Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

All the talk seems to be about the PI HC being the wrong choice and who his successor should be. Valid topics of debate for this forum.

However, in a different vein, media reporting is that Coach Infante voluntarily resigned after being given the opportunity to do so or face termination. What UIL sanctions is the PI football program subject to based on the alleged UIL rules violations? Does the coach resigning absolve the football program from sanctions during the upcoming season(s)? I presume the PI ISD had a duty to self-report the alleged violations to the UIL after interviewing Coach Infante as part of their in-house investigation concerning the allegations and parting ways with him.

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    All the talk seems to be about the PI HC being the wrong choice and who his successor should be. Valid topics of debate for this forum.

However, in a different vein, media reporting is that Coach Infante voluntarily resigned after being given the opportunity to do so or face termination. What UIL sanctions is the PI football program subject to based on the alleged UIL rules violations? Does the coach resigning absolve the football program from sanctions during the upcoming season(s)? I presume the PI ISD had a duty to self-report the alleged violations to the UIL after interviewing Coach Infante as part of their in-house investigation concerning the allegations and parting ways with him.
    Good questions. Too soon to know for sure.

However, I think the fact PIISD acted quickly does take a bit of heat off them, but doesn't fully absolve them. For sure, Infante himself is gonna get ripped by the UIL and have sanctions and a public reprimand dropped on him. As for the program, I don't know.

The only thing we have to work with is the Joe Solis situation a few years back. Unfortunately, I don't recall what the UIL did regarding that problem. Maybe some of the Edcouch folks can fill us in if they can remember?
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 05-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.

Premium

Can anyone say what exactly the rule violations were, inquiring minds want to know. What did the coach do wrong and when did it happen?

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Can anyone say what exactly the rule violations were, inquiring minds want to know. What did the coach do wrong and when did it happen?
    You seem lost, old friend. I'm here to help!

http://956sportsforum.com/showthread...s-Section-1250

Click on the link in the first post of that thread, and pay particular attention to Section 1250 B 2

Premium

This hire will stay the course
    This is a waste of time and energy for applicants
    Coaches aren't the problem the sup is

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    If I had to name a top 3 of coaches I hope would apply....

1. Tony Villarreal
    2. Johnny Galvan (already confirmed he's not applying but the guy deserves his first head coaching gig)

This last guy I'm mentioning isn't an RGV guy but he's really wanting to coach in South Texas. The guy's name is Jason Strunk. He was a finalist for the Orange Grove job a couple years ago, and was the lone finalist for the Pearsall job just a month ago but the board there voted for someone else against the pick of the Superintendent and committee there at Pearsall. The guy is very highly respected all across Texas but is an unknown for the most part in the RGV. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Strunk throws his name in the hat for the PI job.
    Johnny Galvan??!!......NAMBE
    Don't look now but the Texans may have found a QB

Retired Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by osprey fishing View Post
    Johnny Galvan??!!......NAMBE
    All I said was I'd like him to apply. He's already told me personally that he isn't. Tranquilo!

Wank, wank

Pi brass dropped the ball on infantes hire, they lost all creditability! We can say this and that, but at the end kids got the bad end of the deal. The town never had infantes back from the get go. Lets do this right, this disaster is behind us! I bleed blue, bring back smash mouth football!

Premium

You seem lost, old friend. I'm here to help!

http://956sportsforum.com/showthread...s-Section-1250

Click on the link in the first post of that thread, and pay particular attention to Section 1250 B 2
    Got it, thanks for the info. My guess is there was some before school practice sessions going on, mind you this is only a guess...

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by rico View Post
    Got it, thanks for the info. My guess is there was some before school practice sessions going on, mind you this is only a guess...
    I am sure you know exactly what happened

Premium

Pi is a dumpster fire right now
    And it has the sups name all over it

Banned

Stump was a keeper

Infante was a catch and release

Will the next hire be a catfish??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    I get that 3 yards per play works for PI but maybe if they werenít so one dimensional theyíd have more success. But if PI fans are okay with a bunch of 10-2 11-1 seasons that never amount to much thatís fine too.
    So being the only 3a (currently 4a)and one of the few valley teams to make it to the 4th round the last two decades and State Semis in the last 15 years is NEVER amounting to much?? itís the RGV, no team is going to have the ďtalentĒ at all positions necessary to compete with up north teams year-in year-out, Thatís asking too much out of ANY program down here.

Until last year PI did it bigger and better than everyone, albeit Rio Hondo is on that level head-to-head now (but still not able to compete in the 2nd-3rd round) without the spread. If thatís ďnever amounting to muchĒ than idk what you want from the boys in blue but they get it done when the stars align itís Tarpon Time n thatís the bottom line

Exactly. And trying to change what is for all intents and purposes, a culture of ground and pound that has been there for generations, IMO, is arrogant and irresponsible.

Coaches can't make the mistake that just because it's Port Isabel, anything can work there. If a coach wants to come in and try passing the ball, that coach is going to have to be ok with ground & pound ball for at least 4-5 years while developing a passing game slowly over time. Still, PI's greatest strength will always and forever be the power running game. It's simply a way of life at PI that outsiders simply cannot understand.

Hall of Famer

I'm sure Stump is laughing out loud... Lol karma... Pi did him so wrong...
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by hbk View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...content_filter

Straight from this yearís Valedictorian/LB #42 Brian Chavez. Donít nothing else matter except THE KIDS and this is what PIISD took away from them. No scandals, no BS, just results for 16 years.
    Well said.... Ill vote for you if you run for SB..
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.

Adminstrator

Wishing PI the best in finding a new coach.

Just a reminder to be careful what you wish for.

Premium

[QUOTE=Rang66;880544]I am sure you know exactly what happened[/QUOTE

Are you still running Jims Pier?

Premium

[QUOTE=rico;880584][QUOTE=Rang66;880544]I am sure you know exactly what happened[/QUOTE

Are you still running Jims Pier?[/QUOTE
    Nope stopped in 2010
    But if you are interested for a summer job
    Contact them on swordfish street
    Last edited by Rang66; 05-14-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Thread Information