Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
    Platinum

Default 2018 Sharyland Rattlers

As Coach Adame said in his interview after the Sharyland Rattler's heartbreaking triple OT loss, no one really expected much from this group. It's safe to say the 2017 Rattlers exceeded everyone's expectations... With that being said, the Sharyland Rattler Offense returns in 2018 almost completely intact... Obviously we will miss Blake Klein, but I'm hoping we have enough Offensive firepower to make up for it... On Offense, Sharyland is returning 9 starters and several situational starters... On Defense Shary is returning their heart and soul at MLB Javo Lopez who led the district in SOLO tackles, he is our field general... There are plenty of kids on the D who saw plenty of time during the season...

2018 Sharyland Rattlers
    QB Edgar Longoria 9 games 1,604 passing 18TDs 3INTs 554 rushing 14TDs
    RB Luis Escalera 378yrds rushing 9rec 99yrds
    RB Hector Zavala 165yrds rushing 21rec 148yrds
    SB Adrian Solis 147yrds rushing 7rec 114yrds
    WR Gabriel Tamez 35rec 515yrds 8TDs
    WR Ruben Davila 50rec 516yrds 6TDs in 10 games...
    OT Josh Williams 6’1 260
    OL Claudio Martinez 6’2 265
    OL Gabriel Martinez 5’11 250
    OT Oscar Garcia 6’4 300

OLB Emiliano Becerril
    MLB Javo Lopez
    DE Brandon Mireles
    DE Servando Pruneda
    DB Sebastian Hinojosa SOPH

Key Contributors:
    QB Oscar Valdez 5 games 277 passing 4TDs 0INTs 89 rushing 2 TDs as a back up QB
    DL Brandon Villareal
    DL Angel Garza
    DB Max Zamora
    DB Celestino Pasqual SOPH

Players to keep an eye on...
    SB/WR/RB Fernie Cardenas 2 rec 31 yards in 2 games
    ATH Joe Gomez
    ATH Mauri Sanchez
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 12-27-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Heisman Winner

Shary Returns 3 out of 6 1st Team All District and 5/9 from 1st and second team players.

Platinum

Oscar Valdez Sharyland BACKUP QB

Platinum

Javo Lopez Sharyland MLB (3yr starter)

Heisman Winner

If Longoria can stay healthy they will be very good. Interesting to see who they will schedule in non-district.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by redwave View Post
    If Longoria can stay healthy they will be very good. Interesting to see who they will schedule in non-district.
    Yeah, he is really good.. The vid I posted above is the back up, Oscar Valdez, he's pretty dang good too though...

Platinum

Awesome to see Sharyland JR WR Ruben Davila playing for the UANL (Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León) vs Team USA in 18U this weekend at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Ruben moved to Sharyland from Monterrey, MX and was an accomplished football player for the Pumas Football club. Ruben finished the game with 3 receptions for 54yrds in UANL's victory over Team USA... If anyone would like to see the game, I've posted the link below, Ruben is wearing #3... GOOOO RATTLERS!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3264458

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Awesome to see Sharyland JR WR Ruben Davila playing for the UANL (Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León) vs Team USA in 18U this weekend at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Ruben moved to Sharyland from Monterrey, MX and was an accomplished football player for the Pumas Football club. Ruben finished the game with 3 receptions for 54yrds in UANL's victory over Team USA... If anyone would like to see the game, I've posted the link below, Ruben is wearing #3... GOOOO RATTLERS!!!!!

http://www.espn.com/watch?id=3264458
    My little brother and I watched this live, awesome he played! Proud of Ruben for playing in this game , he is a hard worker , he’ll have a great SR season

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    My little brother and I watched this live, awesome he played! Proud of Ruben for playing in this game , he is a hard worker , he’ll have a great SR season
    He and Gabriel Tamez are gonna be tough to stop next season... I see Adrian Solis taking over Blake's role, if Solis plays at all...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    He and Gabriel Tamez are gonna be tough to stop next season... I see Adrian Solis taking over Blake's role, if Solis plays at all...
    Why wouldn't he play?

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlerbacker View Post
    Why wouldn't he play?
    I was told he wanted to focus on track, we lost him last season vs Mission Vets and didn't want to risk it... Hector Zavala is another really good one that mentioned focusing more on studies... I really hope they both do play next season..
    Last edited by RGVTrouble; 01-14-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information