Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Retired Super Moderator

Default 2017-2018 RGV Coaching U-Haul Report

Figured I’d get this started since we’ve already had One opening so far, that being Edcouch-Elsa.

Now, we can add Sharyland Pioneer to the list.

Per Jake Berry on Twitter: Jason Wheeler fired as head football coach @DBack_Football #txhsfb @Matt_Stepp817 @956sports

Needless to say, this one surprised me a bit.

Current RGV Area Openings as of 2/14/18: Brownsville Lopez
    Current Near RGV Area Openings as of 1/22/18: Laredo Alexander, Orange Grove

This will be updated as news on openings in the area comes available.

Edcouch-Elsa: Joe Marichalar >>>>> Bradley Chavez
    Donna North: Matt Rockovich >>>>> Joe Marichalar
    Sharyland Pioneer: Jason Wheeler >>>>> Tommy Lee
    Edinburg North: ???? >>>>>> ?????? (Can someone give me the names?)
    Last edited by Tarpons1994; 02-14-2018 at 10:04 PM.
    www.RENAMETARPONSTADIUM.com

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Figured Id get this started since weve already had One opening so far, that being Edcouch-Elsa.

Now, we can add Sharyland Pioneer to the list.

Per Jake Berry on Twitter: Jason Wheeler fired as head football coach @DBack_Football #txhsfb @Matt_Stepp817 @956sports

Needless to say, this one surprised me a bit.
    That makes no sense

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

These 2 openings were unexpected, coming after a couple of 3rd appearances at EE, and then after a District Title at Pioneer. (Unless they were told before hand about expecations) Good Luck to these 2 quality coaches and their Staffs/families.

Had to have been straight politics. It’s a damn shame the best coaches around here get taken out for doing a good job!

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by AllStarEscobar1969 View Post
    Had to have been straight politics. Its a damn shame the best coaches around here get taken out for doing a good job!
    That's all it is
    Smh

Pura Raza politics rearing its ugly head! The compadre system at its best!

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Hounds94 View Post
    Pura Raza politics rearing its ugly head! The compadre system at its best!
    Yup
    Example quarterback dad

Hall of Famer

I'm sure a lot of it is politics.....I'm not sure it's a surprise that he was let go....people from Shary not politically tied in this forum were saying that Wheeler would probably be on the way out.... Sharyland High has no board representation as far as a board member son/daughter going to Sharyland High....anyone with children on the board are zoned Pioneer.....it's obvious to me they zoned Sharyland ISD so the better athletes would go to Pioneer....Pioneer probably does have the better athletes but their records hasn't shown it in any sport really....Sharyland High continues to beat or be competitive with them even with the zoning....Sharyland ISD ratio ..students to student athlete I'm sure is lower than most schools because most kids are from MX and don't participate in sports (a lot do but most don't) ....Sharyland High has mostly those types of students and still able to hold their own....credit to the coaches at Sharyland High....hell the football team was seconds away and then OT away to going to the 3rd round which is the furthest any Sharyland team has gone and that was with a team that lost 62-0 in their first game and then got ragged on by most in here during the season.....cudos to the kids and coaches.

Curious to see who Pioneer brings in.....

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    I'm sure a lot of it is politics.....I'm not sure it's a surprise that he was let go....people from Shary not politically tied in this forum were saying that Wheeler would probably be on the way out.... Sharyland High has no board representation as far as a board member son/daughter going to Sharyland High....anyone with children on the board are zoned Pioneer.....it's obvious to me they zoned Sharyland ISD so the better athletes would go to Pioneer....Pioneer probably does have the better athletes but their records hasn't shown it in any sport really....Sharyland High continues to beat or be competitive with them even with the zoning....Sharyland ISD ratio ..students to student athlete I'm sure is lower than most schools because most kids are from MX and don't participate in sports (a lot do but most don't) ....Sharyland High has mostly those types of students and still able to hold their own....credit to the coaches at Sharyland High....hell the football team was seconds away and then OT away to going to the 3rd round which is the furthest any Sharyland team has gone and that was with a team that lost 62-0 in their first game and then got ragged on by most in here during the season.....cudos to the kids and coaches.

