Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 192
  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    This is a great post. This year when we lost against Lopez I over heard a parent of one of our cornerbacks saying that we lost the game because of the coaches. I started laughing and he came at me and asked what was so funny. I looked at him and asked him" did you see any of the coaches bite on the play action or was it his son that got burn for a 45 yard TD pass". Your right that we as fans tend to blame the Coaches for everything that goes wrong.
    If a skill/ technique isn't being taught by the coaches, whose fault is it then?

    I've seen poor play by Harlingen defensive backs for several years i.e. the kids never look back for the ball, etc.

    Is it being coached, taught, or are the kids simply not that good?

  2. #82
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    If a skill/ technique isn't being taught by the coaches, whose fault is it then?

    I've seen poor play by Harlingen defensive backs for several years i.e. the kids never look back for the ball, etc.

    Is it being coached, taught, or are the kids simply not that good?
    V
    Sometimes you can tell them over and over again. But like in College and the NFL a lot of the DB do bite on play action. You still can't blame the Coaches for that.
    Last edited by lmka; 12-12-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  3. #83
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,787

    Default

    When my son was playing in his Jr year he was on the kickoffs. His responsibility was to defend the backside for a reverse. He took an angle towards the kickoff returns. The ran a reverse and ran it back for a 89 yard TD. So who do you blame my Son or the Coach?
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  4. #84
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,504

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    If a skill/ technique isn't being taught by the coaches, whose fault is it then?

    I've seen poor play by Harlingen defensive backs for several years i.e. the kids never look back for the ball, etc.

    Is it being coached, taught, or are the kids simply not that good?
    HS coaches try and teach technique skill set but what are kids doing away from school? Are the working on it, are they watching film and breaking it down, do they even know how to break down film? Football IQ is valuable....

  5. #85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    When my son was playing in his Jr year he was on the kickoffs. His responsibility was to defend the backside for a reverse. He took an angle towards the kickoff returns. The ran a reverse and ran it back for a 89 yard TD. So who do you blame my Son or the Coach?
    How often and how was the concept/skill implemented?

    Lmoya mentioned football IQ. Some kids you can simply tell them to do it and they do it (they comprehend the concept). Some, you have to show them over and over via drills, talks, etc.

    There are several variables to consider that will place fault on the coach and the player.

  6. #86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    HS coaches try and teach technique skill set but what are kids doing away from school? Are the working on it, are they watching film and breaking it down, do they even know how to break down film? Football IQ is valuable....
    Great point.

  7. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Great point.
    It sure beats duhhhhh,,,,,,,,,,,
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

  8. #88
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Good points, but that is the nature of the business. They choose THAT line and work and placed themselves in that position. Again, that is the nature of the business and that is what comes with the territory.

    Just asking at this point, but should community members (TAX PAYERS) keep their mouth shuts simply because of the points you listed?
    The forum rules say dont bash the coaches, tax payers or not, you bash coach Fraga every time the Cards lost, my fault for not reporting you Nancy and greedweeds.

  9. #89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    The forum rules say dont bash the coaches, tax payers or not, you bash coach Fraga every time the Cards lost, my fault for not reporting you Nancy and greedweeds.
    The forum also says not to name call or flame bait, but that's all you do. Again, you are a worthless poster and no one cares for your asinine opinions.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 12-13-2017 at 04:10 PM.

  10. #90
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,504

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Any other schools get visited by Rice or UTSA?

  11. #91
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Any news on ENHS?

  12. #92
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,504

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Alexander might be hiring soon.

  13. #93
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Is Alexander even open?

  14. #94
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    15,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by handy manny View Post
    Is Alexander even open?
    Google their HC's name in the Laredo Morning Times... Tell us if you think that gig will be opening soon...

  15. #95
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    582

    Default

    Wow that is crazy I just read the article. Yeah I would agree it will open very soon.

  16. #96

    Default

    Yikes....it just might....

  17. #97
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    .
    Posts
    8,504

    My Social Networking

    Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

    Default

    Coach Marichalar now at Donna North

  18. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Coach Marichalar now at Donna North
    I wonder if they will let him bring some or any E-E coaches wanting to joing him. Going to be interesting if they agree to play each other non-district though.

  19. #99

    Default

    Sounds good for Donna

  20. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Google their HC's name in the Laredo Morning Times... Tell us if you think that gig will be opening soon...
    Lol, wow.

    Waiting for more information...

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •