Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weslaco East

8 88.89%
  • Weslaco High

1 11.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Moderator in Training

I'm not afraid to think outside the box or put 8 in it.

Immortal

Immortal

When my teams on a BYE so am i, plus making some moves at work so been busy, but well not much to say here, on PAPER east should win, last season on PAPER Panthers should have won (we didnt) its a rivalry game, they've both had 2 weeks to prepare, really anything goes, lets see who comes out better prepared and hungrier for the W. With that said If we can limit the mistakes, finish drives in the red zone, bend but dont break on defense, should be a good game and if its close in the 4th i like the Panthers to close it out. Panthers by 7
    Last edited by Midvalleyftball79; 09-25-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    There we go

Hall of Famer

East will take it to Weslaco High with the running game. If Panthers can manage some turnovers then they might have a chance. Otherwise, I pick the Wildcats. Too much east side strong side! BTW, even East has a player who lived in Mercedes and played at Mercedes Junior High but his dad got mad with the counseling center and moved his kid to Weslaco. Actually took him to Weslaco High first and didn't get the results he wanted and then moved the kid to East. He plays receiver and defensive back. Hopefully it will be a good game to watch!

Hey so then next year when the panthers are favored and its the bye week, and even game week, is every single panther peep gonna stay away from this thread also like this year?

Or are panther peeps staying away because. Well you know.

Or will y'all be up in here for 2 weeks since you will be favored? Respect to midvalley

Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan1950 View Post
    East will take it to Weslaco High with the running game. If Panthers can manage some turnovers then they might have a chance. Otherwise, I pick the Wildcats. Too much east side strong side! BTW, even East has a player who lived in Mercedes and played at Mercedes Junior High but his dad got mad with the counseling center and moved his kid to Weslaco. Actually took him to Weslaco High first and didn't get the results he wanted and then moved the kid to East. He plays receiver and defensive back. Hopefully it will be a good game to watch!
    Again with player's? Maybe they just dont like Mercedes!

Quote Originally Posted by Midvalleyftball79 View Post
    When my teams on a BYE so am i, plus making some moves at work so been busy, but well not much to say here, on PAPER east should win, last season on PAPER Panthers should have won (we didnt) its a rivalry game, they've both had 2 weeks to prepare, really anything goes, lets see who comes out better prepared and hungrier for the W. With that said If we can limit the mistakes, finish drives in the red zone, bend but dont break on defense, should be a good game and if its close in the 4th i like the Panthers to close it out. Panthers by 7
    Should be good as always. Some peeps predicting a blowout

Immortal

This is a cool little vid by kwes....this would be an awesome video to play during the pregame festivities...

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    This is a cool little vid by kwes....this would be an awesome video to play during the pregame festivities...

Petty cool truth

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post
    Lol
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Hall of Famer

Could be a signature win for coach salinas ... interesting game to start district
    "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to DIE". - Inigo Montoya

Quote Originally Posted by craftysouthpaw View Post
    Lol

Hall of Famer

On paper East should take this one, but like they say "that's why they play the game." Interested to see how Salinas approaches the QB position now that district is here. Does he keep rotating or does he stick with one guy more than the other. Does Banda get some playing time now that he's healthy?

Our offense has to limit the 3 and outs. We're gonna have to give the defense some rest or East will take advantage with their power running game. Should be a great crowd like always, wish I could make it. Hoping the Panthers come out focused and ready to go. Go Panthers!!

A rivalry? The third time weve played them? If they want to call it a rivalry, I guess.-Coach Burget

Hall of Famer

Very excited for this game for other things than the actual game itself. Friday can't get here soon enough.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by East956 View Post
    It's all in good fun, most of us just type away sometimes not having a clue what we type or just to ruffle each other's feathers. Put some extra hold gel on your feathers Panther peeps...haha.

Immortal

Weslaco highs passing will be the key in moving the ball against the east defense. As I said it is a weakness that has shown in easts previous two games. Wes highs passing has been pretty decent but will have to be really good Friday night. I'm predicting another close one but like most know east should come out with the w. But win arnt given away they are earned.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Have two viable ideas as to why your compadres are missing, first is because they have been banned temporarily, second is that they've realized that the team is a bottom dweller team again like last year and have no fight in them to spread their delusional overrated hype. Not to worry, they'll be back eventually in both cases when they face the likes of Hawks and Rivera.
    Nope...I've been here in this thread. I just hope things work out for our offense and get things consistent. I know things seem like the Panthers are bottom dweller, BUT, I know the potential that is there, like I said, just hoping things work out.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just not one that will fall into a back and forth type fest, spewing hateful opinions towards other teams. I'm one that will believe in my son and his team. I don't have to bash your team to make mine appear better.

Carry on.

Hall of Famer

I've never done the Sudden Death Pick'em, I'm not that knowledgeable like others.

Just interesting to see how the ones that think they know something about the Panthers never seem to pick their opponent to beat them, week in and week out. Always go for the obvious outcomes, which don't seem to be too obvious at the end of the games.

Just something to think about.
    Last edited by Nombre; 09-27-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Heisman Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Nombre View Post
    Nope...I've been here in this thread. I just hope things work out for our offense and get things consistent. I know things seem like the Panthers are bottom dweller, BUT, I know the potential that is there, like I said, just hoping things work out.

I'm not going anywhere, I'm just not one that will fall into a back and forth type fest, spewing hateful opinions towards other teams. I'm one that will believe in my son and his team. I don't have to bash your team to make mine appear better.

Carry on.
    Bueno...pues I revised it...

Quote Originally Posted by BRWC View Post
    Have two viable ideas as to why "most" of your compadres are missing, first is because they have been banned temporarily for their typical BS, and/or secondly, I'm sure they've realized that their team is a bottom dweller team again like last year and have no fight in them to spread their delusional overrated hype. Not to worry, they'll be back eventually in both cases when they face the likes of Hawks and Rivera.

I predict panthers will go 2-7 this season
    Nombre...everyone has opinions and has the freedom to respectively share them in these forums, just as the majority of your panther brethren do on our threads. It's fair game. If you cannot handle it when Card fans follow suit, stay out of our game threads and copying/pasting posts from our threads in panther threads as you did with my post. It's rather childish if you think about it. Everyone doesn't have to agree with you or see it your way. I'm not spewing hateful opinions or bashing your team. I was providing two viable explanations on the whereabouts of "panther fans" or most of them as a response to East956. I'm not bashing your kid or the team, lets get that straight. Good luck to the panthers.

2x - 5A Regional Finalists ('89 & '11)
    12x - 5A/6A Regional Semifinalists ('88, '89, '94, '96, '97, '03, '05, '08, '09, '10, '11, '15)
    31x - Consecutive regular season game winning streak ('08-'11) *RGV 5A record
    38x - District championships
    40x - Playoff trips *RGV record

BOTA- Cardinals lead 62-23-5
    Bird Bowl- Cardinals lead 21-4

Thread Information