Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 125
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Maybe those other two games will serve as tune up games...
    IMO it was a move to see how the underclass men and anyone who will return after the 2018 season , will do. This coming year is one of the bigger Senior laden teams Shary has had. After this season it’ll be rebuilding , but with some key players who are sophomoreS rn and were starting already , it’s not gonna be that bad for the next few seasons imo , but only time will tell

  2. #22
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    IMO it was a move to see how the underclass men and anyone who will return after the 2018 season , will do. This coming year is one of the bigger Senior laden teams Shary has had. After this season it’ll be rebuilding , but with some key players who are sophomoreS rn and were starting already , it’s not gonna be that bad for the next few seasons imo , but only time will tell
    This 2018 Rattler team is pretty senior laden... The loss of Edgar Longoria and Oscar Valdez are gonna be tough, but keep in mind we still return Mauri Sanchez who was a pretty dang good QB as a Freshman, a lot of people were excited about him when he arrived his 9th grade season, he played almost exclusively at WR this past season because we had Edgar, Diego and Oscar, next season I see Mauri playing WR and DB again.. The other kid that looks good is that Damian Pruneda kid at QB... The WRs on the JV were really good, #12 specifically, I don't know his name... There is also a good chance that Cardenas kid moves back to Sharyland from Houston, that will be huge if he does... He's gonna be a junior.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    This 2018 Rattler team is pretty senior laden... The loss of Edgar Longoria and Oscar Valdez are gonna be tough, but keep in mind we still return Mauri Sanchez who was a pretty dang good QB as a Freshman, a lot of people were excited about him when he arrived his 9th grade season, he played almost exclusively at WR this past season because we had Edgar, Diego and Oscar, next season I see Mauri playing WR and DB again.. The other kid that looks good is that Damian Pruneda kid at QB... The WRs on the JV were really good, #12 specifically, I don't know his name... There is also a good chance that Cardenas kid moves back to Sharyland from Houston, that will be huge if he does... He's gonna be a junior.
    Jose mireles and Joe Gomez the two Outside receivers for JV were 6 ft both. Just like the two returning varsity outside receivers. Jorge Cazares #3 from JV was also a speed bug!

  4. #24
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Jose mireles and Joe Gomez the two Outside receivers for JV were 6 ft both. Just like the two returning varsity outside receivers. Jorge Cazares #3 from JV was also a speed bug!
    Joe Gomez played LB/DB vs Alice, did pretty well... He's super fast, he'd be our fastest WR if we use him there... I think only Fernie and Adrian might be faster than Joe..

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Joe Gomez played LB/DB vs Alice, did pretty well... He's super fast, he'd be our fastest WR if we use him there... I think only Fernie and Adrian might be faster than Joe..
    You might be thinking of Max , the one who returned the pick 6 against pace. Joe only plays offense and ST. Max was a corner in JV and played pretty goodish as OLB/CB he was #28. Unless joe did play D too and I didn’t see.

  6. #26
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    You might be thinking of Max , the one who returned the pick 6 against pace. Joe only plays offense and ST. Max was a corner in JV and played pretty goodish as OLB/CB he was #28. Unless joe did play D too and I didn’t see.
    Yeah Max picked Pace, Joe played late in the game vs Alice if I'm not mistaken... He and Diego Vela were playing DB if i remember correctly...

  7. #27
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Sharyland has always been known to have some fast kids, over the years we've had speedsters like Sean Landez, James Cole, Seth Carter and Blake Klein... The 2018 season will be no different with a whole new group of speedy Rattlers... RB/WR Fernie Cardenas, Slot/RB Adrian Solis and WR Joe Gomez are names to remember...

    Adrian Solis 2017 HL
    http://www.hudl.com/v/28gTcJ

    Joe Gomez
    http://www.hudl.com/v/27upEv
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 03-05-2018 at 04:09 PM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Sharyland has always been known to have some fast kids, over the years we've had speedsters like Sean Landez, James Cole, Seth Carter and Blake Klein... The 2018 season will be no different with a whole new group of speedy Rattlers... RB/WR Fernie Cardenas, Slot/RB Adrian Solis and WR Joe Gomez are names to remember...
    Adrian Solis 2017 HL
    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/8033748/...e17e29e4fc4c06
    Hector Zavala and Jorge Cazares will be two more. But. Hector was seen last season.

  9. #29
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Speaking of Fernie Cardenas, I'm hearing a rumor that one of his relatives might be moving into the area... His name is Alejandro Cardenas AKA Speedy, he's a Soph RB out of Klein Collins HS... For those who don't know Klein Collins is a pretty solid 6A program who just lost their coach to Rice University...


  10. #30
    Retired Football Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10,167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Speaking of Fernie Cardenas, I'm hearing a rumor that one of his relatives might be moving into the area... His name is Alejandro Cardenas AKA Speedy, he's a Soph RB out of Klein Collins HS... For those who don't know Klein Collins is a pretty solid 6A program who just lost their coach to Rice University...

    Kid looks more like a downhill runner. If he does transfer, he'd fit in the Pistol.
    GO CARDS! GO 'CATS!


