Welcome to the 956 Sports Forum.

View Poll Results: Who wins?!?!?!?!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mercedes

    10 52.63%
  • Brownsville Vets

    9 47.37%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103
  1. #1
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default Brownsville Vets vs Mercedes

    This should be a good one at Mercedes. How healthy did Mercedes get this past week?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Juan
    Posts
    23,365

    Default

    Poll added.

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Mercedes defense is healthy we lost a rb...speedy recovery to him....kept Donna to 7pts they came in with a 2 and 1 record. ...
    Put up 35pts...
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 10-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.

  4. #4
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,368

    Default

    Your having injuries but not as bad like E-E had 2 years ago.
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  5. #5
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mercedes
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    Your having injuries but not as bad like E-E had 2 years ago.
    Who cares about 2 years ago, we're talking about this year...now we're still missing Adame, Gracia didn't play against Donna and think we lost Ledesma for the season(possible torn acl) is what I heard
    <img src=http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/BIKESHOE/TIGERFOOTBALLNUMBER2.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Mercedes by 14
    FALCON PRIDE NEVER DIES...GO FALCONS GO

  7. #7
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger for Life View Post
    Who cares about 2 years ago, we're talking about this year...now we're still missing Adame, Gracia didn't play against Donna and think we lost Ledesma for the season(possible torn acl) is what I heard
    Which Ledesma is the one your talking about. Adame missing is a big hole but from what is hear is D not really missing a beat. I see it tough for vets but como qiera go Chargers.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mercedes
    Posts
    5,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Which Ledesma is the one your talking about. Adame missing is a big hole but from what is hear is D not really missing a beat. I see it tough for vets but como qiera go Chargers.
    Rb Fabian Ledesma...yeah the D is playing pretty good. They came together as a team, still need to clean up a lil more on penalties tho
    Last edited by Tiger for Life; 10-01-2017 at 11:39 PM.
    <img src=http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w343/BIKESHOE/TIGERFOOTBALLNUMBER2.gif border=0 alt= />

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Tough game coming up against Brownsville Vets. The key to stopping Vets is the QB, Gustavo Vasquez. He is big and can run over defenders. Tigers must stop or slow him down if they expect to win. He will basically run with the ball most of the time. Not a threat in the passing game. Hopefully Fabian can heal from his injury so we shall see. Of course, Gracia didn't play but he should be back and Aleks Ramos is a tough running back with size and ability. Sonny Vela, #21, is small but quick and with some moves but still young. Tigers cannot overlook Chargers because they will play us tough. This game could be for the district title. Go Tigers!

  10. #10
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    Tough game coming up against Brownsville Vets. The key to stopping Vets is the QB, Gustavo Vasquez. He is big and can run over defenders. Tigers must stop or slow him down if they expect to win. He will basically run with the ball most of the time. Not a threat in the passing game. Hopefully Fabian can heal from his injury so we shall see. Of course, Gracia didn't play but he should be back and Aleks Ramos is a tough running back with size and ability. Sonny Vela, #21, is small but quick and with some moves but still young. Tigers cannot overlook Chargers because they will play us tough. This game could be for the district title. Go Tigers!
    Gustavo is hot and cold in passing game. First 3 game he was 40 percent completion in passing. This past game he was 8 for 9 shade under 100 with very good situational passing. When number 2 goes in at qb he is a threat to pass. Liam Longoria posture and movement wise reminds me of Michael Vick as he is a southpaw but he is still very green. Also dont forget Abel Martinez as he is just as effective as Gustavo but relies on speed. Not many opposing players can catch him in open field. He is very patient runner who seems veey slow but when block is done he shoots like a pistol. DE for Vets Yanez and Martinez are probably best defenders for vets. I really hope for a hell of a game here. I think both teams know whats at stake and think they dont fear each other but respect each other. Hope for best Tigers and goooooo Chargers tadda da da daaaa Chaaaargeeee

  11. #11
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Gustavo is hot and cold in passing game. First 3 game he was 40 percent completion in passing. This past game he was 8 for 9 shade under 100 with very good situational passing. When number 2 goes in at qb he is a threat to pass. Liam Longoria posture and movement wise reminds me of Michael Vick as he is a southpaw but he is still very green. Also dont forget Abel Martinez as he is just as effective as Gustavo but relies on speed. Not many opposing players can catch him in open field. He is very patient runner who seems veey slow but when block is done he shoots like a pistol. DE for Vets Yanez and Martinez are probably best defenders for vets. I really hope for a hell of a game here. I think both teams know whats at stake and think they dont fear each other but respect each other. Hope for best Tigers and goooooo Chargers tadda da da daaaa Chaaaargeeee
    Very good analysis BFC! It could be a shootout or a defensive battle so we shall see on Friday. It could be for the district championship of 32-5A! I believe that it will boil down to who plays better on defense. If Tigers offense clicks like last week at Donna, then Tigers will be alright. Winner of this game might have to score 35+ points. Tigers had 35 against Donna at the half and then allowed back ups to play. We shall see what happens on Friday. See you at the Jungle and of course, Go Tigers!

  12. #12
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Any idea how to get to Veterans stadium? Got family playing on freshman team?
    Go Tigers....
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 10-03-2017 at 05:07 PM.

  13. #13
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badboyzracing View Post
    Any idea how to get to Veterans stadium? Go family playing on freshman team?
    Go Tigers....
    Not hard to find. Behind high school. High school is on highway 281. Cant miss while on 281 highway within Brownsville. If coming from west heading east it will be on left side.

  14. #14
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Thanks

    BFC...

  15. #15
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,130

    Default

    Only loss Tigers have this season even with all the injuries is to State #4 Calallen ...
    It's going to be a battle I like Mercedes +7....
    Go Tigers....
    Last edited by badboyzracing; 10-03-2017 at 06:42 PM.

  16. #16
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    LA MAQUINA LAND
    Posts
    10,368

    Default

    So Brownsville Vets has their own Stadium or is it only for sub varsity
    Cowboy Lover!!! Texans Still suck!!!!

  17. #17
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    two steps ahead of you
    Posts
    14,378

    Default

    I'll take Brownsville Veterans in this one...

  18. #18
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lmka View Post
    So Brownsville Vets has their own Stadium or is it only for sub varsity
    Own stadium that sub varsity usea the most but this is about a 5000 to 7000 bleacher seats that has hosted varsity games. I can remeber hosting edinburg and edinburg north. Since its 281 it has a different feel. It feels like a nature feel as it is surrounded by green plant life and the high school. Reason it is not used consistently for varsity is that sams can still host and the restroom facilities are portables.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    Own stadium that sub varsity usea the most but this is about a 5000 to 7000 bleacher seats that has hosted varsity games. I can remeber hosting edinburg and edinburg north. Since its 281 it has a different feel. It feels like a nature feel as it is surrounded by green plant life and the high school. Reason it is not used consistently for varsity is that sams can still host and the restroom facilities are portables.
    In the suburbs of San Pedro.
    Harlingen Cardinals Most Wins Of Any Team In Valley History.

    Just another post from an ARROGANT CARDINAL FAN.

  20. #20
    Heisman Winner
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Brownsville, Texas
    Posts
    968

    My Social Networking

    Follow BFC On Twitter Add BFC on Facebook

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greenblood View Post
    In the suburbs of San Pedro.
    Not quite but close. Very close

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •