Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

In a serious note , where did it go bad for PI? Was it the HC hiring ?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by TarpnForce73 View Post
    Maybe start this in the Basketball thread. Good to hear something is up for the Tarpons. Don't know much about it. Who are the stars etc.?? I will start it in the Basketball thread.
    Soph 6 foot stud Daniel Rinza...JR Tommy Zurita .....soph Dennis Lozana etc just to name a few of the 10 guys coming back next year
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Hall of Famer

And yes good Idea to start a PI basketball thread

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    In a serious note , where did it go bad for PI? Was it the HC hiring ?
    Definitely.

Junior Varsity

Rang66 you should run for school board. I'll vote for you.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RipTide11 View Post
    Rang66 you should run for school board. I'll vote for you.
    So would I! Seriously.....

Things need to change. Bigly!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    So would I! Seriously.....

Things need to change. Bigly!
    Bigly that is serious talk. lol
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Damn day light savings time. We just lost an hour.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Premium

Puro crickets in pi land

Heisman Winner

crickets happen when you win 2 games and don't return a lot of talent. Perhaps a change in culture as a recent article said (basketball) , How sad.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    crickets happen when you win 2 games and don't return a lot of talent. Perhaps a change in culture as a recent article said (basketball) , How sad.
    There's definitely talent there. I'm just going to leave it at that though, because if I elaborate any further, I'll get in trouble.

Premium

One thing is for sure we will find out soon enough
    Now if this dont work out i want to know who will be held accountable? The sup? The board? The coaches? The kids?
    Cant blame the sup she never makes a mistake. I wont blame the kids nor coaches. This blame is 100% the board for allowing it to happen. The board enables the sup to do as she pleases. Things go south in tarpon land its all on the board.
    They all need to be held accountable. The biggest question is will the town hold them accountable? My answer is no. So i dont expect anything to change

Heisman Winner

Off season weight room is a key to a program. If the kids don't respond in off season then they don't want to buy in. This new offense was a massive failure. It will take years for it to work imo. Board will realize that at the end of this year and go back to a power game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    One thing is for sure we will find out soon enough
    Now if this dont work out i want to know who will be held accountable? The sup? The board? The coaches? The kids?
    Cant blame the sup she never makes a mistake. I wont blame the kids nor coaches. This blame is 100% the board for allowing it to happen. The board enables the sup to do as she pleases. Things go south in tarpon land its all on the board.
    They all need to be held accountable. The biggest question is will the town hold them accountable? My answer is no. So i dont expect anything to change

Retired Football Guru

Off season weight room is a key to a program. If the kids don't respond in off season then they don't want to buy in. This new offense was a massive failure. It will take years for it to work imo. Board will realize that at the end of this year and go back to a power game.
    It's a combination of off-season strength and conditioning; player development. I'm not saying you're wrong, the off-season weight room only works if you're gonna go with the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" philosophy.

Personally, I love smashmouth football, being exposed to the Pro-I, Slot-T, Wishbone, and Option-I does that. The thing is the Spread is here to stay.

There's a number of things that I can point out that went wrong this past season for PI. But, the one aspect that stood out to me was the ill-advised use of personnel on the OL.

I mean, how is a coaching staff going to ask an OL to pass block when all they ever knew was to go "big on big" and the occasional trap or pulling on a bootleg??

Gotta get TEs and RBs involved in pass protection until the big fellas can execute their assignments correctly.

I'm a big believer in "it starts upfront" and that's one aspect the current PI coaching staff has to develop this off-season.Strength training is just a piece of the puzzle.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    It's a combination of off-season strength and conditioning; player development. I'm not saying you're wrong, the off-season weight room only works if you're gonna go with the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" philosophy.

Personally, I love smashmouth football, being exposed to the Pro-I, Slot-T, Wishbone, and Option-I does that. The thing is the Spread is here to stay.

There's a number of things that I can point out that went wrong this past season for PI. But, the one aspect that stood out to me was the ill-advised use of personnel on the OL.

I mean, how is a coaching staff going to ask an OL to pass block when all they ever knew was to go "big on big" and the occasional trap or pulling on a bootleg??

Gotta get TEs and RBs involved in pass protection until the big fellas can execute their assignments correctly.

I'm a big believer in "it starts upfront" and that's one aspect the current PI coaching staff has to develop this off-season.Strength training is just a piece of the puzzle.
    Big on big blocking? That’s the lazy stuff they’re doing now. Offense used to be designed around blocking angles, outflanking defensive front 7 to create holes. Wasn’t as basic as take your man where he wants to go like the zone is predicated off of

Premium

They do basketball screens now

Premium

Shady deals usually get shady results
    Guess things are done different in lyford

Hall of Famer

What do you mean?

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by osprey fishing View Post
    What do you mean?
    Things are done different in lyford