Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mustangpride View Post
    I'm not trashing the Cardinals football program at all so don't come in here twisting things around.I believe my question was fair and legit.I'm staying with the topic and actually giving your Cards best wishes. You know it's damn rare I ever comment on Harlingen threads unless you guys send me a bat signal
    How many times have you and Houndfan(rip} give us a hard time about blaming the coaches ? Then you come here and bring up the subject. Classic
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Didnt Sharyland beat Harlingen in 2012 using a 4th string qb?
    Lol! No, Tres Barrera was a 1st stringer. "4th stringer"...pft
    Last edited by BRWC; 11-11-2017 at 02:43 PM.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Lol! No, Tres Barrera was a 1st stringer. 4th stringer...pft
    He is just trying to rattle you.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    How many times have you and Houndfan(rip} give us a hard time about blaming the coaches ? Then you come here and bring up the subject. Classic
    You guys were blaming ours ,
    So what's the difference? Does it matter if outsiders blame Manny or not ? It's up to the Cards fans to decide what's best for the Cardinals. Everyone else's opinion shouldn't matter. BRWC didn't take my question offensive and responded back without getting upset.Seems to me your the one wanting to stir the pot....Anyhow carry on.I got a playoff thread to post on

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Lol! No, Tres Barrera was a 1st stringer. "4th stringer"...pft
    Tres was the qb when they played in Weslaco, the game played in Harlingen is the one.

Hall of Famer

I like galvan at QB ... to bad kid got hurt few week back ... would been nice to get that experience at QB in BOTA ... great athlete
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Premium

Didnt Sharyland beat Harlingen in 2012 using a 4th string qb?
    Their 1st string qb played most of the game and a backup was brought in throw off our D. Also, Cards also had a couple key players out with injuries. Injuries have been a problem for Harlingen since 2012. Who's your team again?
    RIP houndfan aka "Rudy" | 1969-2017

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

By the time 2018 season starts this might turn out to be 480 pages long at the pace this thread is going

Heisman Winner

Tres was the qb when they played in Weslaco, the game played in Harlingen is the one.
    That was a second stringer, their WR/backup QB, in 2013.
    Last edited by BRWC; 11-11-2017 at 04:41 PM.

12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    38x - District Champions

Heisman Winner

He is just trying to rattle you.

38x - District Champions

Problem this year was they were replacing key players from last year. This years squad was very inexperienced. Also the JV red squad last year was not very good and yes the freshman won district but those talented kids moving to varsity is a whole different ball game. Gomez needs to hire staff who come from different places and with different ideas. Boyd was hired and brought coaches from somewhere else not ex alumni! Next year they should be back in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Problem this year was they were replacing key players from last year. This years squad was very inexperienced. Also the JV red squad last year was not very good and yes the freshman won district but those talented kids moving to varsity is a whole different ball game. Gomez needs to hire staff who come from different places and with different ideas. Boyd was hired and brought coaches from somewhere else not ex alumni! Next year they should be back in the playoffs.
    Boyd brought an entire coaching staff with him including AD Creators as an assistant coach, saved the Cards after the South split.

Now we have coaches that were players six years ago in some cases. Nothing earned just the buddy controlling system.

Bring back Gantt!!

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    Bring back Gantt!!
    I agree.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by 12th Man View Post
    Bring back Gantt!!
    Where is he?

38x - District Champions

Last I heard he was the OC at Victoria East.

Now we have coaches that were players six years ago in some cases. Nothing earned just the buddy controlling system.
    That's the problem! Gomez needs new guys with new ideas and experience. OC needs to go back and be a Qb coach and really teaches the qb's about footwork, mechanics coverages etc.(not just let them be athletes) I think staff got comfortable and we're use to have kids bigger and stronger then everyone else.

Hall of Famer

What do we have returning next season? Any true studs from the JV/Freshman ranks?
    Originally Posted by newbler
    Do i flame? You betcha

Heisman Winner

That's the problem! Gomez needs new guys with new ideas and experience. OC needs to go back and be a Qb coach and really teaches the qb's about footwork, mechanics coverages etc.(not just let them be athletes) I think staff got comfortable and we're use to have kids bigger and stronger then everyone else.
    Good points, bottom line HC's from other teams are getting better and better. Some one is getting out-coach.

Thread Information