Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nfcfan View Post
    Well I only missed it cuz you edited after I made the comment.

You originally said you were being sarcastic "somewhat"
    Well, I had a feeling Hidalgo would be on the schedule for sure. I was surprised to hear La Féria and St. Joe are on it as well after the beat downs they gave us last season. Of course, my mentioning MMA, Santa Gertrudis, and Pharr Oratory were my being sarcastic. The Hidalgo and Brownsville Porter mentions we’re halfway serious. The point I was trying to make was that I felt like Infante was going to try and schedule weak non-district opponents. For the most part, I was right.

I’ve also heard Valley View and La Grulla as non-district games. Both them and Hidalgo had less than stellar seasons.

And there’s still a problem of finding 2 more non district games very late in the season. The UIL did us no favors whatsoever. However, kudos to Progreso for stepping up and scheduling Sinton in Week 3. Hopefully it helps them become a better team later in the season.

As SFiA said in the RH thread, we may need to fill out the rest with 6A JV teams.
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 02-02-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Well, I had a feeling Hidalgo would be on the schedule for sure. I was surprised to hear La Féria and St. Joe are on it as well after the beat downs they gave us last season. Of course, my mentioning MMA, Santa Gertrudis, and Pharr Oratory were my being sarcastic. The Hidalgo and Brownsville Porter mentions we’re halfway serious. The point I was trying to make was that I felt like Infante was going to try and schedule weak non-district opponents. For the most part, I was right.

I’ve also heard Valley View and La Grulla as non-district games. Both them and Hidalgo had less than stellar seasons.

And there’s still a problem of finding 2 more non district games very late in the season. The UIL did us no favors whatsoever. However, kudos to Progreso for stepping up and scheduling Sinton in Week 3. Hopefully it helps them become a better team later in the season.

As SFiA said in the RH thread, we may need to fill out the rest with 6A JV teams.
    NOOOOOOOO!!! LOL. O well. It is what it is.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!! LOL. O well. It is what it is.
    Exactly. The UIL didn't do us 4A DII teams in the RGV any favors that's for sure.

Well, I had a feeling Hidalgo would be on the schedule for sure. I was surprised to hear La Féria and St. Joe are on it as well after the beat downs they gave us last season. Of course, my mentioning MMA, Santa Gertrudis, and Pharr Oratory were my being sarcastic. The Hidalgo and Brownsville Porter mentions we’re halfway serious. The point I was trying to make was that I felt like Infante was going to try and schedule weak non-district opponents. For the most part, I was right. (LOL)

How will Sinton help if last year Progreso lost to two lower classification teams by a combined 98-20 in non-district?

I figured they reschedule most of the same opponents that have been scheduled for sometime now, so unlike you I was NOT surprised LF, SJA, Hidalgo etc have been scheduled. I could've sworn some of you were saying Hidalgo was gonna get turned around, etc so why the 180 on them?
    Last edited by Nfcfan; 02-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Nfcfan View Post
    How will Sinton help if last year Progreso lost to two lower classification teams by a combined 98-20 in non-district?

I figured they reschedule most of the same opponents that have been scheduled for sometime now, so unlike you I was NOT surprised LF, SJA, Hidalgo etc have been scheduled. I could've sworn some of you were saying Hidalgo was gonna get turned around, etc so why the 180 on them?
    So when am I gna get to see rpo's in your offense nfc? Lol.

Meh, Progreso HC has the audacity to schedule Sinton, good for them.

Hidalgo needs to clean house with their school board if they want to win in football.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Premium

Hidalgo needs to clean house with their school board if they want to win in football.
    Hidalgo should just get rid of football
    Certain things happen in hidalgo that will never allow
    Football to be successful they will not allow the head
    Coach/ad to succeed too many personal agendas among the perminant coaching staff, if stump can change it props to him
    Knowing what I know now I doubt that happens l,

Gonna be sometime from now

Someone from CC area media said "Progreso drops game with Sinton, Coach Allen again begins search for non-district game" on twitter.
    Last edited by Nfcfan; 02-05-2018 at 11:46 AM.
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

Premium

Well it looks like port Isabel is becoming a family affair
    And I am not talking about port Isabel local coaches
    Smh why port Isabel wants to go this route
    I really believe more hard times are heading pi's way

Heisman Winner

Who returns for PI besides Augilera and that small quick rb ? How will the numbers be for 2-a-days. Will underclassmen buy into system or will it become a basketball town since they are doing good this year. This year is crucial for HC . Compa system may not help if another disaster year happens. Be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    Well it looks like port Isabel is becoming a family affair
    And I am not talking about port Isabel local coaches
    Smh why port Isabel wants to go this route
    I really believe more hard times are heading pi's way

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Who returns for PI besides Augilera and that small quick rb ? How will the numbers be for 2-a-days. Will underclassmen buy into system or will it become a basketball town since they are doing good this year. This year is crucial for HC . Compa system may not help if another disaster year happens. Be patient.
    IMO next year's team will be just as bad as this year's
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by osprey fishing View Post
    IMO next year's team will be just as bad as this year's
    Agreed. And someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Aguilera's injury the one that was a career ending injury? Or am I thinking of something else?

Premium

Takes a long time to build a tradition took a year to take it 46 years back

Takes a long time to build a tradition took a year to take it 46 years back
    Hopefully PI can return to its tradition rich ways. Good luck in 2018

Hall of Famer

Forget football!!!!!!!!!.PI IS OFFICIALLY A BASKETBALL TOWN!!!will be making its 1st appearance in the 3rd round in PI basketball history this coming tues vs Somerset....and the word is that they have a chance to win this game as well....14 players in the rooster and only have I think 2 maybe 3 seniors

Retired Football Guru

Forget football!!!!!!!!!.PI IS OFFICIALLY A BASKETBALL TOWN!!!will be making its 1st appearance in the 3rd round in PI basketball history this coming tues vs Somerset....and the word is that they have a chance to win this game as well....14 players in the rooster and only have I think 2 maybe 3 seniors
    Heard PI will be getting a basketball transfer soon, if not already. Wow.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Premium

1 third round appearance in school history and you declare it a basketball town? who made it officially a basketball town?
    Its great that the boys are doing very well and good luck to them its the lone bright spot in pi along with the girls softball.

Retired Super Moderator

1 third round appearance in school history and you declare it a basketball town? who made it officially a basketball town?
    Its great that the boys are doing very well and good luck to them its the lone bright spot in pi along with the girls softball.
    It's a basketball town because the football team sucks now. Haven't you heard?

Hall of Famer

It's a basketball town because the football team sucks now. Haven't you heard?
    I think we've got a BINGO!!!!!!!

Retired Super Moderator

I think we've got a BINGO!!!!!!!
    ORALE! What do I win?!?!? $500 like at the Catholic Church bingo?

Legend

Maybe start this in the Basketball thread. Good to hear something is up for the Tarpons. Don't know much about it. Who are the stars etc.?? I will start it in the Basketball thread.
    Last edited by TarpnForce73; 02-28-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Thread Information