  11. #31
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alaniz View Post
    Kid looks more like a downhill runner. If he does transfer, he'd fit in the Pistol.
    He's pretty much a clone of his relative Fernie Cardenas, lightning quick, great vision and versatile... The possibility of having both Alex and Fernie in the backfield is pretty exciting... Couple that with Gabriel Tamez and Ruben Davila out wide and speedster Adrian Solis in the slot... Defenses could pick thei poison, Edgar would always have someone to throw to...

  12. #32

    Default

    Lord Gomez is currently is in talks getting him to Harlingen! Praise!

  13. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    He's pretty much a clone of his relative Fernie Cardenas, lightning quick, great vision and versatile... The possibility of having both Alex and Fernie in the backfield is pretty exciting... Couple that with Gabriel Tamez and Ruben Davila out wide and speedster Adrian Solis in the slot... Defenses could pick thei poison, Edgar would always have someone to throw to...
    Dont forget RB Danny E! Who Imo will do great things this year, the JV RB before he got hurt was good, I think his name is Mario.

  14. #34
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Dont forget RB Danny E! Who Imo will do great things this year, the JV RB before he got hurt was good, I think his name is Mario.
    Yeah Danny Escalera is a good RB, he's really hard to bring down... I'm happy we have depth next season, I think Danny will start at RB... Fernie and Adrian will split time which is really good... I think its a good problem to have having Hector Zavala, Luis Escalera, Adrian Solis and Fernie all carrying the ball... All are good receivers too...

  15. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Yeah Danny Escalera is a good RB, he's really hard to bring down... I'm happy we have depth next season, I think Danny will start at RB... Fernie and Adrian will split time which is really good... I think its a good problem to have having Hector Zavala, Luis Escalera, Adrian Solis and Fernie all carrying the ball... All are good receivers too...
    I wanna see Jose mireles play at Outside and Cazares at inside , should be an exciting season!

  16. #36
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Are these fast boys running track now. How is Shary's 400M relay doing ? Seems like your team has a ton returning and may lay a beating on Memorial in non district.
    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Sharyland has always been known to have some fast kids, over the years we've had speedsters like Sean Landez, James Cole, Seth Carter and Blake Klein... The 2018 season will be no different with a whole new group of speedy Rattlers... RB/WR Fernie Cardenas, Slot/RB Adrian Solis and WR Joe Gomez are names to remember...

    Adrian Solis 2017 HL
    http://www.hudl.com/v/28gTcJ

    Joe Gomez
    http://www.hudl.com/v/27upEv

  17. #37
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    Are these fast boys running track now. How is Shary's 400M relay doing ? Seems like your team has a ton returning and may lay a beating on Memorial in non district.
    Our fastest kid Adrian Solis (or who I think is our fastest) is a pole vaulter, I think he might run the 800m relay... We have several pretty fast kids Fernie Cardenas 11.19, Diego Cardeas 11.09 and Joe Gomez 11.26 but none of them are Valley's best or anything, they're football fast... I think Adrian is our fastest football player though, he really caught my eye last season, he has that football speed... Our 400m relay hasn't really been impressive, I think they're still working on who's who.. They'll be at 43 seconds by the end of the season, but I don' think they'll do better than that... We have a 6'3 220lb DE who ran a 23sec 200m along with a 5'11 DB who went 23.3 200m.... I don't know if we'll beat Memorial, but I like our chances...

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Our fastest kid Adrian Solis (or who I think is our fastest) is a pole vaulter, I think he might run the 800m relay... We have several pretty fast kids Fernie Cardenas 11.19, Diego Cardeas 11.09 and Joe Gomez 11.26 but none of them are Valley's best or anything, they're football fast... I think Adrian is our fastest football player though, he really caught my eye last season, he has that football speed... Our 400m relay hasn't really been impressive, I think they're still working on who's who.. They'll be at 43 seconds by the end of the season, but I don' think they'll do better than that... We have a 6'3 220lb DE who ran a 23sec 200m along with a 5'11 DB who went 23.3 200m.... I don't know if we'll beat Memorial, but I like our chances...
    W memorial safety gone , it’ll be a shootout. I think Javo will slow down Campbell

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Our fastest kid Adrian Solis (or who I think is our fastest) is a pole vaulter, I think he might run the 800m relay... We have several pretty fast kids Fernie Cardenas 11.19, Diego Cardeas 11.09 and Joe Gomez 11.26 but none of them are Valley's best or anything, they're football fast... I think Adrian is our fastest football player though, he really caught my eye last season, he has that football speed... Our 400m relay hasn't really been impressive, I think they're still working on who's who.. They'll be at 43 seconds by the end of the season, but I don' think they'll do better than that... We have a 6'3 220lb DE who ran a 23sec 200m along with a 5'11 DB who went 23.3 200m.... I don't know if we'll beat Memorial, but I like our chances...
    W memorial safety gone , itíll be a shootout. I think Javo will slow down Campbell

  20. #40
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Penetration at the LOS will slow down Camp. Pioneer did a good job in the first half against him by doing just that. Then Mustangs went to the air and loosened up the Pioneer D. Memorial will have some skill on offense but the maturity of a brand new O Line will be key to early success. New Defense will have problems with the Shary O. Should be interesting game.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •