Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    Since when does being 6' guarantee you are gonna be so good that secondaries can't cover you?
    LOL!!!! No one said that; our point is that finally we have some height advantage with our WRs, but that doesn't mean that they will even be our best WR options. Usually our WRs avg 5'8"...and we're just pointing out the obvious diff.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District Champions
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Since when does being 6' guarantee you are gonna be so good that secondaries can't cover you?
    No one said or implied that.

Harlingen has had hobbits for the most part at receiver.
    Last edited by cardinal85; 06-07-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post

Harlingen has hobbits for the most part at receiver.
    Lmao

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Justin munivez CB
    Ty! Is he good? We need our secondary to step up. They have been a weakness for the last few years.

12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    38x - District Champions

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

Harlingen has had hobbits for the most part at receiver.
    Nobody? Actually bad frank said, "That kid is a legit 6’2” barefoot and if The Dalton kid has been workin on his hands that gives us two capable 6 foot wideouts. No secondary in district will be able to cover both".

Notice the, "NO SECONDARY IN DISTRICT WILL BE ABLE TO COVER BOTH" and how this comment comes directly after jumping for joy over 2 WRs being 6'.

Nobody? Actually bad frank said, "That kid is a legit 6’2” barefoot and if The Dalton kid has been workin on his hands that gives us two capable 6 foot wideouts. No secondary in district will be able to cover both".

Notice the, "NO SECONDARY IN DISTRICT WILL BE ABLE TO COVER BOTH" and how this comment comes directly after jumping for joy over 2 WRs being 6'.
    Didn’t catch that. There, your life is now complete.

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Didn’t catch that. There, your life is now complete.
    I accept your apology.

Heisman Winner

Chingao cochino. It's called hype. Let us enjoy it while we have our twin tours.

38x - District Champions

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Chingao cochino. It's called hype. Let us enjoy it while we have our twin tours.
    It's June and boring so I'm gonna slightly troll. We're all the same, I get excited with height and weight when we have it in Alice.

I accept your apology.
    None given! Lol

Heisman Winner

So allow me to elaborate and explain, heck no I don’t believe simply being 6’ will guarantee success. The part i left out is that the two athletes I was talking about are really good athletes. Their skill set plus their size can make them legit threats. Looks great on paper. Most corners in our district will be less than 5’8” guaranteed. This is the reason for my no secondary in district will be able to cover both. Keep in mind I also said this is only if the Dalton kid has been working on his hands. Last year this kid could get behind any secondary with ease it seemed like but couldn’t seem to seal the deal and eventually the QB stopped throwing his way. I hear the Cantu kid is looking good at WR right now. My assessment only applies to the district schedule. Jump for joy.... nah but this is the best height we have had in a while. Can’t get too excited since we did retain our OC. I also think he is actively planning on how not to use this size to the Cards advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by BadFrank View Post
    So allow me to elaborate and explain, heck no I don’t believe simply being 6’ will guarantee success. The part i left out is that the two athletes I was talking about are really good athletes. Their skill set plus their size can make them legit threats. Looks great on paper. Most corners in our district will be less than 5’8” guaranteed. This is the reason for my no secondary in district will be able to cover both. Keep in mind I also said this is only if the Dalton kid has been working on his hands. Last year this kid could get behind any secondary with ease it seemed like but couldn’t seem to seal the deal and eventually the QB stopped throwing his way. I hear the Cantu kid is looking good at WR right now. My assessment only applies to the district schedule. Jump for joy.... nah but this is the best height we have had in a while. Can’t get too excited since we did retain our OC. I also think he is actively planning on how not to use this size to the Cards advantage.

Your last two lines are golden, especially the last one.

Heisman Winner

Sad, but true!

38x - District Champions

Hall of Famer

30-20 cards over mutts, 7on7, game on Facebook

Immortal

Came across this one, hounds over cards 32-15, theyve got some other games on their page from the harlingen league

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...22313154486496

Heisman Winner

Rosales and Gonzalez were IMO the best receivers going back many years, I think they were 5-7 maybe 5-8. 6-0 is too tall. LOL

Heisman Winner

I’m case anyone is interested, the 7 on 7 team plays at 8 tonight at Victor Park. Most likely gonna miss it so if anyone goes do tell what u think.

I’m case anyone is interested, the 7 on 7 team plays at 8 tonight at Victor Park. Most likely gonna miss it so if anyone goes do tell what u think.
    Riosportslive has been streaming the games.

Harlingen losing to Raymondville.

Harlingen is throwing picks while Raymondville is running sandlot plays.

Harlingen QB’s...one would hope this is not whats to come during the Fall.

Thread Information