Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 624
  1. #581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    I can appreciate playing quality opponents like Judson. But doing so during a season where you know you're gonna lose 63-0'ish is asinine for your coach to have made the matchup. Sure your coach gets to beat his chest and say he scheduled Judson but what about the players and their mindset after getting blown out?
    Believe or leave!

    I would hope that there wasn’t really another option and Judson was the best route.

  2. #582
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,410

    Default

    Harlingen beat reagan last year and still missed the playoffs. Judson is the definition of bsf.

  3. #583
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    HARLINGEN
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Harlingen beat reagan last year and still missed the playoffs. Judson is the definition of bsf.
    Lol
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

  4. #584
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,152

    Default

    So what non district games can the cards win this year ?
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  5. #585
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    So what non district games can the cards win this year ?
    They should beat Pioneer, but if they cant get to Marburger these Diamondback WRs will make them pay..

  6. #586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Jose Garcia (incoming Sophomore) is a player to watch for Harlingen. I wonder if that means he will be playing after all. 5-11, 155, 4.4
    Is there proof of the 40 time? Combine or Laser?

  7. #587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    I can appreciate playing quality opponents like Judson. But doing so during a season where you know you're gonna lose 63-0'ish is asinine for your coach to have made the matchup. Sure your coach gets to beat his chest and say he scheduled Judson but what about the players and their mindset after getting blown out?
    Hey , no one expected for Shary to win after their 62-0 blowout last season. We dealt w injuries too and other issues. But in a team game , you pick your brothers up along yourself and get though it as a team , thatís what Shary rebuilded On and continued from last season. Yeah it wasnít Judson , but Iím just addressing the mentality part. Every week is a new opportunity to improve from the last and every game anything can happen from be get go til the last whistle

  8. #588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Hey , no one expected for Shary to win after their 62-0 blowout last season. We dealt w injuries too and other issues. But in a team game , you pick your brothers up along yourself and get though it as a team , thatís what Shary rebuilded On and continued from last season. Yeah it wasnít Judson , but Iím just addressing the mentality part. Every week is a new opportunity to improve from the last and every game anything can happen from be get go til the last whistle
    Iím sure Sharyland didnít deal with the level of injuries Harlingen had. Not even close...

  9. #589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Is there proof of the 40 time? Combine or Laser?
    That was per DCTF. The only times I have seen are his 100 times (most are sub 11’s). I think his best was a 10.44.

  10. #590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    So what non district games can the cards win this year ?
    WE, Pioneer, and Laredo United South CAN be wins.

    Midland, though they went 3-8, will be very tough.

    Judson? Yea, lol.

    I would not be surprised if all were lost...

    Maybe Harlingen goes 3-2...MAYBE, MAYBE 4-1.

  11. #591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Hey , no one expected for Shary to win after their 62-0 blowout last season. We dealt w injuries too and other issues. But in a team game , you pick your brothers up along yourself and get though it as a team , that’s what Shary rebuilded On and continued from last season. Yeah it wasn’t Judson , but I’m just addressing the mentality part. Every week is a new opportunity to improve from the last and every game anything can happen from be get go til the last whistle
    You were missing key players in the season opener so there was that to use as a mental excuse for losing big. Point is that isn't so much of a mental obstacle as if you get blown out with all your players healthy. And you are 5A while the team that blew you out was 6A so there's that mental excuse if you want it also. Harlingen doesn't have that with Judson. Both are 6A.
    Last edited by Cochino's Revenge; 07-02-2018 at 05:41 PM.

  12. #592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    I’m sure Sharyland didn’t deal with the level of injuries Harlingen had. Not even close...
    Who knows , QB and best receiver besides Klein last year got injured , and QB was before season and at end , and one of our starting OL who was 6’2 and 300 got torn ACL during the first scrimmage. And we lost our strongest D player in the team who was our DT. Its not excuses to why Sharyland lost any game , but if we’re talking about what held back a team I can just say that we are still affected from the split and we have less students now than we did right after the split. But I’m not , good luck to Harlingen this season. I respect some programs , Harlingen and Memorial are two of them.

