Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

So first round will be 15 -5a D2 vs 16 - 5a D2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Viper95 View Post
    So first round will be 15 -5a D2 vs 16 - 5a D2 ?
    Correct

Platinum

I think it's safe to say that Sharyland has found their QB for the 2019 season, I know it's been speculated that Mauri Sanchez would likely take over the reigns at Sharyland once Edgar and Oscar graduate, seemingly out of nowhere Benji Valdivia emerges, now Benji is no fly by night name, for any of us who have seen the 8-1 JV play the kid has been ballin all season... Tonight Benji saw his 1st varsity action in cleanup duty and I don't think the Soph signal caller disappointed. Shary is gonna graduate most of their team this year, but it's nice to know players like Benji and Mauri will be there to pick up the slack...

#30 Danny E. left the bench with a hand or wrist injury. Hope it's not to serous, at least he has 3 weeks till playoff game.

Platinum

#30 Danny E. left the bench with a hand or wrist injury. Hope it's not to serous, at least he has 3 weeks till playoff game.
    I'm told he will miss 2 weeks, should be available for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Sharyland has found their QB for the 2019 season, I know it's been speculated that Mauri Sanchez would likely take over the reigns at Sharyland once Edgar and Oscar graduate, seemingly out of nowhere Benji Valdivia emerges, now Benji is no fly by night name, for any of us who have seen the 8-1 JV play the kid has been ballin all season... Tonight Benji saw his 1st varsity action in cleanup duty and I don't think the Soph signal caller disappointed. Shary is gonna graduate most of their team this year, but it's nice to know players like Benji and Mauri will be there to pick up the slack...
    What happened with Longoria?

After the year he had last season, one would not predict him playing poorly. Typically, players progress and improve the following year or years.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post

After the year he had last season, one would not predict him playing poorly. Typically, players progress and improve the following year or years.
    Longoria is still our starter, he has not had the same kind of season this year as he did last season... I think a lot can be attributed to OL play, but I do see a lot of hesitation in his game this season... Edgar had been replaced in a few games by last season's eventual back Oscar Valdez and it actually appeared Oscar had taken the spot from Edgar vs Pioneer until he went down in the 1st qt with a torn ACL... That is why we brought up SOPH Benji Valdivia from the undefeated JV team, he will not get the start over Edgar, but Benji certainly appeared comfortable running the Offense vs Mercedes in clean up duty... Last season when Edgar couldn't continue vs Alice in the playoffs, Oscar came in from the JV and nearly pulled off the W... I see Benji as the same type of player Oscar Valdez was...

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post

Just to mention , yes he did have a very bad start, but after taking over the pioneer game in the second drive, he scored 4 Tds in the ground that game, and 1 in the air, and also the very next week (this week) he led Shary to a 45-7 W over Mercedes. He might've started slow but i sure hope he continues this roll..

Hall of Famer

X
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Just to mention , yes he did have a very bad start, but after taking over the pioneer game in the second drive, he scored 4 Tds in the ground that game, and 1 in the air, and also the very next week (this week) he led Shary to a 45-7 W over Mercedes. He might've started slow but i sure hope he continues this roll..
    Although he came in and helped get the win against Pioneer he did throw two int’s in that game that kept Pioneer in it. . Oscar was the clear starter to me until he got injured. Edgar still doesn’t look comfortable to me. His decision making whether it’s holding the ball too long before he throws or not reading the read option correctly is still lacking. He’s hit or miss right now, no consistency. Luckily the district is weak and Shary will probably go undefeated and win district. I hope I’m wrong but as soon as they play a decent team i fear they’ll be doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    X

Although he came in and helped get the win against Pioneer he did throw two int’s in that game that kept Pioneer in it. . Oscar was the clear starter to me until he got injured. Edgar still doesn’t look comfortable to me. His decision making whether it’s holding the ball too long before he throws or not reading the read option correctly is still lacking. He’s hit or miss right now, no consistency. Luckily the district is weak and Shary will probably go undefeated and win district. I hope I’m wrong but as soon as they play a decent team i fear they’ll be doomed.
    Agree he needs to make better decisions with the ball.Like his running abilities. Team has a couple of weeks to get better.Whos that #2 wr....is he a sr or jr ?

Agree he needs to make better decisions with the ball.Like his running abilities. Team has a couple of weeks to get better.Whos that #2 wr....is he a sr or jr ?
    Sr Joe Gomez , should really get some more playing time , should be put in w DBs

Platinum

Joe Gomez, like Jesus said he's a senior he's our fastest WR, both Tamez and Davila are fast but not like Gomez... Gomez had one of the faster 100m times in the district.

Hall of Famer

They used #3 at safety and #6 at corner a few times against Mercedes the times they got across the 50 yard line and were able to shut them down. They're going to need them in there come playoff time and if #2 can help out also that would be a plus.

Congrats to Coach Adame on his 5th DC since HC; and first Full DC since the split

Hall of Famer

Congrats to Coach Adame on his 5th DC since HC; and first Full DC since the split
    What do you mean “Full DC?”....First year of the split they were DC....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellym View Post
    What do you mean “Full DC?”....First year of the split they were DC....
    Oml... You are correct. Dumb me, well at least I got the "5th DC" part right. . Cant believe I miss guessed the 2014 season, I was thinking pre split, but 14' was when they played CP as im sure u very well remember.

Anybody have video of Sharys long TD run to take lead. I did not see where #1 was for Tigers. That #1 sure has some closing speed.....

Anybody have video of Sharys long TD run to take lead. I did not see where #1 was for Tigers. That #1 sure has some closing speed.....
    I believe you can see it here
    http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/defau...-87e1e51f1336#

Saw it thanks....I forgot about that site....

Next weeks home playoff game for Rattlers. Will that game be on Friday or Saturday if vs Somerset ?

Thread Information