Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Coach Marichalar now at Donna North
    Congratulations to Joe Marichalar. Hope he turn the North program around and show the Idiots at E-E School Board what a HC that doesn't have his hands tied down since day one what he can do.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

Hall of Famer

Marichalar at Donna North. There is no way you can say the compadres system is strong in Donna anymore. We have all new school board members that are not of the well known political families, which have plagued the school system for decades.
    Step in a good direction for school board only time will show. As for the hire it looks good. I wish the guys from the North luck and the coach as well.
    Last edited by SteerClear; 01-10-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Hall of Famer

Marichalar at Donna North. There is no way you can say the compadres system is strong in Donna anymore. We have all new school board members that are not of the well known political families, which have plagued the school system for decades.
    Step in a good direction for school board only time will show. As for the hire it looks good. I wish the guys from the North luck and the coach as well.
    Last edited by SteerClear; 01-10-2018 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteerClear View Post
    Why isn't Donna H doing the same ?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    I'd say they will give Leal another year or two but that's pushing it. Donna is looking at yet another down year, 20 to 25 + graduated from a 40 some man roster. That makes 3 straight years that Donna losses major numbers to graduation. This may be the final straw for Leal. Staying in 5A may have favored the coach though, at least in this class we may make the playoffs. I have to imagine that no matter what 6A district Donna would have ended up they would have been at the bottom at least in 5A we have a fighting chance.

I'd say they will give Leal another year or two but that's pushing it. Donna is looking at yet another down year, 20 to 25 + graduated from a 40 some man roster. That makes 3 straight years that Donna losses major numbers to graduation. This may be the final straw for Leal. Staying in 5A may have favored the coach though, at least in this class we may make the playoffs. I have to imagine that no matter what 6A district Donna would have ended up they would have been at the bottom at least in 5A we have a fighting chance.
    Really sad for the hard die Skins fans. My very close friends who were season ticket holders want nothing to do ,hear about football until they see staff members leave.

Retired Football Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    Leal and staff have been there since the late '90s, if I'm not mistaken. So, they're getting ready to retire. Donna ISD is just "probably" doing them a favor of keeping them on. Nothing wrong with that to want to take care of employees, but the student-athletes are the ones that suffer for it.

SOME, NOT ALL Tenured educators/coaches tend to slack off.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...30270892990464

SOURCE: #Kansas is set to hire #TAMU quality control special teams/tight ends assistant Jeremy Springer as the Jayhawks new special teams coordinator.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...30270892990464

SOURCE: #Kansas is set to hire #TAMU quality control special teams/tight ends assistant Jeremy Springer as the Jayhawks new special teams coordinator.
    That was the twin that went there, or was it Justin?

Jeremy played QB at Los Fresnos went to UTEP. Justin Springer LB went to Kansas is currently assistant strength coach at Rutgers . Great kids and showed that with hard work and dedication you can make it big if you set your goals high.

Legend

My Social Networking

Well, Alexander coach reassigned
    Last edited by lmoya; 01-12-2018 at 05:18 PM.

All Star

Well, Alexander coach reassigned
    That is a big job that opened up. He has done a tremendous job over there for the past decade.

I wonder if any valley coaches are going to apply up there or they are going to hire one from the Laredo area.

Any word on Edinburg North yet?

All Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher Bum View Post
    I wonder if any valley coaches are going to apply up there or they are going to hire one from the Laredo area.

Any word on Edinburg North yet?
    North was down to 3 or 4 finalists. Board meeting on Tuesday. Heard that the finalists were in no particular order, Assistant at North, DC from San Benito, Head Baseball Coach at North, and HC from East Texas.

Moderator in Training

Every team gets hit with injuries but Donna High has been hit hard every year. Last year they lost all their running backs to injury. This year they were without their best running back, Alvarado. Then they lost their starting quarterback and second string quarterback to injuries. They are not a very deep team and its hard to win when you lose that many kids.
    I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boost View Post
    Every team gets hit with injuries but Donna High has been hit hard every year. Last year they lost all their running backs to injury. This year they were without their best running back, Alvarado. Then they lost their starting quarterback and second string quarterback to injuries. They are not a very deep team and its hard to win when you lose that many kids.
    Injuries happens to everyone but Donna's reasons for not competing with it's districts since Donna left 30-5A ( Mcallen schools, Sharyland,La Joya schools ) .Donna has shown no life , ambition, hunger since then .Everything that has to do with Donna football is embarrassing and a joke.We all know that all the big guys in charge are just rubbing each others back, cashing in and laughing at everyone's faces.

Legend

My Social Networking

DeSoto is open

Retired Super Moderator

DeSoto is open
    Not in the Valley, so therefore irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Extremely relevant. Lord Gomez will fill the position, opening the Harlingen gig.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow SintonFan_inAustin On Twitter
    Visit SintonFan_inAustin's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Tarpons1994 View Post
    Orange Grove is open

Thread Information