You know the school board is P!SSED OFF about the way their athletics have been going at Pioneer... Their lil dream of having the athletic mecca of the RGV just isn't panning out!!!! EVERYONE knows Pioneer was the school board memebers way of cutting out the Shary Plantation and Cimarron Area. I personally know several people who are interested in running for the school board, but have been disenchanted once they find out that NO ONE with ties to Shary High would have a chance because the board is run by Pioneer chronies... I wonder what they do when they are forced to rezone and we all know thats coming! Anyway, as I've said for YEARS in here... Coach Adame is worth his weight in gold!

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post

Who ragged onSharyland this year from the forum. In years yes but this year who?
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Immortal

At E-E there are 2 names that keep coming up as the the new HC. And no his not currently employed at E-E.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Who ragged onSharyland this year from the forum. In years yes but this year who?
    That dude AllStarEscobar1969 above, he talked all this trash about how great Pioneer was gonna be and how they were gonna beat Sharyland because they had better athletes... We all know how that turned out and AllStarEscobar1969 went to go hide under a rock for the rest of the season!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    You know the school board is P!SSED OFF about the way their athletics have been going at Pioneer... Their lil dream of having the athletic mecca of the RGV just isn't panning out!!!! EVERYONE knows Pioneer was the school board memebers way of cutting out the Shary Plantation and Cimarron Area. I personally know several people who are interested in running for the school board, but have been disenchanted once they find out that NO ONE with ties to Shary High would have a chance because the board is run by Pioneer chronies... I wonder what they do when they are forced to rezone and we all know thats coming! Anyway, as I've said for YEARS in here... Coach Adame is worth his weight in gold!
    What do the numbers look like. These same ramblings have been going in Harlingen for years now. With numbers so lopsided its hard to argue. HHS carries over 3,200 kids while HSHS usually hovers right above the 5A cutoff. If Pioneer and Shary are about even in numbers then coaching would play a huge role.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    That dude AllStarEscobar1969 above, he talked all this trash about how great Pioneer was gonna be and how they were gonna beat Sharyland because they had better athletes... We all know how that turned out and AllStarEscobar1969 went to go hide under a rock for the rest of the season!
    There is a problem when you count your Chicks before they hatch.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    At E-E there are 2 names that keep coming up as the the new HC. And no his not currently employed at E-E.
    Wonder if we got the same info?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Lar Card View Post
    What do the numbers look like. These same ramblings have been going in Harlingen for years now. With numbers so lopsided its hard to argue. HHS carries over 3,200 kids while HSHS usually hovers right above the 5A cutoff. If Pioneer and Shary are about even in numbers then coaching would play a huge role.
    Shary has 1709, Pioneer has 1766... Sharyland ISD will NOW be open enrollement next season because of the HUGE disparity between the elementary and middle schools... On the north side (Pioneer) the schools are over populated on the south side (Shary) the schools are very underpopulated... I am zoned to Shary side, I've heard those elementary schools are at half and sometimes less than half capacity... Sharyland has Coach Ron Adame and he's probably the best HC in the RGV, Shary was NEVER supposed to be as good as we were when we were one school... Guaging by what I have seen this season and from the up and comers, I'd say the Rattlers will be back on top very soon... Just my opinion

Retired Super Moderator

Based on what I've read so far regarding the Sharyland Pioneer situation, it sounds like Jason Wheeler was let go because he wasn't quite meeting expectations? Or under-achieving?

Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Based on what I've read so far regarding the Sharyland Pioneer situation, it sounds like Jason Wheeler was let go because he wasn't quite meeting expectations? Or under-achieving?
    Because he didn't win a state championship
    Or didn't use the kids correctly
    Last edited by Rang66; 11-30-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Sharyland does have a board member who is married to Coordinators wife’s sister and she does have son at school you do the math

I stand corrected this was all The Athletic Coordinator s decision which was supported by The AD Wonder what the coordinators track record was when he was a head coach anybody ? Bad look for even Mighty Sharyland ISD

Thread Information