Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Penetration at the LOS will slow down Camp. Pioneer did a good job in the first half against him by doing just that. Then Mustangs went to the air and loosened up the Pioneer D. Memorial will have some skill on offense but the maturity of a brand new O Line will be key to early success. New Defense will have problems with the Shary O. Should be interesting game.
    I don't know if we will get a whole lot of penetration up the gut, we do have some beef there though.. Our strength is on the perimeter a lot of size and speed, and our MLB Javo Lopez is no joke... My biggest concern, is Sean Skaugen on a keep... I think he's probably faster than anyone we'll see all season...

Immortal

Dang rgvtrouble was really hoping east kept shary as a non district opponent but oh well it was fun while it lasted. Good luck next season. I'm sure a dame will keep shary as a dc threat.

W Ruben and Gabriel being our starting outside receivers , and Joe Gomez seems like he’ll be in the mix w them. I would really want to see Maui Sanchez fully play DB at either Safety or Corner. Pref Safety with Sebastian. We’ll see in a month from now , when spring ball starts

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    W Ruben and Gabriel being our starting outside receivers , and Joe Gomez seems like he’ll be in the mix w them. I would really want to see Maui Sanchez fully play DB at either Safety or Corner. Pref Safety with Sebastian. We’ll see in a month from now , when spring ball starts
    I'm pretty excited about Joe Gomez, he's super fast and could potentially be a game breaker at WR...

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I'm pretty excited about Joe Gomez, he's super fast and could potentially be a game breaker at WR...
    Indeed! We haven’t had 3 receivers at 6 ft or taller in a while

Platinum

Yup and all three can run...

Hall of Famer

Probably the last ones were Brandon Garza, Christian Martinez, James Cole and even Diego Chrysler all played at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    Probably the last ones were Brandon Garza, Christian Martinez, James Cole and even Diego Chrysler all played at the same time.
    Great group! Specially Brandon and Martini, the Twin Towers! The TT before that was my brother Juan and Alex Perez at Lineman back in 08-10. And those years we had tall outside receivers too. No D tho

Heisman Winner

Offense was not the problem for Shary last fall . They seem to be stacked for next year as well. Coaching needs to fix the Defense. They surrendered a lot of points last fall. They need to brainstorm the game films. East, Nixon, Vets and Pioneer scored a ton of points on them. Sadly those are the only Good opponents they faced last year besides Alice in playoffs.

They just need to to keep Edgar healthy....glad Nixon moved on to 6a. Cause the Rattler defense was never able to stop that offense.

8/31 vs Brownsville Pace -----Home
    9/7 vs Mcallen Memorial -----Away
    9/14 vs La Joya Coyotes ------Home
    9/21 vs Brownsville Hanna ----Away
    9/28 vs Laredo Cigarr ---------Home
    10/5 vs Roma ------------------Away
    10/12 vs Edcouch Elsa --------Home
    10/19 vs Pioneer ---------------Away
    10/26 vs Mercedes ------------Home
    11/2 vs Valley View -----------Away
    11/9 Open ---------

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Offense was not the problem for Shary last fall . They seem to be stacked for next year as well. Coaching needs to fix the Defense. They surrendered a lot of points last fall. They need to brainstorm the game films. East, Nixon, Vets and Pioneer scored a ton of points on them. Sadly those are the only Good opponents they faced last year besides Alice in playoffs.
    Weslaco East is a bad example... That game was as lopsided as it was because the Offense couldn't move the ball... We literally played that game without a QB, yes we had a kid under center, but it was his 1st time playing at that level, he didn't have Blake Klein either... I think had we had Blake and Edgar it might have been competative... Pioneer had one of the best athletes we'll see all year with Rosales, he's even bigger and faster for this upcoming season, Pioneer was NOT good, they are a rivalry so it'll be tough every season... Nixon runs an Offense we just don't play well against, but yes.. Defense needs to be coached up quite a bit... We do have plenty of good kids returning though

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    They just need to to keep Edgar healthy....glad Nixon moved on to 6a. Cause the Rattler defense was never able to stop that offense.
    Edgar needs to stay healthy, but Oscar Valdez is pretty capable if Edgar gets banged up and we play lesser teams.. We'll need Edgar for Mercedes, EE and Pioneer for sure though...

Platinum

Great group! Specially Brandon and Martini, the Twin Towers! The TT before that was my brother Juan and Alex Perez at Lineman back in 08-10. And those years we had tall outside receivers too. No D tho
    There are a lot of kids on this Rattler team that I feel don't have clear cut position, in part due to depth... For the 1st time since the split, I actually feel comfortable with the depth of a Sharyland team... I can't see Gabriel Tamez and Ruben Davila coming off the field much, but we don't know about Adrian Solis, Joe Gomez, Fernie Cardenas, Danny Escalera and Hector Zavala... All of those boys are good athletes and got plenty of touches last season, I guess it will come down to who puts in the work over the summer to see who gets the most touches...

First day of Spring Ball for the Sharyland Rattlers! ����

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Weslaco East is a bad example... That game was as lopsided as it was because the Offense couldn't move the ball... We literally played that game without a QB, yes we had a kid under center, but it was his 1st time playing at that level, he didn't have Blake Klein either... I think had we had Blake and Edgar it might have been competative... Pioneer had one of the best athletes we'll see all year with Rosales, he's even bigger and faster for this upcoming season, Pioneer was NOT good, they are a rivalry so it'll be tough every season... Nixon runs an Offense we just don't play well against, but yes.. Defense needs to be coached up quite a bit... We do have plenty of good kids returning though
    Blake changes everything because of his juke moves. Had you not had him for our game I could see Alice holding you to next to nothing points. I don't mean it to say he's your entire team. I'm just saying he changes everything a defense can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Blake changes everything because of his juke moves. Had you not had him for our game I could see Alice holding you to next to nothing points. I don't mean it to say he's your entire team. I'm just saying he changes everything a defense can do.
    He did change the way a D had to adjust towards his style, but we also didn’t have our other inside receiver , who was quicker/faster than Blake , who will be returning for this season. Who imo would’ve been able to help the O move the ball and spread it

Blake was an excellent player and was a significant reason for the Rattler success last season. If Shary would have had a better defense they would have been much better. Hope Shary has someone comming up who will be as exciting as Blake.

So did that kid from Klein transfer to Shary? I believe his name was Alejandro Cardenas, Fernie Cardenas relative.

He did change the way a D had to adjust towards his style, but we also didn’t have our other inside receiver , who was quicker/faster than Blake , who will be returning for this season. Who imo would’ve been able to help the O move the ball and spread it
    I'm talking about why you couldn't do anything against Weslaco East. I'm just using the Alice/Sharyland game as an example of how not having Klein for that Weslaco East game probably changed everything.

Thread Information