Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Hall of Famer

IIWII
    Gotta live in the present. History and Tradition are good but this is now.
    I can't dwell on the past and say the Dallas Cowboys are the best, 5 Super Bowls, yada, yada yada....
    We are talking about the present.
    Good Luck to all remaining Teams in the playoffs 2017
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    IIWII
    I can't dwell on the past and say the Dallas Cowboys are the best, 5 Super Bowls, yada, yada yada....
    IF Only the other Card fan would be humble and realistic as you .

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    IIWII
    This season was definatly a humbilizing for the harlingen cardinals.

Heisman Winner

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Mustang is such a bride.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

YES!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Do harlingen fans want to keep continuing scheduling sa schools in non district.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    IF Only the other Card fan would be humble and realistic as you .
    You'll never be satisfied. Just about every Card fan on here has given props to the teams that have beaten us. This year more than others. But the truth remains that you and your new hound buddy are kicking our team when they're down. Giving us the "karma" bit is ridiculous. All of us have given props to SB and have acknowledged that they are the best team in the Valley this year but you guys will forget that and probably already have. We're not making excuses as we lost handedly. Pointing out that our boys took a beating all season is stating the facts. Yes all teams go through injuries and kids play when hurt but this is the worst I've ever seen. If you know of another team that started out with such promise after three weeks only to lose about 60% of the starters please enlighten us.

As for our coaches. All of us have noticed our shortcomings. Shortcomings that you guys somehow viewed as an excuse. So please, get over it. Hopefully the right moves are made and the right kids get a shot in 2018. And again, good luck to the district 32 representatives in the playoffs and good luck to any Valley team facing an out of Valley opponent.
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Premium

Keep the trash talk coming H94 and bride. I encourage it. When Cards bounce back and continue to whoop your teams, it'll be NO MERCY. All that trash talk doesn't change the fact that the hounds are 23-60 vs Harlingen. Cards own the Stangs and I can see why bride is bitter after those years of repeatedly being knocked out of the playoffs by Harlingen. I'm sure bride will disappear again like he did for 9 months if Cards come back out on top next year. Same with H94.

So who else besides Jose Garcia are up and coming players to look out for? Anyone have an idea on how many JV players were moved up to varsity this year?
    RIP houndfan aka "Rudy" | 1969-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Virgon View Post
    Keep the trash talk coming H94 and bride. I encourage it. When Cards bounce back and continue to whoop your teams, it'll be NO MERCY. All that trash talk doesn't change the fact that the hounds are 23-60 vs Harlingen. Cards own the Stangs and I can see why bride is bitter after those years of repeatedly being knocked out of the playoffs by Harlingen. I'm sure bride will disappear again like he did for 9 months if Cards come back out on top next year. Same with H94.

So who else besides Jose Garcia are up and coming players to look out for? Anyone have an idea on how many JV players were moved up to varsity this year?
    Calm down virgin! Again with the past accomplishments...wait what was the score? O yea 53 to 0 chump! Starters no starters last I checked they were all wearing the same uniform...no mercy give me a break...cant get u to shut up now when ur team just got destroyed lol. As for next year buddy I've seen what u all have coming up...nothing to brag about at all. Ur underclassmen are not impressive at all. I'm glad ur trying to stay upbeat about it though...anyways shouldn't u be in basketball threads by now? Football is over in cardinal land!I
    Last edited by Hounds94; 11-13-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Hounds94 View Post
    Calm down virgin! Again with the past accomplishments...wait what was the score? O yea 53 to 0 chump! Starters no starters last I checked they were all wearing the same uniform...no mercy give me a break...cant get u to shut up now when ur team just got destroyed lol. As for next year buddy I've seen what u all have coming up...nothing to brag about at all. Ur underclassmen are not impressive at all. I'm glad ur trying to stay upbeat about it though...anyways shouldn't u be in basketball threads by now? Football is over in cardinal land!I
    Thanks for the positive message and words of encouragement here towards our upcoming team. You are the true definition of a good sportsman. As you opine in the aforementioned statement we should all revel and take note. Cheers to you for going above and beyond with respect to being a class act. As to your suggestion that Football is over in Cardinal land, the title of this thread is "2018 Harlingen Cardinals" which would indicate that we/Cardinals are looking forward into the potential prospects of next year's season. Which, by your impressive detailed analysis of what we have coming up, I guess is a waste of effort on our parts and we should all sell our season tickets and take up golf.
    Does anyone in here get the feeling that we can safely assume where a portion of our tax dollars are going to, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    Thanks for the positive message and words of encouragement here towards our upcoming team. You are the true definition of a good sportsman. As you opine in the aforementioned statement we should all revel and take note. Cheers to you for going above and beyond with respect to being a class act. As to your suggestion that Football is over in Cardinal land, the title of this thread is "2018 Harlingen Cardinals" which would indicate that we/Cardinals are looking forward into the potential prospects of next year's season. Which, by your impressive detailed analysis of what we have coming up, I guess is a waste of effort on our parts and we should all sell our season tickets and take up golf.
    Does anyone in here get the feeling that we can safely assume where a portion of our tax dollars are going to, or is it just me?
    Ok so I'm assuming u read ur fellow posters post before u directed this post at me right? Again I never come in here to post negativity unless provoked...ur fellow poster called me out for no reason so I intern rebutted. Why ur taking offence is just what I've being saying all along. Why don't u get on ur fellow poster? Let him know that there's no need to threaten with next year trash talking...if and when next year comes I will gladly share more input on card football but when ur poster again throws past records to fuel the situation ur damn right im coming back with ammunition...its funny how u see this as one sided. Broden ur spectrum...take all that is said by both parties and make an educated response. I get it u all stick together. Let me take words from Virgon if and when u guys whoop us lol I will be the first to concede! Until then BOTA CHAMPS 53-0.
    Last edited by Hounds94; 11-13-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Varsity

