Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    I'm talking about why you couldn't do anything against Weslaco East. I'm just using the Alice/Sharyland game as an example of how not having Klein for that Weslaco East game probably changed everything.
    Without Klein and the starting QB.. and losing a starting offensive tackle early in the game. East would have be tough enough to beat with those starters playing. Yes Klein will be hard to replace, but the Rattlers have enough weapons this year.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Blake changes everything because of his juke moves. Had you not had him for our game I could see Alice holding you to next to nothing points. I don't mean it to say he's your entire team. I'm just saying he changes everything a defense can do.
    Like jesus touched on, we were missing Adrian Solis for the Alice and Pace game, we lost him vs Mission Vets... He's quicker and faster than Blake was, he didn't get the reps Blake did because Blake was very established from the season prior, but when he did he averaged over 10.5yards per carry to Blake's 10.4 yards and averaged 16.3 yards per reception to Blakes 17.6... Solis is VERY explosive and will need to be accounted for... When we played Weslaco East, we played them without Edgar Longoria our starting QB, the back up QB that you saw vs Alice was on JV at the time and we were using a kid who was a good athlete, but not a QB vs East, starting in his 1st varsity game... We couldn't complete a pass that game, Blake got some playing time, albeit not much and we just had no answer for East that early in the season... Next season I can see Sharyland being MUCH better... We're gonna miss Blake, but we missed Seth the season prior to that, we missed Lance the season prior to that and so on and so forth... Someone always steps up, next season will be no different.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    Without Klein and the starting QB.. and losing a starting offensive tackle early in the game. East would have be tough enough to beat with those starters playing. Yes Klein will be hard to replace, but the Rattlers have enough weapons this year.
    I don't know if Alejandro Cardenas moved to Shary or not... I'm excited to see how Fernie Cardenas, Adrian Solis, Hector Zavala and Daniel Escalera do inside... Not to mention the Outside WRs like 110H Area Champion Ruben Davila (49rec), Gabriel Tamez (35rec) and speedster Joe Gomez do, all those boys are over 6'0 tall and can all move... Javo Lopez is gonna be a senior next season at starting MLB, that should be fun to watch too

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    So did that kid from Klein transfer to Shary? I believe his name was Alejandro Cardenas, Fernie Cardenas relative.
    He has lived in Sharyland his whole life and his brother played for Shary too in 10-12

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    He has lived in Sharyland his whole life and his brother played for Shary too in 10-12’
    Received confirmation, Alejandro Cardenas will NOT be transferring to Sharyland

Damn, back to the homegrown kids it is...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Damn, back to the homegrown kids it is...
    We've got plenty...

He has lived in Sharyland his whole life and his brother played for Shary too in 10-12’
    This was just towards BK. Not The Cardenas kid.

Platinum

This was just towards BK. Not The Cardenas kid.
    Yeah, his brother was a LB

Platinum

Just left Sharyland's spring practice, I like what I saw from Shary's DBs, I think they are going to be one of the strengths of the Sharyland Defense. Javo Lopez as usual looked dominant at MLB, I think we are really going to miss him when he graduates. Another MLB caught my attention too, I don't know what grade he's in, but he was on the 2nd team, not super tall, but thick... He laid the lumber on two plays that drew reaction from the crowd... I came away really impressed with two kids, one was 2nd team QB Oscar Valdez... This is the boy who played varsity vs Rio Grande City, Pace and Alice... He looked VERY good, he has obviously been putting in work in the weight room and on his speed, he looks like a totally different player physically, not that the starter Edgar looked bad, but Oscar really caught my eye.... The other kid that left me very intrigued was a JV QB/Slot... I don't know his name, but he looked extremely shifty and explosive at QB, then looked even more explosive in the Slot... I wonder if he'll get moved up to play Varsity...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Just left Sharyland's spring practice, I like what I saw from Shary's DBs, I think they are going to be one of the strengths of the Sharyland Defense. Javo Lopez as usual looked dominant at MLB, I think we are really going to miss him when he graduates. Another MLB caught my attention too, I don't know what grade he's in, but he was on the 2nd team, not super tall, but thick... He laid the lumber on two plays that drew reaction from the crowd... I came away really impressed with two kids, one was 2nd team QB Oscar Valdez... This is the boy who played varsity vs Rio Grande City, Pace and Alice... He looked VERY good, he has obviously been putting in work in the weight room and on his speed, he looks like a totally different player physically, not that the starter Edgar looked bad, but Oscar really caught my eye.... The other kid that left me very intrigued was a JV QB/Slot... I don't know his name, but he looked extremely shifty and explosive at QB, then looked even more explosive in the Slot... I wonder if he'll get moved up to play Varsity...
    What kind of a crowd does a Shary spring practice draw on a Thursday?

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by christofire View Post
    You'd be surprised

Platinum

A lot of students and some parents...

A lot of students and some parents...
    I've always seen in movies and shows where the super fans go to every practice but never knew if that actually happened.

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

I've always seen in movies and shows where the super fans go to every practice but never knew if that actually happened.
    Rgvtrouble is always there, reservered seats for practice and spring games.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by lmoya View Post
    Rgvtrouble is always there, reservered seats for practice and spring games.
    Haha... So are you, but with McAllen teams... And now EE

Legend

My Social Networking

Follow lmoya On Twitter Add lmoya on Facebook
    Visit lmoya's Youtube Channel

Haha... So are you, but with McAllen teams... And now EE
    I’m everywhere, don’t hate.... Adams is my bro. Lol
    Last edited by lmoya; 04-27-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Heisman Winner

RGVTROUBLE, will Shary spring game be in the afternoon or during lunch time . Would like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    RGVTROUBLE, will Shary spring game be in the afternoon or during lunch time . Would like to see them.
    Lunch time , 11:30 AM on a Thu.

Platinum

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO REGION IV 5A TRIPLE JUMP CHAMPION BLAKE "THE SNAKE" KLEIN!!!! GO RATTLERS!!!!

Thread Information