Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Elm street View Post
    How so?
    Another Coach that either didn't get an interview or got hired.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Immortal

Really like what he said during the press conference. " Your Season Doesn't Start When The Season Starts" It Starts In The Off-Season". I can see the players dedicating themselves with the new strength and conditioning coach coming. The reason I see it because where this new coaching staff comes from.

Immortal

All I have say is Wow!!! to the reception that Coach Chavez got when he arrived at Edcouch Elsa.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    All I have say is Wow!!! to the reception that Coach Chavez got when he arrived at Edcouch Elsa.
    Yes, saw it on tv last nite, liked his comment about rd 4. Good luck to him.

Immortal

Talk to some of the players. I can say one thing they are real excited and can't wait till after the X-Mas vacations to start taking care of business.

Immortal

I really want to congratulate my Nephew E-E FS for being the only Valley 5A football player to make 1st or 2nd All State Team. 2nd team DB. Derik Ayala.

Hall of Famer

No politics involved in who plays. Does he know where he is at? The sound of NFL and collegiate experience sounds good. So it's safe to say that a few of the the coaching staff will be out of towners. This is what the valley has been wanting, experience at next level, out of towners, no politics, fundamental, early start. Can't wait to see how things play out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteerClear View Post
    No politics involved in who plays. Does he know where he is at? The sound of NFL and collegiate experience sounds good. So it's safe to say that a few of the the coaching staff will be out of towners. This is what the valley has been wanting, experience at next level, out of towners, no politics, fundamental, early start. Can't wait to see how things play out.
    A lot has been written about compadrismo in the RGV and hiring only RGV experience. Well EE seems to have broken the mold and hired someone from up north with a variety of experience. I just hope that the new coach is given the support and time he needs to establish his program and succeed. Best of Luck to Coach Chavez and EE.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    A lot has been written about compadrismo in the RGV and hiring only RGV experience. Well EE seems to have broken the mold and hired someone from up north with a variety of experience. I just hope that the new coach is given the support and time he needs to establish his program and succeed. Best of Luck to Coach Chavez and EE.
    Some from the old E-E staff did apply. But were told that E-E was going in a different direction. The top 6 candidates were from out if the Valley. I believe 2 were from out of state. I was told they had over 50 applicants.

Hall of Famer

How much of a cleaning house is this guy going to do? From what I read has bringing more than a few.
    Last edited by SteerClear; 12-20-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Heisman Winner

I see EE as a stepping stone for Chavez. I don't think he will hang around much if he is successful there. A young hungry coach will move on to the higher ranks.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    I see EE as a stepping stone for Chavez. I don't think he will hang around much if he is successful there. A young hungry coach will move on to the higher ranks.
    I've been told he has no plans on moving on... But that's all just hear say... Chavez is friends with a close friend of mine, he has been very well schooled on RGV football and what we expect down here, especially programs like EE... I hope he sticks around.
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 12-22-2017 at 03:05 PM.

Super Moderator

Chavez will do good. He will bring an OC and a DC.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by E-E PoWeR HoUsE View Post
    Chavez will do good. He will bring an OC and a DC.
    Hell yeah. Why do you think there are no Mercy posting.

Quote Originally Posted by elcontrol View Post
    Vela, Harlingen, South, and a few others have hired coaches from up north.

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Vela, Harlingen, South, and a few others have hired coaches from up north.
    But how many brought some coaches with them. The only one if I'm not mistaken was Ford

But how many brought some coaches with them. The only one if I'm not mistaken was Ford
    Vela brought Coord. From other areas. Both had Laredo coaching experience, but they also coached other places not in valley or Laredo

I'm pretty sure the Mission coaches are from the SA area.

Yea, so EE didn't break the mold.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Mission coaches are from the SA area.
    Umm, dnt think so....

Thread Information