Ok so I'm assuming u read ur fellow posters post before u directed this post at me right? Again I never come in here to post negativity unless provoked...ur fellow poster called me out for no reason so I intern rebutted. Why ur taking offence is just what I've being saying all along. Why don't u get on ur fellow poster? Let him know that there's no need to threaten with next year trash talking...if and when next year comes I will gladly share more input on card football but when ur poster again throws past records to fuel the situation ur damn right im coming back with ammunition...its funny how u see this as one sided. Broden ur spectrum...take all that is said by both parties and make an educated response. I get it u all stick together. Let me take words from Virgon if and when u guys whoop us lol I will be the first to concede! Until then BOTA CHAMPS 53-0.
    Let me reiterate this again, this is the "2018 Harlingen Cardinals" thread. By your own omission, regardless if by intent or neglect, you have given license for people to discuss any and all historical statistics between the Cardinals and the Greyhounds. Why you would do that is unknown to me, as I don't think SB bodes well in that category. If you would like to discuss the past, no matter how recent, please understand that you are not the authoritative figure that can place a statute of limitations on how far into the past we go. Since we are discussing the 2018 Cardnal team in this thread, anything that happened prior to it, is by default, considered history.

This being said, what an amazing opportunity you have with the vast amounts of intimate knowledge on our returning and up an coming players to share the limitless wisdom that abounds in your head. Case in point, what did you think about Jaime Galvan's performance as the backup sophomore QB this year? Of course you wouldn't be using anything you saw from the 2017 BOTA as he was injured and stood on the sideline. You will have to pull your opinion from the other Harlingen games you attended. What are areas you would like to see him work on?
    Do you feel Joe Renya has what it takes to be an elite receiver his senior year in 2018? Once again, please give details on your opinion of him from other games as like Galvan, he was not able to play in the 2017 BOTA. How about Tristan Garcia? This question is a little different as this is more of a what would you do premise, but would you feel comfortable with him playing in 2018 if he were your son? No need for me to discuss his 2017 injury as I am sure you are fully aware of it.

These are points you could be making in a thread named "2018 Harlingen Cardinals"

Your posts are getting responses in the 2018 Harlingen Cardinals thread and your getting called out ? I bet you spend much of your life in the city of Harlingen.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Your posts are getting responses in the 2018 Harlingen Cardinals thread and your getting called out ? I bet you spend much of your life in the city of Harlingen.
    Lol I live in Harlingen. So yes i spend most of my time here unless I'm with my kiddos or other family in San Benito...

Let me reiterate this again, this is the "2018 Harlingen Cardinals" thread. By your own omission, regardless if by intent or neglect, you have given license for people to discuss any and all historical statistics between the Cardinals and the Greyhounds. Why you would do that is unknown to me, as I don't think SB bodes well in that category. If you would like to discuss the past, no matter how recent, please understand that you are not the authoritative figure that can place a statute of limitations on how far into the past we go. Since we are discussing the 2018 Cardnal team in this thread, anything that happened prior to it, is by default, considered history.

This being said, what an amazing opportunity you have with the vast amounts of intimate knowledge on our returning and up an coming players to share the limitless wisdom that abounds in your head. Case in point, what did you think about Jaime Galvan's performance as the backup sophomore QB this year? Of course you wouldn't be using anything you saw from the 2017 BOTA as he was injured and stood on the sideline. You will have to pull your opinion from the other Harlingen games you attended. What are areas you would like to see him work on?
    Do you feel Joe Renya has what it takes to be an elite receiver his senior year in 2018? Once again, please give details on your opinion of him from other games as like Galvan, he was not able to play in the 2017 BOTA. How about Tristan Garcia? This question is a little different as this is more of a what would you do premise, but would you feel comfortable with him playing in 2018 if he were your son? No need for me to discuss his 2017 injury as I am sure you are fully aware of it.

