Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    All Star

I could see that too, but I heard he is fine with this situation and will look for opportunities as they present themselves. @Alaniz
    Last edited by bulldogs53; 05-17-2018 at 11:23 PM.
    What Doesnt Kill Us Makes Us STRONGER

Hall of Famer

Everyone knows infante was a wrong for pi,I for one am glad he's gone.pi and the men deserve so much better.bring back smashmouth tarpon football

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs53 View Post
    Honestly man, who cares? You probably played 30 years ago and you still act like youíre going to suit up next season. Move on with your life. The world doesnít revolve around PI football. Barely anyone else in the state even recognizes who you are. Trust me. Iíve been in central and west Texas for the last 6 years, and Iíve constantly had to explain that we play football in the RGV. JI didnít cheat. He was helping middle school QBs with their throwing mechanics on their voluntary time. You donít know anything about the situation. If you were as educated as your opinions seem to make you to be, youíd be the sup by now. You got what you wanted, so be happy and move on.
    Interesting. Now, honest question. Not trying to be mean to you or anything. But seriously, were these throwing mechanics practices the norm during his time at Lyford too?

Premium

Honestly man, who cares? You probably played 30 years ago and you still act like youíre going to suit up next season. Move on with your life. The world doesnít revolve around PI football. Barely anyone else in the state even recognizes who you are. Trust me. Iíve been in central and west Texas for the last 6 years, and Iíve constantly had to explain that we play football in the RGV. JI didnít cheat. He was helping middle school QBs with their throwing mechanics on their voluntary time. You donít know anything about the situation. If you were as educated as your opinions seem to make you to be, youíd be the sup by now. You got what you wanted, so be happy and move on.
    So I have to be playing to comment ah ok.
    Happy maybe but it's bad timing for everyone just too late in the year. Spin it how ever you want it's not going to.change what he did. There is one person to blame that's it. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

All Star

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Interesting. Now, honest question. Not trying to be mean to you or anything. But seriously, were these throwing mechanics practices the norm during his time at Lyford too?
    I honestly couldnít tell you what it was like for the QBs that we had. As far as working on their own. I never played QB for coach, but I do know for sure that we always worked within specific time standards as a team. I guess the major difference was that we had been running the system for over 10 years so most of the QBs worked on mechanics since they entered the 7th grade. There wasnít a lot of extra tweaking that was needed. Not sure what truly happened in this situation.

Junior Varsity

As a coach, doing anything sport specific with your athletes (other than track) outside the specified parameters set by UIL is a violation. Voluntary or not. On top of that, if you have already self reported this type of violation, you don’t keep doing it. Why not have voluntary lifting before/after school and work on throwing mechanics during the athletic period. Now you are inside UIL parameters. But I’m just spit balling here. What do I know?

Banned

*edit*
    Trashing Coaches second offense.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    *edit*
    Trashing Coaches second offense.
    Lol you all make me laugh. All I said is donít drag his name through the mud when you donít even know what went on. Nobody is spending time talking about your failed career. Donít worry at the end of the day you can still keep your season tickets and special spot on the beach by Claytonís. Nobody is going to take them from you.
    Last edited by bulldogs53; 05-18-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Banned

Lol you all make me laugh. All I said is don’t drag his name through the mud when you don’t even know what went on. Nobody is spending time talking about your failed career. Don’t worry at the end of the day you can still keep your season tickets and special spot on the beach by Clayton’s. Nobody is going to take them from you.

Banned

Well you "adults" got what you wanted. I know from my personal experience that Coach Infante did not commit any major rule violations
    The world doesn’t revolve around PI football. Barely anyone else in the state even recognizes who you are. Trust me
    So all you said said was don’t drag his name thru the mud? what other personal experiences that apparently weren’t UIL violations do you have to share with us? Well wait you seem to talk about PI more than Lyford football on here anyways so prolly not much to speak of
    Last edited by hbk; 05-18-2018 at 04:30 PM.

Premium

Puro lyford superette

Hall of Famer

Lol you all make me laugh. All I said is don’t drag his name through the mud when you don’t even know what went on. Nobody is spending time talking about your failed career. Don’t worry at the end of the day you can still keep your season tickets and special spot on the beach by Clayton’s. Nobody is going to take them from you.
    Sorry Bulldog53 ,but I'm going to have to agree with my PI peeps on this one.....Infante was a big mistake,staff was horrible and IMO embarrassed the entire Tarpon community
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Hall of Famer

Infante was just a bad fit for PI but he took a dream job that was offered to him. A drastic change in offensive philosophy got his QB's killed. From watching vid the linemen were lost and QB's got slammed. His rule breaking was an effort to speed up process but imo it would not exceed smash mouth football results. I believe the board was relieved from his mistake.

Retired Super Moderator

He was helping middle school QBs with their throwing mechanics on their voluntary time. You donít know anything about the situation..
    You do realize you just busted your own ball coach, right?

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    You do realize you just busted your own ball coach, right?
    This has already been made public. Not busting anyone, so nothing to realize. My point is that this man has a job to do. Nobody comes to your place of employment and just bad mouths you for whatever the reason may be. Okay, he wasnít a fit for PI. Thatís fine. Okay, he went 2-7 in one season. Whatever. Iím just saying what do you get out of dragging the man? Itís already been done for a year, itís over, so letís just get on with it. Not everyone is the right fit. I wrote in my first post that I hope the Tarpons find the right guy, because the kids deserve it. However, for the last year it has been all about you guys. How do you know what the kids were saying? If I played for one guy from 7th grade through 11th grade, Iím going to feel closer to that person than someone Iíve known for just one year. So I understand that blue apple thing that everyone keeps blowing up. Not trying to stir the pot, but itís wrong to just bash a grown man for trying to coach a game. Itís alright to act like an adult every now and again.

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    So all you said said was don’t drag his name thru the mud? what other personal experiences that apparently weren’t UIL violations do you have to share with us? Well wait you seem to talk about PI more than Lyford football on here anyways so prolly not much to speak of
    I don’t mind talking about the Bulldogs. Been pretty successful over the last few seasons so it’s been good. Not sure what you’re implying. Probably something ridiculous, but it’s all good.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Infante was just a bad fit for PI but he took a dream job that was offered to him. A drastic change in offensive philosophy got his QB's killed. From watching vid the linemen were lost and QB's got slammed. His rule breaking was an effort to speed up process but imo it would not exceed smash mouth football results. I believe the board was relieved from his mistake.
    Let's hope they don't make the same mistake twice

Premium

Because of of the head coaches actions port isabel
    More likely than not will be penalized by the uil
    It's heading to Austin
    Great job in one year program destroyed

Junior Varsity

What’s the list look like? Any big names? Please nobody say Todd Dodge.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RGVFBguy View Post
    What’s the list look like? Any big names? Please nobody say Todd Dodge.
    Bleak, from what I've heard. Not many applicants. Probably because it's so late in the year for the opening. Had this opening come sooner there probably would have been a lot more interest.

But who am I kidding? We all know the reason why there isn't much interest in the job. For those in the know, I won't elaborate any further than I already have.

Thread Information