  13. #593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cochino's Revenge View Post
    You were missing key players in the season opener so there was that to use as a mental excuse for losing big. Point is that isn't so much of a mental obstacle as if you get blown out with all your players healthy. And you are 5A while the team that blew you out was 6A so there's that mental excuse if you want it also. Harlingen doesn't have that with Judson. Both are 6A.
    True. I will say that , enrollment numbers does affect BIG time. Seen Sharyland play before the split was ever considered , while the split happens , and a few seasons after the split , and having about half the students we use to have cuts every position depth and rosters by 30 (Freshman, JV and Varsity). Took 3 years for freshman and JV to have the light team again , and even then each team had roughly 25 players , which is barely enough.

  14. #594
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,977

    Default

    Laredo United south will be weak. Count that as a win
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    WE, Pioneer, and Laredo United South CAN be wins.

    Midland, though they went 3-8, will be very tough.

    Judson? Yea, lol.

    I would not be surprised if all were lost...

    Maybe Harlingen goes 3-2...MAYBE, MAYBE 4-1.
    Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

  15. #595
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    HARLINGEN
    Posts
    4,591

    Default

    I’m telling cards got a good group coming ... this kid Garcia’s the real deal needs work on hands but kid can fly ... galvan and Garcia will be dynamic ... gotta hope tristian can be back healthy ... I full expect cards to be back this year but in 2 years could be really good
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

  16. #596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
    I’m telling cards got a good group coming ... this kid Garcia’s the real deal needs work on hands but kid can fly ... galvan and Garcia will be dynamic ... gotta hope tristian can be back healthy ... I full expect cards to be back this year but in 2 years could be really good
    Who are the returning key starters from D and O? Like “the most impactful player” coming back from offense and defense

  17. #597
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Harlingen
    Posts
    561

    Default

    On offense you have to watch out for Joe Reyna senior WR. In most games, he will be the fastest player on the field. He will need to stay healthy though. He did not play a full season in his first two years on varsity. Galvan will be a playmaker at QB. On defense, Tristan Garcia at DT will raise hell in the backfield. Big, strong kid who was difficult to stop as a jr. From what I hear he is back to 100%. San Miguel will anchor the LB Corp. The smallest MLB we have had in geez honestly I can’t remember having a MLB this small BUT he has speed, a nose for the ball and he is a sure tackler. Don’t know much about the other LB or D line. Once again we will come in with a really weak secondary. As for the speedster we are talking about, sorry guys heard as of right now he is still undecided on playing and isn’t participating with neither of the 7 on 7 teams.

  18. #598
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus12399 View Post
    Who are the returning key starters from D and O? Like “the most impactful player” coming back from offense and defense
    No impact players returning, just good average players, comes down to the new qb if he can drive them down the field. Looking at 3-7.

  19. #599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BadFrank View Post
    On offense you have to watch out for Joe Reyna senior WR. In most games, he will be the fastest player on the field. He will need to stay healthy though. He did not play a full season in his first two years on varsity. Galvan will be a playmaker at QB. On defense, Tristan Garcia at DT will raise hell in the backfield. Big, strong kid who was difficult to stop as a jr. From what I hear he is back to 100%. San Miguel will anchor the LB Corp. The smallest MLB we have had in geez honestly I can’t remember having a MLB this small BUT he has speed, a nose for the ball and he is a sure tackler. Don’t know much about the other LB or D line. Once again we will come in with a really weak secondary. As for the speedster we are talking about, sorry guys heard as of right now he is still undecided on playing and isn’t participating with neither of the 7 on 7 teams.
    Jose Garcia "the speedster" you are talking about, is playing 7 on 7 and has been the whole summer. He is playing safety this year.

  20. #600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    No impact players returning, just good average players, comes down to the new qb if he can drive them down the field. Looking at 3-7.
    The Santa Rosie queen has spoken.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •