Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    This is a great post. This year when we lost against Lopez I over heard a parent of one of our cornerbacks saying that we lost the game because of the coaches. I started laughing and he came at me and asked what was so funny. I looked at him and asked him" did you see any of the coaches bite on the play action or was it his son that got burn for a 45 yard TD pass". Your right that we as fans tend to blame the Coaches for everything that goes wrong.
    If a skill/ technique isn't being taught by the coaches, whose fault is it then?

I've seen poor play by Harlingen defensive backs for several years i.e. the kids never look back for the ball, etc.

Is it being coached, taught, or are the kids simply not that good?

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    If a skill/ technique isn't being taught by the coaches, whose fault is it then?

I've seen poor play by Harlingen defensive backs for several years i.e. the kids never look back for the ball, etc.

V
    Sometimes you can tell them over and over again. But like in College and the NFL a lot of the DB do bite on play action. You still can't blame the Coaches for that.
    Last edited by lmka; 12-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Immortal

When my son was playing in his Jr year he was on the kickoffs. His responsibility was to defend the backside for a reverse. He took an angle towards the kickoff returns. The ran a reverse and ran it back for a 89 yard TD. So who do you blame my Son or the Coach?
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

HS coaches try and teach technique skill set but what are kids doing away from school? Are the working on it, are they watching film and breaking it down, do they even know how to break down film? Football IQ is valuable....

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    When my son was playing in his Jr year he was on the kickoffs. His responsibility was to defend the backside for a reverse. He took an angle towards the kickoff returns. The ran a reverse and ran it back for a 89 yard TD. So who do you blame my Son or the Coach?
    How often and how was the concept/skill implemented?

Lmoya mentioned football IQ. Some kids you can simply tell them to do it and they do it (they comprehend the concept). Some, you have to show them over and over via drills, talks, etc.

There are several variables to consider that will place fault on the coach and the player.

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    HS coaches try and teach technique skill set but what are kids doing away from school? Are the working on it, are they watching film and breaking it down, do they even know how to break down film? Football IQ is valuable....
    Great point.

Great point.
    It sure beats duhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Heisman Winner

Good points, but that is the nature of the business. They choose THAT line and work and placed themselves in that position. Again, that is the nature of the business and that is what comes with the territory.

Just asking at this point, but should community members (TAX PAYERS) keep their mouth shuts simply because of the points you listed?
    The forum rules say dont bash the coaches, tax payers or not, you bash coach Fraga every time the Cards lost, my fault for not reporting you Nancy and greedweeds.

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    The forum rules say dont bash the coaches, tax payers or not, you bash coach Fraga every time the Cards lost, my fault for not reporting you Nancy and greedweeds.
    The forum also says not to name call or flame bait, but that's all you do. Again, you are a worthless poster and no one cares for your asinine opinions.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 12-13-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Legend

My Social Networking

Any other schools get visited by Rice or UTSA?

Heisman Winner

Any news on ENHS?

Legend

My Social Networking

Alexander might be hiring soon.

Heisman Winner

Is Alexander even open?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by handy manny View Post
    Is Alexander even open?
    Google their HC's name in the Laredo Morning Times... Tell us if you think that gig will be opening soon...

Heisman Winner

Wow that is crazy I just read the article. Yeah I would agree it will open very soon.

Yikes....it just might....

Legend

My Social Networking

Coach Marichalar now at Donna North

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Coach Marichalar now at Donna North
    I wonder if they will let him bring some or any E-E coaches wanting to joing him. Going to be interesting if they agree to play each other non-district though.

Sounds good for Donna

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Google their HC's name in the Laredo Morning Times... Tell us if you think that gig will be opening soon...
    Lol, wow.

Waiting for more information...

Thread Information