Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Premium

If the pattern continues
    Stump>infante>now
    Pi is on the right track
    Amazing what can happen in one year

Junior Varsity

Well I heard 4 names for interviews. I won’t say out of respect for their privacy. But it looks like the app pool was not very strong if these were the best. Anyone know how many are interviewing?

I know for a fact Tony V applied and he wasn't even considered for an interview. I don't understand how a coach that is ranked 50th in all time wins in the state and is three shy of 200 doesn't even get an interview. That is not to mention what he does for students, community, and staff. Someone explain because I can't put my finger on it. He wins, that what he does, he did it at PI, PSJA North, Hanna, and Weslaco.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by pantherbear34 View Post
    I know for a fact Tony V applied and he wasn't even considered for an interview. I don't understand how a coach that is ranked 50th in all time wins in the state and is three shy of 200 doesn't even get an interview. That is not to mention what he does for students, community, and staff. Someone explain because I can't put my finger on it. He wins, that what he does, he did it at PI, PSJA North, Hanna, and Weslaco.
    I was shocked and disappointed when I found out Tony wasn’t even called back for an interview. This pretty much confirms my hunch that the current powers that be in Port Isabel have some sort of problem with him. As far as what it is, if it’s a personal problem or a professional problem, anyone’s guess is as good as mine.

@RGVFBGuy - I heard 5 names as of yesterday with rumors of possibly a few more. I’m asking around to confirm if that’s the case.

Junior Varsity

So it looks like same song 2nd verse. Can’t have someone that garners more respect and attention or has a stronger presence than central office. If your a follower, you have a chance. If you are a strong leader, forget about it. Word I get is the choice has been made and interviews, just like last time, are for show. Bring in the choice and 3-4 duds, the choice shines.

Junior Varsity

Tarpon1994- I hate it for TV. Also heard GC applied and no call but cannot confirm. I know there is a guy in their backyard that is a quality coach, person, and leader. I was told he didn’t even apply this time around because he knew how it would go. Also heard rumor he is getting a pretty high profile gig in the RGV so good for him if it’s true.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RGVFBguy View Post
    So it looks like same song 2nd verse. Can’t have someone that garners more respect and attention or has a stronger presence than central office. If your a follower, you have a chance. If you are a strong leader, forget about it. Word I get is the choice has been made and interviews, just like last time, are for show. Bring in the choice and 3-4 duds, the choice shines.
    Hopefully the word you heard is wrong and that all interviewed get a fair shake.

Junior Varsity

You tell me Tarp 94. You have hope, but do you truly think it’s the case?

Retired Super Moderator

You tell me Tarp 94. You have hope, but do you truly think it’s the case?
    I’d like to think lessons were learned after last year’s debacle. As far as what I think, it doesn’t really matter. Let’s just see what happens. I thought I heard a rumor of a special board meeting set for Monday evening? I’m assuming it’s to name the new head Tarpon.

Junior Varsity

I heard it was going to be fast. Which also lends to the “choice already made” mantra. It needed to be fast but how do you truly make a good decision.

Premium

I heard it was going to be fast. Which also lends to the “choice already made” mantra. It needed to be fast but how do you truly make a good decision.
    She knows best

Junior Varsity

Oh yes. Just ask her.

Junior Varsity

Looking at the schedule, 3 wins is about it. Porter, Hidalgo, and Progresso. If they don’t beat Porter, looking at 0-10. Hidalgo is a toss up. More stability there and another year in the system. Progresso is Progresso. That game could be the battle to be the first ever 0-10 playoff team.

Retired Football Guru

Looking at the schedule, 3 wins is about it. Porter, Hidalgo, and Progresso. If they don’t beat Porter, looking at 0-10. Hidalgo is a toss up. More stability there and another year in the system. Progresso is Progresso. That game could be the battle to be the first ever 0-10 playoff team.
    Progreso can only improve in year two of Frank Martinez's tenure. I give them +2 in the win column.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Junior Varsity

Ok Alaniz. Not saying they won’t be improved. What 2 games do they win? MMA is a possible. PI is a possible. Who else? Maybe LaVilla?

Junior Varsity

Sorry. Back to PI. So if PI goes 2-8 or worse, then what?

Retired Football Guru

Ok Alaniz. Not saying they won’t be improved. What 2 games do they win? MMA is a possible. PI is a possible. Who else? Maybe LaVilla?
    I got three words for you: Any Given Friday. Boom! lol. jk. Either way, they're in the playoffs already.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Retired Football Guru

Sorry. Back to PI. So if PI goes 2-8 or worse, then what?
    Still make the playoffs.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Junior Varsity

Yes. Still in the playoffs. As the 3 seed.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    I got three words for you: Any Given Friday. Boom! lol. jk. Either way, they're in the playoffs already.
    And get embarrassed good deal
    This has to one of the biggest blunders in pi history
    This is crazy and the administration sticks to the same formula. What's even worse is board allows it

Thread Information