These are points you could be making in a thread named "2018 Harlingen Cardinals"
    Again over achiever with ur wisdom and ur need to educate me on what you think I don't know...i will again make this as clear as possible...im starting to think u read a post and instead of understanding ur more focused on what ur writing to bolster urself. I was called out which has nothing to do with u but if u want to chime in like u always do then by all means state ur piece but don't for one second think I'm not going to state my mind...let me remind u one last time so u can get it...i was called out!
    Last edited by Hounds94; 11-13-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Varsity

Again over achiever with ur wisdom and and need to educate me on what you think I don't know...i will gain make this as clear as possible...im starting to think u read a post and instead of understanding ur more focused on what ur writing to bolster urself. I was called out which has nothing to do with u but if u want to chime in like u always do then by all means state ur piece but don't for one second think I'm not going to state my mind...let me remind u one last time so u can get ut...i was called out!

No H94, I read what you said, and applied it to what you have been saying. "Quit talking about the past" and yet here we are in a thread discussing the future, while you keep discussing an event that happened in the past. So apparently you either operate on a "do as I say and not as I do basis.," or you need to allow other people, in this thread, to discuss the past as well. You can't have both bud. Pick one and stick with it.

Pertaining to this thread I believe it was you who stated the following: "As for next year buddy I've seen what u all have coming up...nothing to brag about at all. Ur underclassmen are not impressive at all" I'm just curious as to how you have so much information at your disposal about our upcoming crop of athletes combined with those, to whom we hope, will be returning healthy next year? And I went out of my way, by extending an olive branch, and tossed out a couple of names that I am sure you have extensive notes on and would love for you to share with us, and in doing so, you might actually contribute something constructive in line with this thread. Again, I may be asking to much.
    Last edited by Red2; 11-13-2017 at 02:29 PM.

No H94, I read what you said, and applied it to what you have been saying. "Quit talking about the past" and yet here we are in a thread discussing the future, while you keep discussing an event that happened in the past. So apparently you either operate on a "do as I say and not as I do basis.," or you need to allow other people, in this thread, to discuss the past as well. You can't have both bud. Pick one and stick with it.

Pertaining to this thread I believe it was you who stated the following: "As for next year buddy I've seen what u all have coming up...nothing to brag about at all. Ur underclassmen are not impressive at all" I'm just curious as to how you have so much information at your disposal about our upcoming crop of athletes combined with those, to whom we hope, will be returning healthy next year? And I went out of my way, by extending an olive branch, and tossed out a couple of names that I am sure you have extensive notes on and would love for you to share with us, and in doing so, you might actually contribute something constructive in line with this thread. Again, I may be asking to much.
    Again with ur infanate wisdom o Lord has spoken. I feel like I'm talking to a wall! Read the primary post by ur fellow poster and all shall be answered. I neither care to discuss what if's on players that yet have proven anything...ur fellow poster brought up 23-60 record on a thread focused on 2018. Why u keep avoiding this fact is humorous at best. U can keep taking up space trying to prove a point on players and an upcoming season that is so far away. We can't assume ur team will be any better or worse unroll that time arrives. We can only hope ur team stays injury free because ur little theories would mean squat. I base my facts on what I've seen this year. Is there potential yes are there players that can stand out yes...but to think that the cards are gonna whoop San benito well that's a big bold prediction made by ur fellow poster...which is why ur still wasting ur time on this subject. If u would of just taken the time to read and post appropriately could of saved us lots of time...im getting bored reading ur jabber! Peace out...good luck 2018...hope to still see this thread thriving in February lol. Just think this thread is very premature and a very poor way to stay relivant.....with that Red just put it to Bed!

Keep it coming buddy you have no clue what we have coming up! The injured Varsity will come back, the injured jv will come back. You have no idea the chemistry of what next years team will be like!! I truly hope you all do well in the play offs, but you need to shut your mouth when it comes to you thinking you know what we have coming back next year!

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    Keep it coming buddy you have no clue what we have coming up! The injured Varsity will come back, the injured jv will come back. You have no idea the chemistry of what next years team will be like!! I truly hope you all do well in the play offs, but you need to shut your mouth when it comes to you thinking you know what we have coming back next year!
    Shut my mouth hmmmm? Is that a threat? Sounds like a threat smells like a threat...your to funny 12. Hostile aren't you? Let me think........nope not gonna shut up but thanks for the threat I'm really scared. Poster bully!!!

Hall of Famer

Itís over fellas move onto basketball season. Long long time till football starts up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information