Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 496
  1. #21
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Well looks like infante has saved his job
    Port Isabel is in a 4 team district
    Pi already made the playoffs and the season hasn't even started

  2. #22
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Now six games with bad teams all but guarantees
    Pi will have a good season on paper and will make the
    Playoffs with out playing a district game,

  3. #23
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    Now six games with bad teams all but guarantees
    Pi will have a good season on paper and will make the
    Playoffs with out playing a district game,
    7 games, actually. 3 district opponents, 7 non district games.

  4. #24
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    7 games, actually. 3 district opponents, 7 non district games.
    My bad

  5. #25
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Waiting to see the Tarpons' non-district schedule like......

    WereWaiting.jpg
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 02-01-2018 at 10:46 AM.

  6. #26
    Premium
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Waiting to see the Tarpons' non-district schedule like......

    WereWaiting.jpg
    Don't hold your breath too much

  7. #27
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    Don't hold your breath too much
    Taking some educated guesses here....I'm being sarcastic btw.

    Hidalgo, Santa Rosa, MMA, Pharr Oratory (do they still play football?) Santa Gertrudis Academy, Brownsville Porter
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 02-02-2018 at 03:29 PM.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,014

    Default

    Heard Sinton needs opponent in week 3. Lets see what the PI brain trust will do. Maybe go with Monte Alto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Taking some educated guesses here....I'm being sarcastic somewhat.

    Hidalgo, Santa Rosa, MMA, Pharr Oratory (do they still play football?) Santa Gertrudis Academy, Brownsville Porter

  9. #29

    Default

    That’s insane getting into the playoffs like that...UIL made a mess this year.

  10. #30
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Heard Sinton needs opponent in week 3. Lets see what the PI brain trust will do. Maybe go with Monte Alto.
    Just saw on Twitter that PI needs a Week 7 AND Week 8 game. Being that late in the season, the only possibilities are with the 4A DI teams out in West Texas that are also in 4 team districts. Of course, they'd need to meet halfway somewhere. San Antonio most likely.
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 02-01-2018 at 10:22 PM.

  11. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Thatís insane getting into the playoffs like that...UIL made a mess this year.
    But looking at the map the alignment makes sense at the same time



    What's the thinking of posting these lower classification teams as potential opponents? Is there some basis? or just some more hating continuing into 2018?
    Last edited by Nfcfan; 02-02-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

  12. #32

    Default

    Is it possible for PI to schedule a team like the LF JV team for those late season games?

  13. #33
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    Is it possible for PI to schedule a team like the LF JV team for those late season games?
    6A JV teams may be the way to go because apparently, according to Matt Stepp on Twitter, those West Texas teams that are also in 4-team districts are all scheduling each other for non-district games.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Isabel
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    You really think PI is confident enough to schedule a 6A JV lol... Last thing they want to do

  15. #35
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    You really think PI is confident enough to schedule a 6A JV lol... Last thing they want to do
    Good point. You think Infante would rather roll with an 8 game schedule and a guaranteed playoff game instead of potentially taking an L from a 6A JV team?

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Isabel
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Good point. You think Infante would rather roll with an 8 game schedule and a guaranteed playoff game instead of potentially taking an L from a 6A JV team?
    Well they had no problem coasting through a 9 game schedule & no playoffs, I’m sure he’s content with 8 games & the bi-district kicker

  17. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    You really think PI is confident enough to schedule a 6A JV lol... Last thing they want to do
    I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but they could schedule MMA’s JV team if need be

  18. #38
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but they could schedule MMA’s JV team if need be
    MMA is a no go. There's some history. Really bad blood type of history.

  19. #39
    Retired Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nfcfan View Post
    What's the thinking of posting these lower classification teams as potential opponents? Is there some basis? or just some more hating continuing into 2018?
    You obviously ignored this little part right here.....

    Taking some educated guesses here....I'm being sarcastic btw.

    Hidalgo, Santa Rosa, MMA, Pharr Oratory (do they still play football?) Santa Gertrudis Academy, Brownsville Porter
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com


  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    You obviously ignored this little part right here.....
    Well I only missed it cuz you edited after I made the comment.

    You originally said you were being sarcastic "somewhat"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    ...no me hagas caso, estoy safado. Lol.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •