Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Backtheblue View Post
    Hostility for different thoughts...geez chill lol
    Not hostile at all...cant I rebuttle? Or will that just make me a hostile poster hmmm. Don't get offended or intimidated. It's funny when poster's post with all these big fancy words and scenarios and think that there so educated. Please understand that im very educated and when u say dont take offense to a blatant attack on my character or level of education of course I'm going to put u right in ur place. I hope this isn't above ur understanding Red! FYI not trying to be rude!

I don't think having a strict diet would make a big difference for any kid in HS in sports.Hounnd94 is right on the a kid's metabolism is way is much better/ faster than a grown adult. The fast majority of kids can get away with eating just about anything and get away and be at best shape. I think what we are missing is what "Imoya has always said all along Camps,preparation and a good coaching staff over their shoulders. Coaches get all the credit when they get a win and the team is at the right direction but we should also make them responsible when things fail and go wrong.

Varsity

H94 I realize that the discipline to follow a strict diet is difficult. You inadvertently bring up a very good point. There was an article written about the top 10 teams that have never won a state championship. Harlingen was #2, I think, but SB was not mentioned. I believe that will soon change and SB will be in the mix. The problem we, SB and Harlingen, have is that we are consistently limited by athletes who lack the genetic and natural talent that some of these super powers up state constantly have. This being said, having watched SB last Friday, I think SB is close. The next few weeks will answer that question. The only way to combat the lack of natural talent and size is to maximize a players ability to enhance, legally, their own physical characteristics. This is done by strength and conditioning but at some point an athlete will plateau and the body will begin to work against itself. This is where diet comes into play. As for cost, it costs 60 - 70 dollars per week to meal prep for one kid. It actually doesn't cost as much as you would think because there is no waste. The key here is you can develop a build only to the extent that a person's natural physique will allow. But the things I've mentioned go beyond a coach's responsibility. I can tell you this, if A was competing for a position against B, B will win. More so, when SB faces a team like Reagan, Westlake, Travis, or the Woodlands, I can promise they will be loaded with player B(s).
    Last edited by Red2; 11-12-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    I don't think having a strict diet would make a big difference for any kid in HS in sports.Hounnd94 is right on the a kid's metabolism is way is much better/ faster than a grown adult. The fast majority of kids can get away with eating just about anything and get away and be at best shape. I think what we are missing is what "Imoya has always said all along Camps,preparation and a good coaching staff over their shoulders. Coaches get all the credit when they get a win and the team is at the right direction but we should also make them responsible when things fail and go wrong.
    Mustang we know what we're talking about...lets get out of this thread and go to the playoff threads!!! Where we belong...hey what if we have a rematch in the area round? U think ur team is ready for a second dose of Harper and Retta? It's gonna make for a sweet area round game don't u think?

Quote Originally Posted by Red2 View Post
    H94 I realize that the discipline to follow a strict diet is difficult. You inadvertently bring up a very good point. There was an article written about the top 10 teams that have never won a state championship. Harlingen was #2, I think, but SB was not mentioned. I believe that will soon change and SB will be in the mix. The problem we, SB and Harlingen, have is that we are consistently limited by athletes who lack the genetic and natural talent that some of these super powers up state constantly have. This being said, having watched SB last Friday, I think SB is close. The next few weeks will answer that question. The only way to combat the lack of natural talent and size is to maximize a players ability to enhance, legally, their own physical characteristics. This is done by strength and conditioning but at some point an athlete will plateau and the body will begin to work against itself. This is where diet comes into play. As for cost, it costs 60 - 70 dollars per week to meal prep for one kid. It actually doesn't cost as much as you would think because there is no waste. The key here is you can develop a build only to the extent that a person's natural physique will allow. But the things I've mentioned go beyond a coach's responsibility. I can tell you this, if A was competing for a position against B, B will win. More so, when SB faces a team like Reagan, Westlake, Travis, or the Woodlands, I can promise they will be loaded with player B(s).
    Last comment really!!! Please put the blame and responsibility on coaches to make sure kids are again physically and mentally prepared for all sports! That's what coaches are for. Thanks!
    Last edited by Hounds94; 11-12-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hounds94 View Post
    Mustang we know what we're talking about...lets get out of this thread and go to the playoff threads!!! Where we belong...hey what if we have a rematch in the area round? U think ur team is ready for a second dose of Harper and Retta? It's gonna make for a sweet area round game don't u think?
    No sir at least not this year .Hounds will beat everyone once again if they were to replay any opponent...The Hounds are just like the Hulk every coming week just getting meaner and stronger.

No sir at least not this year .Hounds will beat everyone once again if they were to replay any opponent...The Hounds are just like the Hulk every coming week just getting meaner and stronger.
    Appreciate ur honesty but ur team now has momentum on there side so still could go either way. This is a game I would not take lightly.

Varsity

That's where you and I differ. I will never blame someone else for mine or my son's shortcomings. But in all seriousness, as the last comment, I hope SB goes far and your son gets to smoke some non Valley player. As for us, we have to decide if he's accepting the offer from a state or an Ivy League school to play at for the next level. Such are the dilemmas of a parent. I'm sure you understand the frustration.
    Last edited by Red2; 11-12-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Appreciate ur honesty but ur team now has momentum on there side so still could go either way. This is a game I would not take lightly.
    ...Ok let's go to our proper threads before Greenie comes in here calling us invaders

Heisman Winner

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Junior Varsity

Not hostile at all...cant I rebuttle? Or will that just make me a hostile poster hmmm. Don't get offended or intimidated. It's funny when poster's post with all these big fancy words and scenarios and think that there so educated. Please understand that im very educated and when u say dont take offense to a blatant attack on my character or level of education of course I'm going to put u right in ur place. I hope this isn't above ur understanding Red! FYI not trying to be rude!
    Calling uneducated, condescending. Acting arrogant.

Rhetorical fallacies.
    Level of ed. but typos?
    Last edited by Backtheblue; 11-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Heisman Winner

...Ok let's go to our proper threads before Greenie comes in here calling us invaders
    ::Te watcho::

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Hall of Famer

Every kids different ... I've been around both types ... it's genes man ... I've seen dudes that just eat and eat ... but workout like a beast ... some are just workhorses ... some grow up thin and have to grind ... it's all about grinding everyday for those kid eventually you'll get there IMO
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by Backtheblue View Post
    Calling uneducated, condescending. Acting arrogant.

Rhetorical fallacies.
    Level of ed. but typos?
    What's funny is u still understood everything lmao! Blue do urself a favor and stay in ur 5A threads. This is above ur district capacity...lol just messing with you.

Of all people to call out someone on this subject. The green goes to any thread and doesn't care what thread others go into.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Of all people to call out someone on this subject. The green goes to any thread and doesn't care what thread others go into.
    Mr.Green it has been always a pleasure chatting with the Cards peeps for so long but let's not forget your all's trash talking towards the Stangs in the past and the rest of the RGV and even though we forgive you guys ,We still enjoy the Karma.

Mr.Green it has been always a pleasure chatting with the Cards peeps for so long but let's not forget your all's trash talking towards the Stangs in the past and the rest of the RGV and even though we forgive you guys ,We still enjoy the Karma.
    No problem but what you call trash talking to the Stangs is basically the one week we have played you during the playoffs while you team up with posters of other teams and trash us every week. Just the way it has been...........
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    No problem but what you call trash talking to the Stangs is basically the one week we have played you during the playoffs while you team up with posters of other teams and trash us every week. Just the way it has been...........
    The Cardinal's thread will get it's views but NOT for any positive reasons .Manny and staff let down everyone down in Harlingen and even though you guys are finding others to blame his the one cashing out the big check at end .Funny how you guys can cretitze other teams / staff when the Cards are embarrassing 2017.So much so for glorifying your staff after beating Reagan and now your mouths are breathing HOT AIR.

Hall of Famer

All I know is GAME OVER!!! SEASON OVER for the Cards..... IIWII....
    As a the MANager, I know that all the teams have caught up to the Cardinals in the past 5 yrs. If the Cardinals Football team was broken in 2, Defense and Offense, the Defense has been working overtime and on the field to much!
    Yes, players were injured and coaches are not to blame for that. Manny is a very good Defensive Coach and Cards need a very good Offensive Coach. Manny Gomez Era could've been very impressive but some tools were missing. Can still be fixed.
    If I had a team playing against the Harlingen Cardinals these past 4-5 yrs, I would like my chances. I see a weakness....
    HARLINGEN CARDINALS
    "Loved by Few, Hated by Many, but Respected by All"

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    All I know is GAME OVER!!! SEASON OVER for the Cards..... IIWII....
    As a the MANager, I know that all the teams have caught up to the Cardinals in the past 5 yrs. If the Cardinals Football team was broken in 2, Defense and Offense, the Defense has been working overtime and on the field to much!
    Yes, players were injured and coaches are not to blame for that. Manny is a very good Defensive Coach and Cards need a very good Offensive Coach. Manny Gomez Era could've been very impressive but some tools were missing. Can still be fixed.
    If I had a team playing against the Harlingen Cardinals these past 4-5 yrs, I would like my chances. I see a weakness....
    THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR HONESTY.

Thread Information