Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Premium

After what I heard today you could stick a fork in Port Isabel football and you can thank the administration and the school board of Port Isabel it's over Port Isabel will not recover from this I hope I am wrong but I don't see it happening

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rang66 View Post
    After what I heard today you could stick a fork in Port Isabel football and you can thank the administration and the school board of Port Isabel it's over Port Isabel will not recover from this I hope I am wrong but I don't see it happening
    Just because there isn't a sense of urgency doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I mean sure, the kids won't get to meet the new coach, whoever it is, until the 1st day of 2-a-days in August. But if the new coach is anything worth a damn, then expect the kids to start getting it together by the time district games roll around.

For now, let's just see what happens. Their first attempt at finding a new coach last year was a horrendous fail even with one of the all-time RGV coaching greats literally falling right into their laps, but I digress. Hopefully they learned their lesson and find a much better, highly respected, and honorable coach to right the Tarpon ship. Better compared to the disaster that was hired last year.
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 05-15-2018 at 12:09 AM.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Just because there isn't a sense of urgency doesn't mean it's a bad thing. I mean sure, the kids won't get to meet the new coach, whoever it is, until the 1st day of 2-a-days in August. But if the new coach is anything worth a damn, then expect the kids to start getting it together by the time district games roll around.

For now, let's just see what happens. Their first attempt at finding a new coach last year was a horrendous fail even with one of the all-time RGV coaching greats literally falling right into their laps, but I digress. Hopefully they learned their lesson and find a much better, highly respected, and honorable coach to right the Tarpon ship. Better compared to the disaster that was hired last year.
    The lack of urgency the administration and board is showing makes me believe that they don't respect the profession of a coach or better yet a head football coach by the time the new coach is hired the kids will be in the second week of summer workouts they have just wasted another senior class that these kids can't have back

Junior Varsity

Tony V is always a good one to consider. His teams have been successful everywhere he has been. Best of luck to the Tarpons whoever gets the position.
    Last edited by Keith Stifflemire; 05-15-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Junior Varsity

Tony V is always a good one to consider. His teams have been successful everywhere he has been. Best of luck to the Tarpons whoever gets the position.

Junior Varsity

You hit the nail on the head Rang. There is zero respect and zero understanding about coaches and coaching. The brass gives it lip service and acts like they know about athletics but actions show differently. But, if I went to the college Bobby Knight was coaching at, I would be an expert too. ��. And of course I would tell everyone.

New guy survives longer than JI, but not by much. Until the ringmaster leaves, the circus will remain.

Hall of Famer

They will be taking applicants till May 28th last I heard
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Junior Varsity

That’s the point osprey. Kids are gone. Coaches are gone. Teachers are gone. No chance to start building relationships, evaluating, fixing the problems. It is what it is.

Premium

[QUOTE=Rang66;880590][QUOTE=rico;880584]
    I am sure you know exactly what happened[/QUOTE

Are you still running Jims Pier?[/QUOTE
    Nope stopped in 2010
    But if you are interested for a summer job
    Contact them on swordfish street
    Things are looking pretty good over there. I thought you had something to do with it.

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RGVFBguy View Post
    That’s the point osprey. Kids are gone. Coaches are gone. Teachers are gone. No chance to start building relationships, evaluating, fixing the problems. It is what it is.

Everyone loses on this deal
    The assistants are working without direction not a good deal
    This is as bad as it can get

Premium

Does anyone know pis schedule?

Retired Super Moderator

I thought I saw or heard something about "have new coach by the end of June". I don't recall where I saw/heard that so don't count it as fact. Just consider it a rumor for now.

Junior Varsity

Good thing getting a guy in is a priority. Smh

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RGVFBguy View Post
    Good thing getting a guy in is a priority. Smh
    They do interviews and of May and early June
    They won't hire till next school board meeting on the 19th.
    If it was an important issue they would hurry up they don't care

