View Poll Results: Who wins?!?!?!?!

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • San Benito Greyhounds

17 62.96%
  • Weslaco East Wildcats

10 37.04%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

With Pedraza Hounds were the favorite.........w out him they'll be even harder to beat. East can pull an upset they've done it before

Junior Varsity

again i believe the DEFENSE wins this one for east... if they play a perfect game this defense is pretty darn good.

Hall of Famer

Tough game to call but East might miss their star running back Pedraza especially against a tough Greyhound defense. Greyhounds can put points on the scoreboard so East might have to match their scores to make a game of it. East might have to throw the ball more than they might want to. I'll take the greyhounds in a close game!

Hall of Famer

I wouldn’t exactly call an East win an upset...they are a very good team in a tough district...
    I can see this being a close game...

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ralphss434 View Post
    If what you say is true imagine what they're gonna do to the Panthers,,lol,, d-wad got jokes making all d forum laugh
    I dont have to imagine I know what sb is going to do to my team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hall of Famer

Read that Pedraza is out for the season.

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Pride View Post
    Read that Pedraza is out for the season.
    Your right panther pride I read that as well. We'll wish him the best on his future and hopefully he can still help on the sidelines in a motivating manor. He's yet another big loss for the wildcats this season but wildcats always seem to have backs on reserve.

Immortal

One of the backs is bobby Gonzalez brother, he is in the top three I believe in single season rushing records for the valley if I'm not mistaken.

East has the better coach.........East wins.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

Unfortunately Harlingen won't be putting the first loss on San Benito this year.

stats2.jpg

Sorry to hear about Roy, he was going to have a great year. This just means East is going to get its future back in the lineup sooner than expected.

Going back to San Benito's game last Friday, Retta had 100 yds rushing,while Harper had 155. East is going to have to make Retta one-dimesional, and make him pay for leaving the pocket. Almost 500 total yards of offense by San B, to Los Fresnos' 262 yards. hmmm, and that close at the end; field position might have had something to do with it. Penalties were also interesting, 130 yards of penalties against SB, while East had 70, thats extremely high for East. Changes in the lineup might produce a pass heavy attack, but I wouldn't hold my breath.LOL Well don't really know if it would be an upset, but I'm taking East at home by a td.
    Last edited by panthergonewild; 10-03-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    East has the better coach.........East wins.
    Lol

Just finished talking to Bobby Gonzalez dad...his son is # 25 Joshua Gonzalez sophomore . He should see some playing time. I will be rooting for my little cousin on the east side but still going for my Hounds to win. Good luck Joshua #25.

Quote Originally Posted by Resaca City Gold View Post
    Lol
    So San Benito has the better coach ? I will wait for your politically correct response.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by GridironSavant View Post
    Hi! im new to the 956 forum... just chimming in my toughts.... East likes being the underdog. It wont be as lopsided as everyone is thinking. If east plays sound football they will pull of the upset. looks like roy is not going to be available this week. But the next man up is a talented sophomore. we will have two sophomores playing in the backfield. Lets not forget East has more than one weapon. yes the injury bug has hit them, but this team is deep on talent. Everyone is underestimating that fast defense east has, and with the move at corner for ramsey vasquez, the secondary is a whole lot better. you cannot replace a roy pedraza! but i still think east will put up a very good fight. East is a lot better team than everyone is giving them credit for! it will come down to the SB offense vs the East defense!
    when your playing with younger players at certain spots the turnover bug seems to happen... if WE can control clock and contain SB running back ... it'll be a 4th quarter game
    Last edited by craftysouthpaw; 10-03-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    So San Benito has the better coach ? I will wait for your politically correct response.
    Well if we’re going based on each coach’s record against each other, then it’s an even 2-2.

Immortal

Burget doing what he's doing with the smallest enrollment in the district posSibley all valley 6a is pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Resaca City Gold View Post
    Well if we’re going based on each coach’s record against each other, then it’s an even 2-2.
    I would base it on total seasons.

It's not so much the enrollment but the mindset of a winning tradition. Players play at a higher level when it is expected of them. I believe once a team finds the x factor it doesn't matter on enrollment. It's embedded on the kids at a lower level and carried on through high school.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Burget doing what he's doing with the smallest enrollment in the district posSibley all valley 6a is pretty impressive.
    Definitely not trying to take anything away from Coach Burget and what he’s done at East. I have nothing but respect for him. I’m just that what Coach Gomez has done with this San Benito program since take over is pretty extraordinary.

Thread Information