coming thru these 4 years just will see who ends up where playing where we may need skilled players . Jv won district and our 9th grade had to play with some injuries are familiar with our offense ...
    Defense is always tough .well see after non district to see where the players end up. ..
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 12-31-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Mercedes will be okay we have some holes to fill like everyone else. We have some great talent coming thru these 4 years just will see who ends up where playing where we may need skilled players . Jv won district and our 9th grade had to play with some injuries are familiar with our offense ...
    Defense is always tough .well see after non district to see where the players end up. ..
    Some holes? 18 Srs.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

In my opinion it started last fall with the only wins against Hidalgo and Progreso . Those teams might have combined for 2 wins this year. PI's loses were ugly. They say attendance dropped as well. They were projected to finish 2nd in polls and only won those 2 games.

In '12 they made 4th round, 'in '13 they made 3rd round. In '16 they were 9-2 and district co-champs. They battle Sweeney in a close bi-district game. They also beat a highly touted St Joseph team that had Ricardo Miner and Kai. The program had been solid.
    That is my point your making, PI has done well recently so the decaying usage is a little extreme, just difference of words. If the new coaches don't produce the next year or after I doubt PI with so much tradition will keep him around. I hope for PI's sake the compadre system hasn't taken hold.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Thread Information