Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hall of Famer

Default 2017/2018 Season

The rgv basketball season is upon us & the pre season rankings are in with the Weslaco Panthers coming in at #1 followed by lost Fresnos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    The rgv basketball season is upon us & the pre season rankings are in with the Weslaco Panthers coming in at #1 followed by lost Fresnos.

Yup, both our boys and girls are preseason #1, showing the basketball program is doing well and expectations will be high once again, well for our lady Panthers that's nothing new, those girls can ball year in year out. Looking forward to it though..

Premium

There's still plenty of football left, don't give up on your team just yet.
    RIP houndfan aka "Rudy" | 1969-2017

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Virgon View Post
    lol ain't giving up on nothing, bball preseason polls came out and we are just commenting on the upcoming season which is in a few weeks. I know once football season ends in Harlingen, it becomes a ghost town sports wise, but we just getting started over here in weslaco

Hall of Famer

Oh thatís right yíall disappear after football as if thatís the only thing played. What about basketball or baseball??

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    lol ain't giving up on nothing, bball preseason polls came out and we are just commenting on the upcoming season which is in a few weeks. I know once football season ends in Harlingen, it becomes a ghost town sports wise, but we just getting started over here in weslaco
    That's actually him in the pic once football ends in Harlingen.

Hall of Famer

Should be another strong season for both squads this year, looking forward to it.

Don't forget October 28th 7:00 pm, intro of the squads at Sepulveda gym.

Top teams
    Rowe
    Weslaco
    Los fresnos
    Edinburg
    Econ
    Vela
    South
    Mc memorial
    Harlingen high
    Mc hi

Top teams
    Rowe
    Weslaco
    Los fresnos
    Edinburg
    Econ
    Vela
    South
    Mc memorial
    Harlingen high
    Mc hi

Premium

LMAO well yeah it's been a ghost town just like it was for Weslaco prior to 2014 until y'all finally had some decent runs...AGAINST VALLEY TEAMS. But then came you bandwagon fans beating your chests over beating Valley, Laredo, and bottomfeeder SA teams like South San lol.

At least Harlingen can actually beat or compete with top SA teams in football. When's the last time Weslaco actually beat a good SA team in basketball? Take your time I'll wait...

You're basically bragging about getting smoked in the playoffs by SA or Austin teams.. I'll take a powerhouse football team over a dominant baseball/basketball team any day.

Let's see how Weslaco basketball has finished off the seasons the past few years:

2016: Spanked by Westlake
    2015: Knocked out of playoffs by Rowe, wasn't even a close game
    2014: Knocked out by Laredo Alexander, not even close
    2013: 2-7 in district
    2012: 0-6 in district

Keep celebrating mediocrity!

Premium

LMAO well yeah it's been a ghost town just like it was for Weslaco prior to 2014 until y'all finally had some decent runs...AGAINST VALLEY TEAMS. But then came you bandwagon fans beating your chests over beating Valley, Laredo, and bottomfeeder SA teams like South San lol.

At least Harlingen can actually beat or compete with top SA teams in football. When's the last time Weslaco actually beat a good SA team in basketball? Take your time I'll wait...

You're basically bragging about getting smoked in the playoffs by SA or Austin teams.. I'll take a powerhouse football team over a dominant baseball/basketball team any day.

Let's see how Weslaco basketball has finished off the seasons the past few years:

Keep celebrating mediocrity! Then again I can't blame you since your football team isn't even making playoffs this year.

Hall of Famer

Cool

Keep celebrating mediocrity!

You call this mediocrity, what can you say then about your own cards?

You mention records for 2012-16 for the panthers, can you give us how the cards did those same years as well? I doubt they did better than the panthers, prove me wrong sir.

Last years both squads went to the sweet sixteen, how bout the cards, you can include your football team.

Sorry I kept you waiting, I just have things (life) to do.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HHS55 View Post
    Top teams
    Rowe
    Weslaco
    Los fresnos
    Edinburg
    Econ
    Vela
    South
    Mc memorial
    Harlingen high
    Mc hi
    And Santa Rosa will be the last team standing, again.

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Should cruise to the 3rd round but come on lost too much to get back to state.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by northwestharl View Post
    Look who they play

Immortal

Oh don't expect another response from virgin lol, especially now that the only sport Harlingens decent at (football) is struggling this year too, Weslaco has always had a competitive basketball program, we have some down years here and there but overall competitive, last season we had a young squad and did pretty well hopefully they can make another run this season.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by dwade3 View Post
    Look who they play

What's wrong playing La Marque, McAllen Memorial, Houston Summer Creek, Edinburg North, Sharyland Pioneer, SA Jefferson...heck we played Weslaco! Lol
    Not the Team's fault for being 3A, they just prepare themselves well early in the season.
    Won't be surprised if they are the last team standing again. They still have one of the best PG's in the Valley AB, great 3pt threat Jonah, and new 6'4" move in from Gonzales, not to mention a few other skilled players that will carry this team on a deep run again!
    #WarriorNation #RGVPowerHouse
    Last edited by TeamWarrior; 11-05-2017 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamWarrior View Post
    What's wrong playing La Marque, McAllen Memorial, Houston Summer Creek, Edinburg North, Sharyland Pioneer, SA Jefferson...heck we played Weslaco! Lol
    Not the Team's fault for being 3A, they just prepare themselves well early in the season.
    Won't be surprised if they are the last team standing again. They still have one of the best PG's in the Valley AB, great 3pt threat Jonah, and new 6'4" move in from Gonzales, not to mention a few other skilled players that will carry this team on a deep run again!
    #WarriorNation #RGVPowerHouse
    Thought that AB kid was gonna jump ship and go back to Brownsville

Hall of Famer

was at a 6 team scrimmage at weslaco Saturday. weslaco and brownsille veterans memorial looked solid. edcouch elsa, mcallen memorial need work.

Thread Information