All Star

Well you "adults" got what you wanted. I know from my personal experience that Coach Infante did not commit any major rule violations, because that is not what he is about as a man. Maybe his major fault was that he cared about the kids too much, but you all don't see that. You all are a part of the political nature of the town, and then you wonder why coaches have a hard time there. Sure Coach Stumbaugh was there for 16 years, but every other year someone wanted him out (for really no reason). Tony V bolted for greener pastures as soon as better job opened up, because of the politics. The environment in Tarpon land is toxic, and it starts with you "fans". I think if you really want someone to be successful, you get behind them through the tough times, and support them and the kids. Literally for the last year, all I saw on this forum, was complaining, crying, and moaning about the same thing. You all sure set good examples for the kids, with your terrible attitudes, because I'm sure some come in this forum and read your garbage. Stop using the excuse that its about the kids. It's obviously not. It's about YOU. I wish the Tarpons best of luck, and I hope they find the right guy, but don't drag Coach Infante's name through the mud. The guy has worked his butt off for 36 years, and this was just a raw deal. Hope you find a guy that runs the ball 90 times a game for all I care, then maybe you will get off your computer chairs and start helping the community.
    What Doesnt Kill Us Makes Us STRONGER

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs53 View Post
    Well you "adults" got what you wanted. I know from my personal experience that Coach Infante did not commit any major rule violations, because that is not what he is about as a man. Maybe his major fault was that he cared about the kids too much, but you all don't see that. You all are a part of the political nature of the town, and then you wonder why coaches have a hard time there. Sure Coach Stumbaugh was there for 16 years, but every other year someone wanted him out (for really no reason). Tony V bolted for greener pastures as soon as better job opened up, because of the politics. The environment in Tarpon land is toxic, and it starts with you "fans". I think if you really want someone to be successful, you get behind them through the tough times, and support them and the kids. Literally for the last year, all I saw on this forum, was complaining, crying, and moaning about the same thing. You all sure set good examples for the kids, with your terrible attitudes, because I'm sure some come in this forum and read your garbage. Stop using the excuse that its about the kids. It's obviously not. It's about YOU. I wish the Tarpons best of luck, and I hope they find the right guy, but don't drag Coach Infante's name through the mud. The guy has worked his butt off for 36 years, and this was just a raw deal. Hope you find a guy that runs the ball 90 times a game for all I care, then maybe you will get off your computer chairs and start helping the community.
    Lol 2-7 usually does that
    Guy had support from board and sup
    Gets caught twice and then you still blame port isabel
    Port isabel possibly will be penalized
    Can't practice in the off-season period
    But what ever makes you feel better
    Last edited by Rang66; 05-17-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Junior Varsity

Thank you Rang. Wasn’t sure what all was public. I do believe JI was a quality coach and person. I don’t know him personally. There are some things that raise the eyebrows though. I don’t think he was fired for UIL violations. If you think about it, admin knew the first time because it was self-reported. Pretty sure there was a directive issued. Then caught doing the same thing in less than a year. C’mon man. The blue apple deal. I’m not the smartest man in the world but if I’m a new coach is a decent player, solid leader, VALEDICTORIAN, quality individual is on my team, I am for sure going to develop a relationship and make sure he is on board with the program. I am also going to make sure I develop some sort of community engagement program and be seen at many different events. The list goes on but you get the gist.
    Last edited by RGVFBguy; 05-17-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Retired Football Guru

I can see Infante as an offensive consultant or a passing game coordinator somewhere until there's another HC opening.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Premium

How many rgv hall of fame coaches does lyford have mr
    Greener pastures?
    That I know of in pi. Roberts, Leal, e Villarreal, tony v
    And stump will get in as well
    Unfortunately when you cheat and get caught it's like putting the bus over yourself.
    To me this is reason enough Screenshot_20180517-163201.jpg

All Star

How many rgv hall of fame coaches does lyford have mr
    Greener pastures?
    That I know of in pi. Roberts, Leal, e Villarreal, tony v
    And stump will get in as well
    Unfortunately when you cheat and get caught it's like putting the bus over yourself.
    To me this is reason enough Screenshot_20180517-163201.jpg
    Honestly man, who cares? You probably played 30 years ago and you still act like you’re going to suit up next season. Move on with your life. The world doesn’t revolve around PI football. Barely anyone else in the state even recognizes who you are. Trust me. I’ve been in central and west Texas for the last 6 years, and I’ve constantly had to explain that we play football in the RGV. JI didn’t cheat. He was helping middle school QBs with their throwing mechanics on their voluntary time. You don’t know anything about the situation. If you were as educated as your opinions seem to make you to be, you’d be the sup by now. You got what you wanted, so be happy and move on.
    Last edited by bulldogs53; 05-17-2018 at 10:42 PM.
    What Doesnt Kill Us Makes Us STRONGER

Thread Information