Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 29 of 44 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Night Lights View Post
    So who are the Redbirds going to beat in District 32-6A this upcoming season? Probably only takes three wins to make it to the playoffs.

San Benito?
    Hanna?
    Los Fresnos?
    Harlingen South?
    Brownsville Rivera?
    They have a tough non district too, I expect them to be right around .500 by seasons end

Hall of Famer

I feel like there has never been more question marks about Harlingen and how they will do this year. The Big 3 in SB, LF and HRL have the toughest non district.
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by norcal95 View Post
    I feel like there has never been more question marks about Harlingen and how they will do this year. The Big 3 in SB, LF and HRL have the toughest non district.
    Heck no we’ve had bigger ?’s prior yrs
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Cards can beat Rivera and have had the hawks number for some time. This will be hannas year to prove last year was no fluke. Sb and los Fresnos have solid coaching and athletes to gI've the cards all they can handle and then some.

This being said how do card fans feel they will be at after non district and where do u guys see the cards being after district.....without card bias?

It is really hard to say. If it is a good/great year, there are going to be some senior names that pop up and explode, that you never heard of before or did just a little bit last year(ex, Duffy's senior year).

This being said how do card fans feel they will be at after non district and where do u guys see the cards being after district.....without card bias?
    Last year the Cards had JV players and 3rd string playing after mid season....

Mission Vets 31 Cards 26
    Cards 21 Laredo United S 6
    Cards 22 SA Reagan 20
    Cards 36 H South 7
    Cards 24 Weslaco 7
    Cards 45 B Rivera 20

W. East 20 Cards 17
    Los Fres 27 Crds 20
    Hanna 32 Cards 6
    SB 53 Cards 0

If the Cards stay healthy the winning tradition will continue. San Benito and Hanna got the Cards at their worse playing them with a whole different team than the beginning of the season. We will see what happens, no predictions from me.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Jose Garcia (incoming Sophomore) is a player to watch for Harlingen. I wonder if that means he will be playing after all. 5-11, 155, 4.4

[/INDENT]
    Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Jose Garcia (incoming Sophomore) is a player to watch for Harlingen. I wonder if that means he will be playing after all. 5-11, 155, 4.4
    What position does he play?

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    [/INDENT]

What position does he play?
    He played RB last year. However, he listed as a WR/DB per DCTF.

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    Last year the Cards had JV players and 3rd string playing after mid season....

Mission Vets 31 Cards 26
    Cards 21 Laredo United S 6
    Cards 22 SA Reagan 20
    Cards 36 H South 7
    Cards 24 Weslaco 7
    Cards 45 B Rivera 20

W. East 20 Cards 17
    Los Fres 27 Crds 20
    Hanna 32 Cards 6
    SB 53 Cards 0

If the Cards stay healthy the winning tradition will continue. San Benito and Hanna got the Cards at their worse playing them with a whole different team than the beginning of the season. We will see what happens, no predictions from me.
    As so many Cardinal fans used to tell me... "Injuries are part of the game"! Hanna, Los Fresnos and San Benito are no joke...

Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by cardinal85 View Post
    Well, we know he can run... Can he play??

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    As so many Cardinal fans used to tell me... "Injuries are part of the game"! Hanna, Los Fresnos and San Benito are no joke...
    I agree but when your fielding a different team it will get the best of you. Harlingen would have those injuries before the season started I doubt they would have done better than 2-8. No excuses but I think the season results back what I'm getting at.
    I could agree with you , but then we'd both be wrong.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    I agree but when your fielding a different team it will get the best of you. Harlingen would have those injuries before the season started I doubt they would have done better than 2-8. No excuses but I think the season results back what I'm getting at.
    I just think last yr was absurd ... by the last game of year we were starting are safety at QB ... c’mon now
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by RGVTrouble View Post
    Well, we know he can run... Can he play??
    He did very well for Cano at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
    I just think last yr was absurd ... by the last game of year we were starting are safety at QB ... címon now
    Injuries are part of the game but the schedule at the end was very tough. Now with the new district you win two games and your in.

Immortal

Schedu long tough nondistrict ups the chances of injury and playing with injury through out district. Most believe the expirience pays off in the end but we have yet to see that manifest. Hope cards come out injury free during its non district and make a push in the playoffs.

Hall of Famer

Schedu long tough nondistrict ups the chances of injury and playing with injury through out district. Most believe the expirience pays off in the end but we have yet to see that manifest. Hope cards come out injury free during its non district and make a push in the playoffs.
    Seriously I don’t understand you ... are you trying to change are opinion ? If you want your team to play in a bubble that’s cool

Immortal

I'm simply stating the fact that playing these teams early on may raise the risk of injury and have not shown as of yet to imove or prepare teams for the playoffs. It seems that injuries plagued harlingen last year, and may have been lingering injuries since non district. I can't change your minds nor am I trying to, I'm simply stating what Ibe seen.

Hall of Famer

2 months till Kick off

Envy the past, Fear the future!!!

Hall of Famer

My Social Networking

Add Cochino's Revenge on Facebook
    Visit Cochino's Revenge's Youtube Channel

I can appreciate playing quality opponents like Judson. But doing so during a season where you know you're gonna lose 63-0'ish is asinine for your coach to have made the matchup. Sure your coach gets to beat his chest and say he scheduled Judson but what about the players and their mindset after getting blown out?

Thread Information